SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Uh Oh! Look what I found again! Another NM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 07:56 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

too much red IMO. they should have mixed in more black for contrast. red makes a better highlight color than a base.
Old 03-04-10, 08:59 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. They should have used black as an accent color more. I bet if the floormats were black, the center accent trims along the sides of the radio console were black, and perhaps the roof liner, it would look a lot better. But I love the read leather. Can't get more sporty than that and it very Porsche-esque. Wish I had it.
Old 03-04-10, 09:20 AM
Yes

that and i think it would have helped to have some black in the door panels. personally, i wish it were a darker shade of red too. it probably helps that they only made 100 of them. they have to appeal to very few people.
Old 03-04-10, 10:59 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd hit that everyday driving it to work and on the weekends.

martini3.......BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-10, 10:33 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For anyone who is curious to know. The Ebay NM sold for $21,995.00.
Kayy
Old 03-06-10, 10:40 AM
Yes

Originally Posted by azkaty
For anyone who is curious to know. The Ebay NM sold for $21,995.00.
Kayy
looks like they re-listed it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_13440wt_1167
Old 03-06-10, 11:34 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Wonder what happened? Looks like the winner must have had some kind of problem.

What are the chances of this? eBay has all 3 SC's with the red leather for sale....all at the same time, and the black and white one are being sold by the same seller. Think they would give a big discount if you bought both of them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...ht_8656wt_1167

Now....Bob and Katy, why don't you sell BOTH of your cars and each have one with red leather?!?! Just kidding....
Old 03-06-10, 01:38 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks like every other SC430 owner on CL wants to spend Bob And Katy's $$$$$$$ ! I bet there's not another driveway in America with dual red interiors !
Old 03-06-10, 02:50 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default NM cars

Katy was incorrect...looks like it was re-listed. I am now tempted...we will see what happens...it will cost me about 2K to get my hood, rear bumper and front bumper 100% ( not that they are really bad...I am just a perfectionist)...soooooo...............if I could get the NM for $22K I would actually be ahead!? But then, we have to get new wheels, tires, shipping...I actually love the color combo..but each of us have to decide when the "quest" is finally done. Really love my car, and the nice part of it is that she is not a daily driver...and is a 100% AZ car..underneath she still looks like new..even the camber adjusters on the rear are clean as when she was delivered...just found out that I have a very healthy tax return coming ( quite a surprise with my income down last year)...I will see. The older I get, seems that if things are meant to work out they usually do..and if the change is a "struggle" it is not meant to be...your thoughts? Bob

Last edited by azkaty; 03-07-10 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-06-10, 03:43 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default Nm 2002

SC, can you "blow up"the pics of the car...need to see if the hood and front bumper have been repainted..and if so...how well, Bob
Old 03-07-10, 01:41 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
Carolyn was incorrect...looks like it was re-listed. I am now tempted...we will see what happens...it will cost me about 2K to get my hood, rear bumper and front bumper 100% ( not that they are really bad...I am just a perfectionist)...soooooo...............if I could get the NM for $22K I would actually be ahead!? But then, we have to get new wheels, tires, shipping...I actually love the color combo..but each of us have to decide when the "quest" is finally done. Really love my car, and the nice part of it is that she is not a daily driver...and is a 100% AZ car..underneath she still looks like new..even the camber adjusters on the rear are clean as when she was delivered...just found out that I have a very healthy tax return coming ( quite a surprise with my income down last year)...I will see. The older I get, seems that if things are meant to work out they usually do..and if the change is a "struggle" it is not meant to be...your thoughts? Bob
Bob, this is just an extra serving of happiness, a healthy tax return and and a re-listed #53, it's meant to be !!
Old 03-07-10, 01:47 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Hey everybody, I think there's going to be a nuptial announcement , Jade and Silver Belle, honeymoon in AZ ! Katy, make sure you put up the Do Not Disturb sign on your garage door !
Old 03-07-10, 01:21 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Just came back from looking at a 05 PB! Nice car,and priced well.

This one is about 16 miles from us..Bob is tempted, as he can actually see it, and they would take his red SC in trade.

We are thinking this might be the one..

I see one problem.. the gps door in the trunk does not want to shut. It appeasr to be a one owner car. Nice interior!
Katy
Attached Thumbnails Uh Oh!  Look what I found again!  Another NM!!!-img_3778.jpg   Uh Oh!  Look what I found again!  Another NM!!!-img_3779.jpg   Uh Oh!  Look what I found again!  Another NM!!!-img_3780.jpg   Uh Oh!  Look what I found again!  Another NM!!!-img_3781.jpg   Uh Oh!  Look what I found again!  Another NM!!!-img_3783.jpg  

Old 03-07-10, 01:37 PM
Yes

maybe they could swap out his GPS for the one in the '06. you wouldn't want to pay to fix that. i'm guessing it's pretty expensive
Old 03-07-10, 02:07 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is this a CPO car or from a non-Lexus dealer?

Quick Reply: Uh Oh! Look what I found again! Another NM!!!