SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

18$ Tail light upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 06:32 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ned Vo
" I am more worried about one throwing some crack in my back seat for arguing with him, than getting a fine for my tail lights"
Sorry if it offends you. I am an attorney employed by the federal government, my position is law enforcement. Based on my work, and what I have read, understanding I am in Miami, a significant number of police officers racially profile, create false reports, and engage in unprofessional activity. I wish it were not the case.
Old 03-03-10, 07:07 AM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kaisersea
Miami PD? Now that explains everything .
Take care
Massachusetts Police
Old 03-03-10, 07:22 AM
Tyke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Miami too, I had my GS400 for over 4 years with tinted tailights NEVER a problem with the cops. I even got into a fender bender which was my fault and the cop never said a word.
I also had them on my 99 Corvette for over 2 years, NEVER a problem either.

So to sum it up, yes its "illegal" or whatever, but at least in Florida cops dont give a rats behind.

I also see people with straight up BLUE HIDS which are suppossed to be illegal, cops dont even bother.

BTW I also have a dark green SC and I wanted to stay away from tinting my tails but after seeing yours a may reconsider!
Old 03-03-10, 07:25 AM
Select
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have like it more if it was not matted black.
Old 03-03-10, 09:56 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyke
I live in Miami too, I had my GS400 for over 4 years with tinted tailights NEVER a problem with the cops. I even got into a fender bender which was my fault and the cop never said a word.
I also had them on my 99 Corvette for over 2 years, NEVER a problem either.

So to sum it up, yes its "illegal" or whatever, but at least in Florida cops dont give a rats behind.

I also see people with straight up BLUE HIDS which are suppossed to be illegal, cops dont even bother.

BTW I also have a dark green SC and I wanted to stay away from tinting my tails but after seeing yours a may reconsider!
i have limo tint on my windows. i knew it was illegal when i had it installed. but i was willing to take the risk. i've been pulled over 3 times in 4 years. the first two times, the cop didn't say a word. it's obvious that it's too dark. so they just didn't care. the third time, the cop wrote me up. it all depends on the individual. if he's having a bad day, happens to be bored or just does everything by the book.

for me personally, it was worth risking a fine to have darker windows on 120 degree days. and because it looks better. since then, i got a get out of jail free card (medical waiver). so it turned out i didn't even have to pay the fine.
Old 03-04-10, 11:21 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
Sorry if it offends you. I am an attorney employed by the federal government, my position is law enforcement. Based on my work, and what I have read, understanding I am in Miami, a significant number of police officers racially profile, create false reports, and engage in unprofessional activity. I wish it were not the case.
Thanks KaiserSea1 for stating what i know to be fact. It takes an astute individual to be able to glimpse the shoes others walk in. I don't have illegal tint, tails or anything of the sort but i have been profiled ever since ive had a driver's license. North & South Carolina are terrible even worse than my home state of Alabama. No problems in Georgia yet (knock on wood) but most of the time im doing the speed limit on cruise control. Im told some BS like my taillight is out or that i was swerving or that i need to get in the extreme right lane even though im traveling at the speed limit and not in the passing lane... the list goes on. But luckily, I've been a law clerk and have a keen knowledge of the law & my mom is a attorney. I generally diffuse the situation by being respectful but firm and letting it be known that im am very aware of my rights and I will not voluntarily relinquish them. But even then that doesn't work like in SC when the trooper decided he would just call the drug dog since i wouldnt let him search my Mercury Sable work car. (outside sales). Nevertheless, I never ride dirty, have all my paperwork in order and keep my unrestricted pistol permit and multi-state carrying law handbook handy. Racial Profiling is real! However, i personally don't hold the actions of any one individual or group thereof against the race or culture as a whole. Oh, I'm African American if y'all haven't figured that out yet. LOL!