Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help please, ePay problem

Dear CL members,

this is what happend and I need your suggestions:-
I bought an Item thru eBay. Describtion is below:-
item #170445760191 LEXUS SC430 SC 430 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER SPEEDOMETER 06-08
Seller lexmaniac2

The seller lexmaniac2 had listed the mentioned above item on eBay. I raised a question through eBay messages asking the seller the following:-
“ Dear lexmaniac2,
Hi,
I have a 2004 SC430 and I want to install 06-08 Lexus SC430 Speedo Instrument Cluster. The size is exactly the same but am not sure about the rear connections if they are the same. also am not sure if it will work on my car.
can you confirm me that it will work on my 2004SC?
or at least send me a photo of the rear side of the speedometer and if possipile also a photo of the connectopns.
If it workd, I will for sure buy it.
thanks”

In the seller reply message he confirmed that this cluster is a direct fit as he emailed me back saying
“Dear faisalobaid,
YES FAISAL IT WILL WORK. IT'LL PLUG RIGHT IN WITHOUT ISSUE.
THANKS,”
Please note that I put a condition that I will buy it only if it will work in my car and he confirmed that it will work and it will be a plug right in with out issue. So I bought the item as he sent me a quotation and I paid immediately for it.
However, when I received the item it did not fit in my car as because of 4 differences as follows:-

1. The location of the connector in my cluster is in the middle while it is in the left up corner in the cluster I bought from lexmaniac2!!!
2. My cluster has a P,R,N,D,4,3,2,L gear location indicators while the cluster I bought from lexmaniac2 has only P,R,N,D,S!!!
3. At the end of the cable that is going to the cluster, the socket connector in my car is bigger and has two vertical line edges, while the cluster I bought from lexmaniac2 is thinner and without the two vertical line edges, So it does not fit.
4. The pins inside the jack that is attached to my cluster are deferent shape and has only 22 pins! While in the cluster I bought from lexmaniac2 the pins are vertical thin lines and it is 24 pins!!!

I went to many workshops and many technician and Lexus dealer in my town and they all confirmed that there is no way to install this cluster in my car!!
When I complained to the seller (lexmaniac2) about these differences and that the cluster is not as he confirmed, he refused to refund my money!! I emailed him so many times (I have copies of the emails) he was always late in reply and never agreed to refund my money.
Another thing is that some how he managed to disable my right of giving a feedback on him although I bought the item from eBay?!! When I asked how you could disable the feedback function? he did not reply!!!!!
Moreover, he is still offering the item for sale?!!!!!!!
what to do ?!!! it was a $325 purchase?!!!!!!!
Help me please
Old 03-08-10, 09:58 PM
Tyke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did u pay?

If you paid through paypal file a dispute with paypal stating item is no what you expected to receive, false advertising, he todl you it would fit.
Hopefully thats good enough and ull get ur money back...you need to go yo paypal.com and start the process there, its straight foward.

Now, if the auction said clearly for you to find out whether or not it fits your car then you may be out of luck. But either way, stick to your story, he lied to you, you have the emails to prove it.

If you paid using a credit card, file a dispute with your credit card. Tell them same thing, he lied to you.

let us know how it goes, good luck.
Old 03-08-10, 10:53 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

I don't know if the link below will work, since you're in another country, but check out the information on eBay's buyer protection. If the link doesn't work, type "buyer protection" in the search box on eBay.

I think the first thing you need to do is contact them to tell them your situation and then let them tell you what your options are.

http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Also, eBay has a "Resolution Center."

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
Old 03-08-10, 11:30 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tyke
How did u pay?

If you paid through paypal file a dispute with paypal stating item is no what you expected to receive, false advertising, he todl you it would fit.
Hopefully thats good enough and ull get ur money back...you need to go yo paypal.com and start the process there, its straight foward.

Now, if the auction said clearly for you to find out whether or not it fits your car then you may be out of luck. But either way, stick to your story, he lied to you, you have the emails to prove it.

If you paid using a credit card, file a dispute with your credit card. Tell them same thing, he lied to you.

let us know how it goes, good luck.
thank you very much I raised a cliam in Paypal, let us see what will happen
Old 03-08-10, 11:31 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
I don't know if the link below will work, since you're in another country, but check out the information on eBay's buyer protection. If the link doesn't work, type "buyer protection" in the search box on eBay.

I think the first thing you need to do is contact them to tell them your situation and then let them tell you what your options are.

http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Also, eBay has a "Resolution Center."

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
the liks works but still I cant report it!!!!!!! Thanks for the support
Old 03-09-10, 12:34 AM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

That's why you research on ClubLexus first, ask questions here, then buy. These sellers who have random parts...what do they know about our cars? Nothing but how much they think they try to make money off of us.

Save all your correspondence with this seller because you will need it later to prove that you were misled into buying this part. It might take a month or two, but credit card companies are good about returning your money. But make sure you contact them immediately because paypal will NOT refund you your money if the seller decides to take the money and run.
Old 03-09-10, 01:04 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

If you click the first link I provided, there is a link that says "contact us" under #2. When you click that, one of the choices there is "What can I do when I get an item that's not as described?" You should be able to fill that out to start the process.

eBay also has a "live help" feature that I have used on several occasions. I believe you can bring up any car auction and find the live help feature up in the top right hand corner of the page (under "My eBay"). If not, try this link....

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/ch...MotorsViewItem

The live help feature should allow you to speak with someone at eBay directly in an IM box. Again, it might not work if you don't live in the USA. If it does work, you could tell them what your problem is and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

It's surprising that this seller is giving you such a problem, in light of his feedback rating. A 99.7% feedback rating should be "safe".

eBay has a process for dealing with these types of problems because they happen so often. It will also be interesting to see what PayPal will do for you.

Good luck with it all.

Last edited by TooCoolSC; 03-09-10 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-09-10, 01:39 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMAracer
That's why you research on ClubLexus first, ask questions here, then buy. These sellers who have random parts...what do they know about our cars? Nothing but how much they think they try to make money off of us.

Save all your correspondence with this seller because you will need it later to prove that you were misled into buying this part. It might take a month or two, but credit card companies are good about returning your money. But make sure you contact them immediately because paypal will NOT refund you your money if the seller decides to take the money and run.
great advice, I buy nothing without the advice of my friends at CL, best automotive forum in the world !
Old 03-09-10, 09:09 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If and when you return it, be certain that he has to sign for it. I returned a taillight on my 05 odyssey (back in 05) and was told it was the right taillight. You could not tell from the photo that it was the left, illustrated upside down. He told me to return it and I sent it, what was then called certified mail. What that meant was the postal worker signed that it was delivered to the address. There was no signature and the seller claims he never received it. I left negative feedback and said I was the thief that had the light and was trying to extort the money from HIM. and that was with the proof that the package was delivered to his address. That was the worst case of feedback I could imagine. I had no light, out $100 and I get called the Thief? I used to be big on Ebay, but a few incidents like this is making me bitter about auctions, even though I've had a lot of good experiences. On the other hand, last week I had to return an expensive DVD jukebox that did not work and the seller refunded me the selling price plus what I paid to send it back to her. A few bad apples-be careful.
Old 03-09-10, 09:16 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

Hey wait a second.... in the thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-it-work.html you started last year about this modification you were warned by a few that this is a difficult modification at best. Some members mentioned the differences too. While I understand your frustration, leaving out facts from that thread, undermine your case.
Old 03-09-10, 12:46 PM
norman52
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Hey wait a second.... in the thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-it-work.html you started last year about this modification you were warned by a few that this is a difficult modification at best. Some members mentioned the differences too. While I understand your frustration, leaving out facts from that thread, undermine your case.
I agree, in the previous thread everyone stated the instrument cluster was different and to make it work would take a lot of changes and then you went and bought the instrument cluster anyway and then you try to blame the seller.
Old 03-09-10, 02:19 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Turboo please explain...others are right...you were warned very carefully that the 2002-2005 were significantly different than the 2006 up if you read your post from last year.

Why would you go ahead and buy it still?

I hope you can get your money back through the paypal dispute. If they did in fact tell you it would work according to your first post, then you certainly are entitled to your money back. Although misinformation was given, you should have questioned the fitment information he gave, or asked CL members again-we would have set you straight.

It is not a total loss, relax. Worst case scenario you could always re-sell it on eBay and recoup your money. Chalk this one up to not heeding friends advice before buying. I've done this many times in life and it rarely works out for me. Good luck and please keep us posted on the transaction.

PS-I have bought from this seller before and I have watched them for a few years on eBay and I have to say they are a good seller and an accurate/fair one based on my transactions. I would doubt they would stiff you on this transaction...give it a few more days.
Old 03-09-10, 09:10 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Default reply to my friends norman52, VVtiBob & scdroptop

Thank you all for your support and I really appreciate it. I am happy that you are interested in my problem and really want to know the truth. Also I can understand from where your concern is coming. What I liked most is what scdroptop did by giving me a chance to prove, reply and defend my self

This incident (Case B) is deferent than the what I wan talking about in the previous thread I will call it (case A) https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-it-work.html and if you allow me I will explain why I went and bought this speedometer even after the discussion in the above mentioned thread. First, in case A the speedometer was 2006 model and it was available locally. Also I got the chance to test it. moreover, the Technician said that "the Jack connector is deferent than what is in my car, however maybe in other models it is the same and if you find any cluster with same jack then it will work".
So I consulted CL and got nice feedback and discussed it fairly in the form and thanked all of you my dear professional CL members.

Now back to Case B with this seller, He has a 2008 speedometer so I thought it might be having the same jack connector as my car?! Also I asked and told him my concerns about the rear connection and the differences in the jack due to that my car is 2004. He confirmed that it is a direct plug with no issues. Also to be in the safe side I used a condition word "If" it works I will buy it and he agreed to that.

If anyone would like to see the emails, PS me your email and I will forward all correspondents between me and the seller.

Love this form and LOVE all professional members
Old 03-09-10, 09:32 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solman
If and when you return it, be certain that he has to sign for it. I returned a taillight on my 05 odyssey (back in 05) and was told it was the right taillight. You could not tell from the photo that it was the left, illustrated upside down. He told me to return it and I sent it, what was then called certified mail. What that meant was the postal worker signed that it was delivered to the address. There was no signature and the seller claims he never received it. I left negative feedback and said I was the thief that had the light and was trying to extort the money from HIM. and that was with the proof that the package was delivered to his address. That was the worst case of feedback I could imagine. I had no light, out $100 and I get called the Thief? I used to be big on Ebay, but a few incidents like this is making me bitter about auctions, even though I've had a lot of good experiences. On the other hand, last week I had to return an expensive DVD jukebox that did not work and the seller refunded me the selling price plus what I paid to send it back to her. A few bad apples-be careful.
Thanks for the advice I really appreciat it