SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Decision made to move forward on the '05 Pebble Beach

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-10 | 06:21 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default Decision made to move forward on the '05 Pebble Beach

After much soul searching, I have made a decision to move forward on the '05 Pebble Beach car. Called the dealer this evening, and let him know that I cannot have the car inspected by my tech until Friday AM ( he injured himself today), and told him that I would be keeping my Tourmalines, Injen, and new tires...and he said OK...so...will get it checked out Friday, and see where we go from here. The car has 80K (more than I would like) but drives great, interior is great, and is within my price range (cash). Has some issues, but are covered under his 30 day, 1000 mi warranty..and he has an excellent reputation per the BBB. This car should clean-up and buff to more than excellent condition. The car is on consignment, and he would make his $$ on my car...so, if all checks out within reason, could be a winner for all concerned. Will keep you posted..with pics...Bob
Old 03-09-10 | 07:23 PM
Bretsuaz
Rookie

Congratulations! I saw that car on Craigslist, too. I really like your car, and it has less miles. Are you sure you want to get rid of it?
Old 03-10-10 | 01:44 AM
tromly
Pole Position

So Katy, you and SCDROPTOP will be cousins with the same car ! You guys can swap mats and info, this will be great !
Old 03-10-10 | 04:28 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by tromly
So Katy, you and SCDROPTOP will be cousins with the same car ! You guys can swap mats and info, this will be great !
Hey Tromly!

Bob just loves the PB.. plus, he has to have a car to work on.. the red SC is done and perfect! On to the next one!
Katy
Old 03-10-10 | 04:31 AM
Badfish2
Driver School Candidate

You will not be unhappy with the PB and the Dexter red interior.
Old 03-10-10 | 04:43 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Badfish2
You will not be unhappy with the PB and the Dexter red interior.
How cool would it be if they called it Dexter red. No one markets directly to serial killers.

Congrats on your purchase, sometimes you can get what you want!
Old 03-10-10 | 08:41 AM
Bretsuaz
Rookie

Originally Posted by azkaty
Hey Tromly!

Bob just loves the PB.. plus, he has to have a car to work on.. the red SC is done and perfect! On to the next one!
Katy
Bob and Katy, After you get the PB, maybe we could meet up sometime. I would love to check out your nice rides. Wish I had the money to buy Bobs car!

Bret
Old 03-10-10 | 09:24 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
Hey Tromly!

Katy
katy, my next car is the 06 PB, love the tobacco brown and ivory interior , SCDROPTOP calls it the cappccino, crema, expresso, latte, Lexus Baristas trifecta. He's one crazy dude !

Last edited by tromly; 03-10-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-10-10 | 02:09 PM
scdroptop

yes, yes, yes....more PB's please! These are truly cool cars (unless of course you don't like red leather, then I'd recommend the root beer 2006, sgm 2008, mm 2009 or blue 2004 models).

I can totally empathize with bob/katy for wanting a new toy. Without significant investments in these car (I'd draw the line at $3k), wheels, intake, ipod, lighting, etc with these cars can be modified nicely and there is not much else to do but to enjoy or move on to the next car. Obviously body kits, exhaust, pulleys, suspension can be more significant upgrades and change the car completely, but also require much more money. I have the itch already on my 2005 PB, but I'm going to see through a few more projects...luxlink, lowering with tanabes and 2006 rear tails before I am done with her.

tromly-i'm ready to work for you...let me know. There are four sitting out there right now looking for a home!!! I just helped someone else buy one not too long ago on the east coast. $34k for a 2006 PB with low miles was a steal! They are very reasonable now. you can do it!!!

yeah! i am very excited for bob and katy!!!
Old 03-10-10 | 03:08 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

once you get your '05 PB, i'm willing to trade my '03 for it.

martini3
Old 03-10-10 | 04:32 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

All our friends here on CL..life would be so boring without you..and our fun conversations!

One thing we have to look in to..Monday we had a hail storm, now wouldn't that be a kicker, if the PB has hail damage when we go to look at it Friday?
Katy
Old 03-10-10 | 04:33 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bretsuaz
Bob and Katy, After you get the PB, maybe we could meet up sometime. I would love to check out your nice rides. Wish I had the money to buy Bobs car!

Bret
Let us know where you are at..would be great to meet local CL's.
Katy
Old 03-10-10 | 06:57 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Good luck on the PB and being selling your red one. I hope it wasn't damaged.
Old 03-10-10 | 07:20 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default '05 Pebblebeach

Harold,

Don't think it was...still parked under a steel awning...where we left it..on Sunday afternoon. We will see on Friday. Really hope that it checks out OK with my tech. Drives great, tight and very responsive...was owned up to the 60K service by a gal in her 50's...and she had all of the services done at Lexus. Then there is a 20K mile gap in Lexus service history..which has me concerned, except that the services to 80K are really only oil changes...if this checks out, may be my "last car" like another post here on the site. Love the SC, but the Red/Ecru although very pretty, is also a bit too "gaudy" for me....don't get me wrong, my '02 is now very, very nice...but I am blessed being in a position to only drive during the week ....and weekends when it does not rain! So... a real "collector" SC makes sense for me..even starting to wonder if I would keep the PB 2-tone wheels rather than running my Tourmalines..the PB wheels actually look "OK" with me, and 10 years from now the OEM wheels will probably add to the value...rather than the Tourmalines. I really enjoy restoring rare cars..and the '05 is the only SC with the painted headlight thing, which (IMO) makes it very rare. Bob
Old 03-10-10 | 10:33 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

Congrat,
My 02 Blue with black leather is still running strong at 100+K. My next one will be 04 PB (lighter blue), 02 NM or 06 PB in white. The 02 NM on eBay is so attempting....just not at the right time.
Again, Katy & Bob, enjoy your 05 PB .

Quick Reply: Decision made to move forward on the '05 Pebble Beach