SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lextreme Super charger bracket...works?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 07:41 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lextreme Super charger bracket...works?

hi ALL,
I've searched but the information is very limitted regarding a super charger kits availablity for our sc430. I've seen/read about LMS, RMM and SRT super charger kits. They all STOPPED producing their kit for some reasons. What available now are USED with incomplete parts or already modified etc...also, it's very hard to get our hands on these used ones.

Since I have a freshly built long block, I've thought about charging this engine. I have had few turbo cars in the past. But our sc430 isn't turbo friendly project unless money isn't an issue. The shop owner, my brother at Riverside Import is covering all the labor. All I need just the right parts
Due to high volume customers daily, he only works on my car on Sat and Sun.
So, custom TT kit is out of question.

Super charger that's it!!!
I've looked for all of the companies above that would sell me the S/C kit or just the bracket......"No, we don't make them any more" + "No, we don't have any bracket available" etc...
I came across Lextreme bracket which they claim with minor mod it would fit some procharger (C2?) self contained oil.

I'm looking for some expert out there would confirm this. Has any one use this bracket on our sc430? Please kindly guide me to the right direction...thanks ALL!!!
Ned Vo
As long as someone confirms it should fit/would fit, I'd give it a shot
Old 03-17-10, 12:59 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

here's the link
http://www.lextreme.com/supercharger-bracket.html

Any expert out here?
Old 03-17-10, 07:54 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If they didn't make a bolt-on kit that is reliable and cheap for the more popular 2GS, they won't make one for the SC for good.

I would go to 2GS forum for info since all the experts are there.
Old 03-21-10, 06:33 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ned Vo
hi ALL,
I've searched but the information is very limitted regarding a super charger kits availablity for our sc430. I've seen/read about LMS, RMM and SRT super charger kits. They all STOPPED producing their kit for some reasons. What available now are USED with incomplete parts or already modified etc...also, it's very hard to get our hands on these used ones.

Since I have a freshly built long block, I've thought about charging this engine. I have had few turbo cars in the past. But our sc430 isn't turbo friendly project unless money isn't an issue. The shop owner, my brother at Riverside Import is covering all the labor. All I need just the right parts
Due to high volume customers daily, he only works on my car on Sat and Sun.
So, custom TT kit is out of question.

Super charger that's it!!!
I've looked for all of the companies above that would sell me the S/C kit or just the bracket......"No, we don't make them any more" + "No, we don't have any bracket available" etc...
I came across Lextreme bracket which they claim with minor mod it would fit some procharger (C2?) self contained oil.

I'm looking for some expert out there would confirm this. Has any one use this bracket on our sc430? Please kindly guide me to the right direction...thanks ALL!!!
Ned Vo
As long as someone confirms it should fit/would fit, I'd give it a shot
What do you have in your freshly built long block? special rods & pistons? Can you build one if you have a brakcet I mean do you have re resources to do the piping & intercooler if you got the SC unit & bracket? I'm not sure if or how much fabbing is involved to get the Lextreme one to fit.

The one that a previous member had by SRT will work w/ the Procharger C2.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-26-10 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-22-10, 05:16 AM
Ned Vo
Driver

Gilexus,
all I really needed is the right bracket. Everything else...piping, intercooler etc....can be done at our shop, and tuning is couple of blocks away . Single turbo is another option. We had the car on the lift, and staring at it for hours while sipping some Heineken... This is what we come up with:
single turbo by using the factory manifolds. Convert them 2-1 piping, run this pipe from the bottom of the engine to the factory air box where a T4 turbo will be mounted, then run the exhaust pipe from here( turbo/factory air box) to the exhaust/custom Y pipe. I know it sounds simple but it's not that hard. These guys have more than 20+ years in experience working on supra, 300zx TT, Rx7, 350z, G35 etc.... Piping and intercooler isn't a problem. I might have to wait for late fall'10 for this project. My engine is the one that listed on sc430 classified. I bought it from Quicksilver Racing in MD. Also, this engine is off the car. I have no down time I guess. Take care

Last edited by Ned Vo; 03-22-10 at 05:31 AM. Reason: infor
Old 03-22-10, 05:34 AM
Ned Vo
Driver

This is the engine I purchased....
SC 430 Engine and trans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale is a V8 engine for a 2002 Lexus SC 430 with an automatic transmission. This engine has zero time on a fresh performance rebuild by Quicksilver RacEngines a well known race engine manufacturer. It has been set up for use with a turbo charger/ super charger, balanced, with a multi angle competition valve job and new parts as follows:
Crower high strength billet connecting rods
Ross custom forged turbo pistons
Sealed Power premium piston ring set
New Lexus factory exhaust valves
New Lexus factory valve springs
New Lexus factory valve lifters
New Lexus factory connecting rod bearings
New Lexus factory main bearings
Two new timing belt idlers
New Lexus factory timing belt
Complete Lexus factory gasket and seal set
New spark plugs
This engine is fitted with performance fuel injectors, and is ready to make your SC perform better than new.
This engine is sold without warranty. Transmission is available separate or as a pair.
This item is available for pick up, or we will crate it for shipping. We ship lots of engines and can get a discounted rate from most trucking companies.

4500.00 for the pair call with offers
301 698 9009
Erik
Old 03-22-10, 12:55 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Do you know what size injectors they used?

Wow, I read the post, this was Weny's engine (SC430blue) I remember he blew his motor and was having it rebuilt. I never knew that he never put the motor in. He was running custom NOS kit by SRT Racing and added boost w/ a C2 charger & blew a few pistons. He did not make any fuel adjustments when he added boost.
Old 03-22-10, 01:00 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

RC injectors 440cc, yes it is Wenny's sc430 blue built engine. He disappeared therefore; the shop quicksilver engine sold his motor to recover the labor and parts cost.
I spoke with STSturbo Co. this morning. Most likely, I'd try their universal rear mount single turbo. Let me check with my master mechanic on this one later this day.
Take care
Old 03-23-10, 03:51 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

I spoke to Weny for awhile before he dissapeared & burned afew people I believe. I was working on getting the C2 bracket design that SRT built him for his Procharger C-2. I contacted SRT and they wanted around $350-400 to make one. I did get a template from him but I just could not figure out what 2 mounting points he used that is when he dissapeared.

I belive this will work on the GS 400/430 I think there is slightly more room under the hood than on the SC430. If your looking for high boost numbers i don't think the C2 will do. I think you might get 8psi.