SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sway bars, frame stiffners, different TPMS and Saddle colored leather

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-10, 03:59 AM
HVisone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bars, frame stiffners, different TPMS and Saddle colored leather

Sway bars I have a 2005 SC430 of recent purchase and would like to get some slightly stiffer sway bars than stock. Did an internent search and found Diazen, but no others.
Does anyone know of other sway bars that would work or could be modified to work?
When using the diazen, what setting is best? The stiffest? Or ???

What about frame stiffners of a lateral nature (side to side)??
Was having the wheels balanced, and they had one side of the car jacked up, leaving the door and trunk open. Roof was closed. Was stunned when trying to close both, as they were out of line completely (really bad as in about one to two inches depending on where located!!!) to he extent they would not shut!!! Thought the chassis was busted. They checked and could find nothing wrong. When car was off the jack, everything worked excellent, the body panels were back in a perfect fit (these cars have perfectly uniform gaps between the body panels, and mine is perfect). So question is does anybody know of any frame stiffeners? Either over the counter or do it yourself fixes?

also would like to buy a later model SC, but I have not found any saddle colored leather except 2005 and earlier models. Did they stop making saddle in 2005?

Finally, can one use a different TPMS system than Lexus? Thinking about different wheels and would simply prefer not to pay $$$500 for new tire pressure system monitors and do not want to disconnect the system, or take the old sensors from my current tires

Love most of the car.

Things I do not like about these cars are the stock wheels of any year model, too much body roll when cornering, lack of parking sensors and the front bumper/nose. (Wish it had a more agressive nose, perhaps like the Porsche 911--and for those who might fuss about 4 seats, the 911 have had that for years and they sometimes come in very handy....)

....If Lexus had fixed or done something better in these three areas of wheels, body roll, and nose--(and toss in a little more HP from the motor which is a very conservative engine), these cars would be selling like hotcakes in the morning, instead of the talk of stopping production

I think I can easily fix all but the nose.

But I need some help

Thanks

Last edited by HVisone; 04-17-10 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-17-10, 09:36 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the nose part, there are some nice complete front bumper replacements. I like the one they have available by Job Design.

Plus, check out this thread for other options, especially the last few pages!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-best-19.html

I'm in the market for the stiffining the car too so very interested in what others have to say in this thread. Are you also considering stiffer shocks/coilovers?
Attached Thumbnails Sway bars, frame stiffners, different  TPMS and  Saddle colored leather-lexus-sc-430-job-design_8.jpg   Sway bars, frame stiffners, different  TPMS and  Saddle colored leather-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-17-10, 12:20 PM
HVisone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, as I have found with some good experience as well as that of some others involving other cars, that stiffer shocks and springs make the ride rougher but do not help all that much, if any, over better sway bars and stiffer chassis (esp with the rolling of the car and imprecise handling in corners).

OTOH, the sway bars and stiffer chassis do help with handling without affecting the ride quality as much, esp on bumps

Nice bumper!!

who sells it in USA? How much?
do you have a link because I could not find it?
Old 04-17-10, 01:56 PM
da-bizket
Pole Position

HVisone,

You have pretty much nailed the SC's issues that need to be addressed. Car flexes too much, suspension needs work, and stock wheels suck. I am curious if Toms still makes the chassis support parts. Hope these links help you out.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php?id=27

http://www.vulcantire.com/orange_409...=%7Bkeyword%7D
Old 04-17-10, 02:22 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Here ya go:

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...y_IloveBo.html

The place above is located in Ontario CA. There are a few other places that sell it in the US. I would guess they would all have to special order it.

Originally Posted by HVisone

Nice bumper!!

who sells it in USA? How much?
do you have a link because I could not find it?
Old 04-17-10, 05:34 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

that is a nice kit. the price isn't outrageous either. anyone know about how much a full kit usually runs to install including paint?
Old 04-17-10, 06:48 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
that is a nice kit. the price isn't outrageous either. anyone know about how much a full kit usually runs to install including paint?
Good question.
Old 04-27-10, 01:44 PM
Yes

fyi: i talked to a high end body shop and they said it would be about $1000 depending on how difficult it is to install. with it being a high end kit, i'm guessing it should go on fairly easily.
Old 04-27-10, 04:19 PM
da-bizket
Pole Position

The body shop probably didn't know it was full front and rear bumper replacement, and the kit doesn't fit perfect. Most shops won't work with aftermarket parts like these.

Kit: $3000
Install and paint: $2500

Probably more unless you have a real good friend.
Old 04-27-10, 05:00 PM
Yes

i told him it's a front and rear bumper plus side skirts. he said it could be a little more depending how much work they have to do to make it fit. but not a lot. also, i recently moved to albuquerque. everything is much cheaper here than socal.
Old 04-27-10, 05:54 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Thanks guys.

I heard that the kit in the photos above (Job Design) has an excellent fit! So the price to install should be lower than other kits that don't fit as well.
Old 04-27-10, 06:16 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

BTW, my plan is to get coilovers and new wheels (as soon as I get some replies to my newest thread ) this year, and then next year a body kit (most likely the Job Design). Can't budget in the cost if I don't knw the price - thanks guys!