SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Smallest Wheel offset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10 | 12:57 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Default Smallest Wheel offset?

What's the smallest offest our vehicles can use for a 9.5X20 front and a 10.5X20 rear wheel without going crazy low and while using normal size tires (meaning, not streching 245s on the rear, but using 275s instead) and finally, nothing more in modifications than a simple rolling of the fenders?

For the last 2 weeks I've been working with a shop that I've been trying to get rims from and he's not been too helpful. His phone no longer works so he told me that it's best if we just email. WTF? He keeps promising photos and either doesn't reply or tells me that their server contaning the photos is down. And they're not open on weekends. And it takes him days to return my emails. It's like he doesn't want my $$$$$. WTF?? I'm about to give up with this guy.

Sorry for venting but it's bad enough that it could take 6-12 weeks to ship once I place the order.
Old 04-19-10 | 02:53 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

For the last 2 weeks I've been working with a shop that I've been trying to get rims from and he's not been too helpful. His phone no longer works so he told me that it's best if we just email. WTF? He keeps promising photos and either doesn't reply or tells me that their server contaning the photos is down. And they're not open on weekends. And it takes him days to return my emails. It's like he doesn't want my $$$$$. WTF?? I'm about to give up with this guy.

Sorry for venting but it's bad enough that it could take 6-12 weeks to ship once I place the order.[/QUOTE]

I can't answer your offset question, but the above has the hair on the back of my neck standing up.
No way I'd do business with that guy with all the negative indicators. I'd find someone else to hand my money to.
Old 04-19-10 | 03:11 PM
Yes

anything in the mid to low 20s should be fine. you may have a little rubbing over bumps, but the tires will wear through the liner. not a big deal. any lower and you might have to roll the fenders.

a couple things to consider with that wide of tires. the steering may feel a bit sluggish going that wide in the front. the wider the tire, the more it'll fight you and try to keep going straight. and going that wide on the rear may sap some of the torque. you'll probably be a little slower off the line. basically, you'd be sacrificing a little performance and handling for a wider lip.