SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-10 | 08:13 AM
scdroptop

Default Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks

CL Family-it's been a while since I've had my Saturday Morning Starbucks run post mainly due to being out of town a lot for business but also so I could get some more unique material than just some regular ole' sc430's for sale at the local dealer.

Where have I been? Beautiful Sedona AZ!!! Also just random cities not as sexy like McAllen/Harlingen/Brownsville, Tx and others. Either way...it's back!

So, a few SC and non-SC shots for you.

At my gym, this lovely (what I thought was a 2009+ it was so clean) 2006 SC pearl white with aftermarket 18" chrome wheels non-staggered parked next to me so I couldn't resist. Later, I met the owner who was a lovely 55+ year old Plano tennis grandma/emty-nester LOL. She admired my PB and had never seen one, and I was blown away to find out her car was a 2006 with only 5k miles on it!!! WOW!!! I showed her some things on her car like the manumatic shift, how to adjust the bass on her stereo and how to use her bluetooth on her car!!! It was a mini-meet. Too bad she was a little old for me! LOL Could have had some afternoon SC-lovin'!!! Just kidding

Very cool lady though. We even talked about the SC being a chick's car and how both of us ONLY see older women driving the SC. She said it first!!!

Next up...a rare "speedster" looking XK8 with a cool deck on it. Never seen one like this. Very neat.

Lambo turning in front of me by the mall in Plano.

GT350 Mustang just taking a break on the way to Sedona.

Split window vette (not sure of year....1964 probably) two cars ahead of me-RARELY see these except for at car shows or auctions!

ROLLS at the mall...very nice...don't see too many these days.

Kaiser-got your new comparo for you, LOL!!! PINK JEEP vs SC430! That will certainly get the juices flowing on CL! Took this up to the mountains of Sedona for a nice tour.

And...a pic of the mountains of course...STUNNING!
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo3.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo4.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-phot2o.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo5.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo9.jpg  

Old 04-24-10 | 08:16 AM
scdroptop

other pics....
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo8.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo66.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo7.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks-photo6.jpg  
Old 04-24-10 | 09:14 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Good to have you back.
it's always fun to see what you come up with.
I'm in Prescott, AZ about 45 min. from Sedona.
What a beautiful place on earth, although isolated.
See you took the Pink Jeep Tour.
Where'd you go? What did you see?
What was your route from TX to AZ?
And how'd you like all the new turnabouts?
They can take some getting used to.
Old 04-24-10 | 02:47 PM
scdroptop

jimmer! You got that right...one of the most breathtaking places I've ever seen in my life! Wow...

We took the Pink Jeep tour all the way up to 9k feet and took some pics and were parallel to SNOW yet it was like 90 in PHX two hours before we got there!

We stayed at Hilton Sedona for three nights and one night I stayed at the Waldorf Boulder propery in Carefree...talk about isolated!!! I went for a jog and they gave me a buzzer to alert the main cabin in case I was in trouble! That kind of scared me. No snakes though, thank God!

We had a great time hiking and jeep tour, resort, pool, spa, etc. along with a little work made the trip well worth it for me (free!).

You and AzKaty and PHXSC are so lucky to live in such a great place. Dallas is great too, don't get me wrong, but nothing like the scenary and the beauty of AZ.
Old 04-24-10 | 03:37 PM
jimmer!
Pole Position

a 'working' vaca.
now that's using your noodle.
post a couple more AZ pics if you have them.
sounds like you had a great driving time.
Old 04-25-10 | 04:24 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

FYI if the window in the Vette was split, then it was a 63. Zora lost the fight after that. They even made a kit, that you could cut the bar out and make it look like a 64. Glad you're back, missed the Saturday coffee trip.
Old 04-25-10 | 07:48 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

You and AzKaty and PHXSC are so lucky to live in such a great place. Dallas is great too, don't get me wrong, but nothing like the scenary and the beauty of AZ.

SCdroptop.. will catch you next trip out!

Katy
Old 04-25-10 | 08:27 AM
scdroptop

Steddy-Buick made a cool car for a few years based on that split window design. My father in law is sitting on a 1972 Buick Riviera with a split window "boat tail" looking rear just like that vette. I believe it was a kit as well, as I have never seen an actual split window on a Buick, but the job was pretty good...except for father time has eroded the plastic trim holding it in place. It's sweet, but a dog for gas mileage and performance is not too good with only like 260hp on that big ole' 455 cubic inch engine! I tease him all the time because he used to make fun of my little "rice burner" he calls it Rx-7's I used to love and my 93-95 rx-7's with a tiny 1.3l wankel rotary engine could BLOW away his 455 Buick.