SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sway bar installation price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-10, 08:58 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sway bar installation price?

I just ordered some coilovers and new wheels this week. Planning to get some sway bars next year, but now I am thiking to get it done same time I get the other items installed.

Would I be saving money getting it all installed at the same time, or is the effort just the same if they did it on different days?

How much does it cost to get a set of bars installed?
Old 04-30-10, 10:02 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Besides having the car jacked up, they are different installations. But do let everyone else know where you get your sway bars as they are probably the most difficult item to locate for our cars.
Old 04-30-10, 10:27 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CAMAracer
Besides having the car jacked up, they are different installations. But do let everyone else know where you get your sway bars as they are probably the most difficult item to locate for our cars.
Thanks for the reply!

They are listed at this site below, but I haven't called to check if they have it in stock. I don't mind waiting (rims & coilovers ETA is 6-12 weeks).

Do you mean difficult as in in stock or even being able to order and wait? Do you have any idea on installation cost?

Sway Bar
Old 04-30-10, 11:07 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Those sway bars have been unavailable from Daizen for quite some time. I'm not sure if this company has them in stock or not... if they do.

Installation is not difficult, just time consuming. Took me about an hour to do each sway bar, but that was after I had practice removing the stock ones. I'd say an average mechanic with a lift could easily beat my time.
Old 06-03-10, 07:01 PM
HVisone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the whole company is gone.......
Old 06-03-10, 08:39 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HVisone
I think the whole company is gone.......
Gone? Where did they go?

TM emailed me back last month that Daizen discontinued the sway bars but may start to manufacture them again.
Old 06-04-10, 09:03 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

If the company is "maybe" gone, who else makes sway bar for our SC? Our chassis needs all the help it can get.

Regards,
Old 06-04-10, 11:34 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howdybob22
If the company is "maybe" gone, who else makes sway bar for our SC? Our chassis needs all the help it can get.

Regards,
Daizen was the only manufacturer of aftermarket sways for our SCs. They've been closed for some time now, so the secondary (used) market is really the only way to find them.
Old 06-04-10, 08:03 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

I wonder if someone can custom make one for us?

Doesn't look like a difficult thing to make. Mostly it is just a steal bar with some bends in it.

I can understand why they stopped making it. Hardly anyone customizes our car. It's not a true sports car, it's not a luxury sedan...its more like a hybrid. (I bought it because it is incrediblty reliable, it's a hardtop convertible, and has a very unique, timeless and sporty look and has somewhat of a sporty ride. I bought it 2 years ago when I was 39 and plan to keep it FOREVER) After modding to non run flat tires, the next most modded part people do is the wheels, then coilovers, then ground effect, then aluminum pedals. And these mods are seldom done.
Old 06-05-10, 05:01 AM
HVisone
Rookie

I have tried repeatedly without any luck

As to handling, I agree, dump the run flat and then get a sway bar....makes all the difference in the world

I drove a 2003 before I bought mine (2005) which only had the daizen sway bar and still had run flats, handling was night and day

If it had not had 80k miles, might have bought it....if only for the sway bars.....
Old 06-24-10, 12:40 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

It sounds like there are several of us that are interested in the sway bars. Maybe we could convince Daizen of a group buy. (Note: I have no clue how to make that happen though.)
Old 06-24-10, 01:00 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

OTOH, maybe looking for Daizen sway bars isn't that good of an idea. There have been multiple failures of them recently.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-bar-help.html
Old 06-24-10, 09:04 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
Gone? Where did they go?

TM emailed me back last month that Daizen discontinued the sway bars but may start to manufacture them again.
I've got to say that "may" is a weak word here. There have been posts about them building new ones for at least 2 years now, but with this year being the end of the road for our cars, I think it's a dead issue.

Regarding the failures, it has only been with the rear bar. While my car still leans like a Weeble in a clover-leaf, I swear that having the Daizen front bar is a LOT better than stock. Still, it's a bummer that it's not available for others.

I just raised it up this past weekend to re-grease the poly bushings so it didn't sound like Maw & Paw gettin' it on as I went over speed bumps.