SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Need Some Direction

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-10, 05:10 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need Some Direction

My wife has an 04 SC crystal white gold/ saddle. The front passenger seat has a small tear or hole if you will in the cushion cover. It's been fixed once (has since come back) by Lexus, we didn't see it before we picked up the car, it took about a month before it got fixed because their guy is so busy. The sales manager acted like he was doing me a favor by fixing it. (It is a CPO car) Anyway I can't find a number for the front seat cushion cover to replace it, if someone would happen to know that number I could sure use it. Would also be interested if someone has a good used one. Thanks
Old 05-14-10, 06:15 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would call Sewell Lexus and tell them what you are looking for. They are
very good on giving this type of information.
Katy
Old 05-14-10, 01:15 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks Katy, I was thinking about doing that. I guess I should have gotten my SC from Thompson and not from where I did. You would think after buying three cars from the same dealer they might want to treat you a little better. If I remember correctly they put a new cushion on yours, before shipping it out.
Old 05-14-10, 02:03 PM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You could send the general manager of the dealership a polite e-mail and explain your request and your dissatisfaction with the resolution thus far... That's normally my course of action- I keep going up the ladder until I get the result I want (assuming my request is reasonable/rational of course). You really have nothing to lose other than a polite "No" from the dealer.
Old 05-14-10, 10:07 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear about your seat problem. That kind of trouble always seem to follow me at the dealer too-my car comes back and something is not exactly how it was.

Are you talking about the leather seat cover only, or the cushion underneath that something sharp has pierced a hole through?

Here are some links for both...

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...C430-2005.html
Looks like Part # 7107224400E0 would get you the leather cover only (about $1k).

If you do end up having to buy it, keep in mind Stevinson Lexus has it cheaper than Sewell: http://www.partswebsite.com/oemlexus...126&type=parts

About $100 cheaper for the leather seat cover from Stevinson. First glance looks like they are less expensive all the way around, and with the new issues found on the sewell website for our CL discounts, not sure if they will be less permanently or not.

Park Place Lexus also has a great online part store. They have it for about the same price as sewell. If you call them they can usually give you a 10% discount. Here is the link to the seats:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 05-15-10, 05:50 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks everybody for your input. I don't think the dealership is going to jump for a new seat cover. Never thought that one cover would be so much. What was I thinkin'!!! Must be my broken foot that is makin' me crazed. Not thinkin' straight, of course that's why my foot is broken, not thinkin' straight. Again thanks everyone. I'll have to rethink the fix for this, maybe some sheepshins or something. At a $1000, I'd have to go back to work. Please excuse me, I have to go wash my mouth. There goes that bad thinkin' again.
Old 05-15-10, 07:53 AM
scdroptop

Steady-

XVipers on eBay, a Lexus and Viper dismantler and reseller has GREAT parts for the SC. Many folks have bought from them before. They keep their stuff pristine and typically garaged as well. Over the past couple of years I have seen nice mirrors, bumpers, headlights/tailights, ML speakers and head units, wheels, TPMS parts, shift *****, ECU's and more. They have a great selection of seats too.

Check them out...currently they have all the saddle stuff but your part, however they have fresh inventory regularly. Unfortunately it looks like they have about all interior colors and parts except for the saddle seat covers you are looking for !!! (sorry) They are a power seller and have been doing this for a while on eBay and nearly 100% feedback. I've bought from them before.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Car-Truc...5.l1581?_pgn=3

Perhaps you can e-mail them to find out if they can get for you. FYI...looks like their pricing is about 1/3rd what you'd pay retail.
Old 05-15-10, 07:58 AM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Eddy,
I am currently in the process of changing leather covers in my LX. I have found that there are alternatives to dealers. Also, the price range is very broad and significant so it helps to research and shop around. You may want to get names of the people who dealers use to fix (and restore) the leather. There are upholstery guys out there who could change just one panel and match it with the rest of the leather This may be cheaper than getting a whole new cover.

BTW, I am getting the covers for my LX from Shane on ih8mud.com. Search under "AATLAS1X".....he may be able to point you in the right direction too.

Good luck.
Old 05-15-10, 09:05 AM
scdroptop

Also, if the hole is pierced through the cushion, you may want to have the cushion patched or filled, otherwise it may leave a small indention/bubble when pressure is applied on the leather seat cover by simply sitting on it.

Nice tip options2k on leather shops. If Steady was in Dallas, I could personally recommend a couple of shops however SC leather isn't your regular run-of-the-mill leather so I'm not comfortable recommending anything I haven't been to or used before. I had my leather done on my SC400 once but since the grain was not as nice as the SC430 it was an ok match...not as soft, but good enough. The SC430 must be full grain leather versus top grain and perhaps that's why it's so supple/soft.
Old 05-15-10, 09:39 AM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
If Steady was in Dallas, I could personally recommend a couple of shops however SC leather isn't your regular run-of-the-mill leather so I'm not comfortable recommending anything I haven't been to or used before. I had my leather done on my SC400 once but since the grain was not as nice as the SC430 it was an ok match...not as soft, but good enough. The SC430 must be full grain leather versus top grain and perhaps that's why it's so supple/soft.
Totally agree.....I would only call the guys that the Lexus dealership recommends and then only pursue those those that have worked with SC. Typically, these folks work out of their homes for the dealerships and know where to get the hides to match the leather. Like there is one in Houston, "Bob's leather care (281-450-8225)" who was recommended by Westside Lexus. Eddy, you may want to call him and ask for advice.....just need to email him a picture of the seat with the hole.

I love the leather in SC.....reminds me of the soft leather I had in my ES350 except that one was perforated with cooled seats.
Old 05-15-10, 07:06 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steady Eddy.. good luck on this one!
Regarding Thomson Lexus, they seem to be a really good dealership.
Katy
Old 05-15-10, 07:33 PM
Glock3540
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Steady-

XVipers on eBay, a Lexus and Viper dismantler and reseller has GREAT parts for the SC. Many folks have bought from them before. They keep their stuff pristine and typically garaged as well. Over the past couple of years I have seen nice mirrors, bumpers, headlights/tailights, ML speakers and head units, wheels, TPMS parts, shift *****, ECU's and more. They have a great selection of seats too.

Check them out...currently they have all the saddle stuff but your part, however they have fresh inventory regularly. Unfortunately it looks like they have about all interior colors and parts except for the saddle seat covers you are looking for !!! (sorry) They are a power seller and have been doing this for a while on eBay and nearly 100% feedback. I've bought from them before.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Car-Truc...5.l1581?_pgn=3

Perhaps you can e-mail them to find out if they can get for you. FYI...looks like their pricing is about 1/3rd what you'd pay retail.
Great Link SCDROPTOP! Thanks!