SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What year did the SC430 get it's ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 03:42 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What year did the SC430 get it's ?

Do you guys know what year the SC430 got its 6spd auto tranny. I want to know the earliest year to current. I was at the dealership yesterday & i p/u the brochure for the SC & it said the 2010 had a 6spd auto tranny. Im wanting to know if its possible to make it work in my 98 SC430 1.3UZFE.
Old 05-19-10, 03:46 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2006..... if only you searched
Old 05-19-10, 04:26 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, it started in 06. I have a 2005 and I am 98% sure it's a 5-speed tranny. Liking the F-sport wheels on your SC! I was thinking about getting them too, but I went with Lexus ISP Mode wheels...for now! haha (on my 4th set of wheels)
Old 05-19-10, 04:42 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
2006..... if only you searched
well i didnt. until i saw your REPLY. The only thing it brought up was THIS thread & a GS460 thread that didnt have anything to do with a 6spd auto out of a sc430. & i tried wording it 2 different ways. But thanks for the answer anyway bro.
Old 05-19-10, 04:45 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
Yea, it started in 06. I have a 2005 and I am 98% sure it's a 5-speed tranny. Liking the F-sport wheels on your SC! I was thinking about getting them too, but I went with Lexus ISP Mode wheels...for now! haha (on my 4th set of wheels)
Thanks for your reply also. Thanks for the wheel comment too. Ahh its the wheel fever. Im on my 2nd.
Old 05-19-10, 06:36 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
2006..... if only you searched... TO ALL THE NOOBS- STOP MAKING THREADS AND START USING THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!
I don't mind it when threads are created on topics already discussed. There's not much activitiy on the SC430 forum anyway. So it's not as if a thread you were reading one day is suddenly moved ten pages so that you have to waste your time looking for it the next day to see if it got any replies.
Reopening old discussions also can spark new interest and interest for other newbies. It would be pretty boring here if we never reopened old topics. (although I am bored of hearing about runstop tires...except when I asked about it 2 years ago! )
And besides, sometimes the thread is asking for a slightly different question, the person might not have the time to sift through and read an hour or so of search results for a post that may answer his/her specific question. And sometimes, the search doesn't even result with anything usefull.
If someone doesn't want to read a thread about a topic that was already discussed - then no one is forcing you to read it!

With that said, what DOES irk me is when the Title of the thread gives the reader absolutely NO idea what it is about!
How do I know if I Want to read it? Well, this board allows us to hover our cursor over the title to get the 1st post text preview to display. But I don't want to hover over every thread -I just want to quicky roll my eyes up and down to see what is interesting to read (and then quickly leave the forum before my boss catches me! JK ).

The other day, I saw a thread titled: "SC430". WTF??? OK, so couldn't that be the title of EVERY post in the forum section, right? Of course right.
What if every thread in this forum section was titled "SC430" - then how would we find the thread we wanted to keep track of?
"Hey Pete, what thread had those instructions on how to replace the stock subwooofer?."
"The one called 'SC430'"
"I'm looking at it right now and nothing is in it except talk about runflat tires"
"Oh, my bad, try the one titled 'SC430'"

Why not just title every thread in this entire site to: "Lexus"?

I also can't stand when someone posts a title: "A question" or "What would you suggest/do/buy/prefer?" or "Please HELP!" Why won't YOu, Help ME, to help YOu, by using a descriptive title!

Some forums actually have it in their sticky guideline to use a descriptive title otherwise their entire thread will be removed.

Even more off topic now, but I also cannot stand it when people do no use punctuation in their post that can be very difficult to read when will they ever learn how hard is it to place a period ever so often
I bought tires for my car that got totalled at Tire Center to be $800 ( $200 each each tire totalled to $800 or did I total my car in an accident? WTF? If you're smart enough to pass a driver test and get a job where you can afford an SC430, use punctuation!!!

I'm tool lazy to proof read my post
Old 05-19-10, 07:04 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
I don't mind it when threads are created on topics already discussed. There's not much activitiy on the SC430 forum anyway. So it's not as if a thread you were reading one day is suddenly moved ten pages so that you have to waste your time looking for it the next day to see if it got any replies.
Reopening old discussions also can spark new interest and interest for other newbies. It would be pretty boring here if we never reopened old topics. (although I am bored of hearing about runstop tires...except when I asked about it 2 years ago! )
And besides, sometimes the thread is asking for a slightly different question, the person might not have the time to sift through and read an hour or so of search results for a post that may answer his/her specific question. And sometimes, the search doesn't even result with anything usefull.
If someone doesn't want to read a thread about a topic that was already discussed - then no one is forcing you to read it!

With that said, what DOES irk me is when the Title of the thread gives the reader absolutely NO idea what it is about!
How do I know if I Want to read it? Well, this board allows us to hover our cursor over the title to get the 1st post text preview to display. But I don't want to hover over every thread -I just want to quicky roll my eyes up and down to see what is interesting to read (and then quickly leave the forum before my boss catches me! JK ).

The other day, I saw a thread titled: "SC430". WTF??? OK, so couldn't that be the title of EVERY post in the forum section, right? Of course right.
What if every thread in this forum section was titled "SC430" - then how would we find the thread we wanted to keep track of?
"Hey Pete, what thread had those instructions on how to replace the stock subwooofer?."
"The one called 'SC430'"
"I'm looking at it right now and nothing is in it except talk about runflat tires"
"Oh, my bad, try the one titled 'SC430'"

Why not just title every thread in this entire site to: "Lexus"?

I also can't stand when someone posts a title: "A question" or "What would you suggest/do/buy/prefer?" or "Please HELP!" Why won't YOu, Help ME, to help YOu, by using a descriptive title!

Some forums actually have it in their sticky guideline to use a descriptive title otherwise their entire thread will be removed.

Even more off topic now, but I also cannot stand it when people do no use punctuation in their post that can be very difficult to read when will they ever learn how hard is it to place a period ever so often
I bought tires for my car that got totalled at Tire Center to be $800 ( $200 each each tire totalled to $800 or did I total my car in an accident? WTF? If you're smart enough to pass a driver test and get a job where you can afford an SC430, use punctuation!!!

I'm tool lazy to proof read my post
lol.. Very well said Peter_Klim. Good stuff.
Old 05-20-10, 03:57 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great post Peter !
Old 05-20-10, 07:25 AM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Peter,

+1 on that post.

I have found, on this forum & others that I go to, that the ole SEARCH function just is not of much help. YMMV.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Just a little OT but I just did the mod to allow my 1/4 windows to go down with the top up. Woo-Hoo, do I like that look.
Old 05-20-10, 07:31 AM
tfischer

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

I agree also. This heading is a good example. Since "it's" is a contraction, not a pronoun, the heading reads "What year did the SC430 get it is?"
Besides being sub-literate, it's no more help than those that read: "Can you help me with this?" or "Big problem for me."
Does no one care anymore?
Old 05-20-10, 07:52 AM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Totally agree with Peter_Klim's post!

Originally Posted by tfischer
I agree also. This heading is a good example. Since "it's" is a contraction, not a pronoun, the heading reads "What year did the SC430 get it is?"
Besides being sub-literate, it's no more help than those that read: "Can you help me with this?" or "Big problem for me."
I think some people try to be cute, and try to sucker you into reading their thread by typing a nondescript title. Not only is this disingenuous, but it significantly hinders the search function for many like me who only obtain meaningful search results when searching 'titles only'.
Old 05-20-10, 08:12 AM
tfischer

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

"disingenuous . . ."
Now we are getting up to the old level of discourse.
Excellent!
Old 05-20-10, 09:45 PM
HVisone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryB
Hi Peter,

+1 on that post.

I have found, on this forum & others that I go to, that the ole SEARCH function just is not of much help. YMMV.

:
Originally Posted by tfischer
besides being sub-literate I also have a difficult time with the so called search function.....
Old 05-22-10, 10:22 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Preach Pastor Peter, PREACH!!!! AMEN