SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

02 Sc430 VSC ON and OFF Lights no Code!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 09:07 AM
2003SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I understand there are many situations that can cause the VSC and VSC OFF lights to come on (tire installation, suspension work, etc...) because the VSC is very sensitive to any changes and require calibration thereafter. I use the following procedures posted by ALEX and was able to get rid off the CHECK ENGINE, VSC, and VSC OFF.
-------
Zero Point Calibration Using SST 09843–18040 is ...the jump wire, any piece of wire you may find
The following procedure may be used in the cases where a Diagnostic Tester is
not available.
NOTE:
While performing the Zero Point Calibration, do not tilt, move or shake the vehicle.
The vehicle must remain in a stationary condition throughout the entire process.
Be sure to perform the procedure on a level surface with an inclination of less than 1%.

1. Ensure the shift lever is in the “P” range.

2. Turn the ignition switch ON.

3. Using SST 09843–18040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds (refer to the specific vehicle EWD for TS and CG pin location in the DLC3).

4. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.

5. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

6. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.

7. Turn the ignition switch ON.

8. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.

9. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Connect terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 09843–18040.

11. Turn the ignition switch ON.

12. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about 4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at 0.13 second intervals.

13. After ensuring the blinking of the VSC warning light for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

14. Remove the SST from terminals Ts and CG of DLC3.

15. Drive the vehicle for at least 5 minutes to confirm Zero Point Calibration is complete.
Old 08-25-15, 07:52 PM
hkusuma
Driver School Candidate

Talking My solution to vsc & engine warning lights

Disconnect Battery Negative for 10-20 seconds, reconnect to reset Computer. All warning lights should work normally if it is a computer glitch. Mine works like a charm after I did it.
Old 08-27-15, 09:07 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Get your tool made and follow this:

The problem is solved by putting a jumper on 2 pins in the OBD-II connector under the dash. I think a lot of owners have this problem especially after being scanned for code. Some scanners are not built the same-- that seems to be the explanation. Anyhow, here it is, with a little bit of modification as it suits the SC430.

1. Turn off ignition.
2. Look for the OBD-II connector under the dash, it has a black plastic cover which can be pulled out.
3. Using a 4-inch wire, insert ends on two pins (holes) of the OBD-II connector. Which ones? The connector has two rows of holes with pins inside. The connector's shape is basically rectangle but there's a little wedge shape to it. Like this:

______
/---------\
/-----------\

(see picture below)

I will call the narrower side of the connector the top row, and the wider side to be the lower row. Jump the following pins:
a) on the top row, counting from the left, where the first pin is 1, insert on pin number 3
b) on the bottom row, counting from the left, insert on pin
number 5.

4. Turn ON the ignition, do not start.
5. VSC and Check Engine lights turn ON. That's normal.
6. Wait for the VSC light to rapidly flash.
7. Turn OFF ignition.
8. Pull jumper wire out, cover the OBD-II connector.
9. Turn ignition ON, don't start, wait about 15 seconds to make sure everything has initialized.
10. Start car. Test drive. You've just saved yourself couple of thousand dollars.
Old 10-01-15, 03:58 PM
HIDsightz
Rookie

simple fix if the car has been lifted in any way the traction light n tire light willl automaticaly come on after driving it for some miles it will go off
Old 10-01-15, 07:27 PM
hkusuma
Driver School Candidate

Default My solution to vsc & engine warning lights

Apparently, the VSC's & Engine Lights re-appear after driving.
I bought OBD2 Bluetooth and got a reading of Bank 1 Sensor 1 is bad.
I bought & replace / install it ... tips: buy the Oxygen sensor removal tool, very difficult to remove without it since it is hidden and little space to move your tool.
After installation, I reset it with the OBD2 reader.
Engine Light disappear but VSC's still On.
I did the jumper things described above and now it is fixed, no more VSC's lights.

I bought the sensor from ebay @ around $55, by DENSO and exact replacement. The removal ratched is another $16 by EWK, well made tool, highly recommended.
Old 10-01-15, 08:53 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by HIDsightz
simple fix if the car has been lifted in any way the traction light n tire light willl automaticaly come on after driving it for some miles it will go off
I've had my car on lift plenty of times, including today for my Supra TT BBK, and did not get any light even after driving about 40 miles. So not totally sure about this statement. There's a whole dedicated thread to this situation which explains the problem in much more detail... as well as a solution using a jumper method on the ODBII.
Old 09-22-19, 01:59 PM
TnRvrGal
Driver School Candidate

I have been where you are! The first code detector did not pick up the info to confirm that the steering synchronization was
the problem.

Go back and ask specifically to have that checked....it was the problem on my vehicle. The repairman 'relearned' the synchronization
program, fixed my car in 5 minutes flat.

If you have a Christian Brothers franchisee group near you, they will be able to do the 'fix' for you.
Old 10-10-19, 01:12 PM
Alterious
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by mandyfig

The problem is solved by putting a jumper on 2 pins in the OBD-II connector under the dash. I think a lot of owners have this problem especially after being scanned for code. Some scanners are not built the same-- that seems to be the explanation. Anyhow, here it is, with a little bit of modification as it suits the SC430.

1. Turn off ignition.
2. Look for the OBD-II connector under the dash, it has a black plastic cover which can be pulled out.
3. Using a 4-inch wire, insert ends on two pins (holes) of the OBD-II connector. Which ones? The connector has two rows of holes with pins inside. The connector's shape is basically rectangle but there's a little wedge shape to it. Like this:

______
/---------\
/-----------\

(see picture below)

I will call the narrower side of the connector the top row, and the wider side to be the lower row. Jump the following pins:
a) on the top row, counting from the left, where the first pin is 1, insert on pin number 3
number 5.

7. Turn OFF ignition.
9. Turn ignition ON, don't start, wait about 15 seconds to make sure everything has initialized.
10. Start car. Test drive. You've just saved yourself couple of thousand dollars.

I can't thank you enough! Just used this method yesterday to get rid of my persistent vsc light.
Old 11-26-21, 06:32 PM
DPlainview
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

outstanding help, thanks so much. the links included led me to the actual Service Bulletin outlining the Zero Point Calibration procedure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Zero Point Calibration (1).pdf (95.5 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by DPlainview; 11-26-21 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-19-22, 03:07 PM
ddreimer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mandyfig

1. Turn off ignition.

______
/---------\
/-----------\

(see picture below)

number 5.

7. Turn OFF ignition.

I had to create an account just to comment on this. I had my sc430 in the Lexus dealer, they reset the warning. As soon as I drive off the lights come on.
Followed the above steps and fixed. At least appears so.

Thanks very much
The following users liked this post:
Bgw70 (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 04:09 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by ddreimer
I had to create an account just to comment on this. I had my sc430 in the Lexus dealer, they reset the warning. As soon as I drive off the lights come on.
Followed the above steps and fixed. At least appears so.

Thanks very much
many of us have experienced what you experienced at the dealer…it’s amazing the dealer didn’t really understand how to perform the zero point calibration procedure.
perhaps you may want to consider a different dealer next time ;-)

Last edited by Bgw70; 04-21-22 at 04:50 AM.
Wilson2000 (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 01:59 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 480 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
...perhaps you may want to consider a different dealer next time ;-)
Always the diplomat BGW...loving it!
Bgw70 (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 07:05 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Always the diplomat BGW...loving it!
i have my moments ;-)
then again…
The following 2 users liked this post by Bgw70: