Originally Posted by redliner8
btw, I like the new user name haha
Lol, thanks. Had to change it!
Old 05-11-11, 05:26 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by i2fat
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone have sound clips of stock resonator and muffler deleted? I took my resonators out and it sounds pretty good, but I want it a bit louder. Just wanted to see if t would sound good with both out.
I don't have a clip but I tired it on my own car, I removed both the resonators and the muffler, so driving with the 3 stock cats only. It sounds horrible, the sounds is really rough and harsh, sounds like a really old car that the muffler fell off.

I tried it with only the resonators deleted, it was a hair louder but not enough.

Now I am running with just the muffler deleted, so resonators only........I think it sounds just about perfect, a lot louder then with just the resonators deleted, but it is not annoying. Most importantly, the sounds is very smooth.

My co-worker had a E90 M3 with the V8, my car is louder then a stock V8 M3 now, and the tone of the sound is very similar.

I was following a brand new Maserati Granturismo S, it got the same exhaust tone also. But the Maserati was louder, I can't tell if it got the stock exhaust, the car was unsold brand new on a test drive, it looks bone stock, but the dealer could have installed a louder exhaust on it, I would not know. It was louder then I expected, similar volume to a F430 Scuderia.
Old 05-11-11, 05:49 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I don't have a clip but I tired it on my own car, I removed both the resonators and the muffler, so driving with the 3 stock cats only. It sounds horrible, the sounds is really rough and harsh, sounds like a really old car that the muffler fell off.

I tried it with only the resonators deleted, it was a hair louder but not enough.

Now I am running with just the muffler deleted, so resonators only........I think it sounds just about perfect, a lot louder then with just the resonators deleted, but it is not annoying. Most importantly, the sounds is very smooth.

My co-worker had a E90 M3 with the V8, my car is louder then a stock V8 M3 now, and the tone of the sound is very similar.

I was following a brand new Maserati Granturismo S, it got the same exhaust tone also. But the Maserati was louder, I can't tell if it got the stock exhaust, the car was unsold brand new on a test drive, it looks bone stock, but the dealer could have installed a louder exhaust on it, I would not know. It was louder then I expected, similar volume to a F430 Scuderia.
Thank you!

I will weld my resonators back on and delete the mufflers!
Old 05-11-11, 06:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by i2fat
Thank you!

I will weld my resonators back on and delete the mufflers!
you are welcome

I think running the resonators alone sounds pretty much the same as all the aftermarket cat back exhaust.
Old 05-11-11, 10:20 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You hit it right on the head, I was just a little too lazy to type it all up

I have done every kind of exhaust mod and agree with everything said.

Originally Posted by BNR34

Old 05-12-11, 09:03 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
You hit it right on the head, I was just a little too lazy to type it all up

I have done every kind of exhaust mod and agree with everything said.
Thank you for the concurrence

I also like to thank you for all of your posts and clips, you really helped me on decided on deleting my muffler
Old 05-12-11, 03:08 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

with the muffler delete do you think its louder then blitz or just about the same? seems louder then blitz. anyone ever thought of just removing ONE resonator?

to the OP.. in the videos did you have an intake??

Last edited by Pnuge88; 05-12-11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 11:46 PM
MrSC43
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monday I was in Berkeley, CA and saw a black Audi S5 sounding bad *** to da bone. Even my wife took a double take. Now after reading all your post I'm going to remove my muffler and add new tips. Thanks for all the great insight...clips coming soon.
Old 08-15-12, 09:18 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i removed our muffler, a shop is custom bending some straight pipe that will be attached the the exhaust system and still use the oem chrome exhaust tips. Looks OEM and sounds the way it should have sounded from the factory.
Old 08-17-12, 08:54 PM
taisho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, this thread helped me with my custom exhaust. your car sounds beeeast!