SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

About to buy American Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-10, 05:04 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, my reason for buying the Lexus would be simply b/c I will never consider a GM now that Obama has has so much influence on the company lately. But, I'm sure that is not a valid reason for many on here. I vote stick with Lexus!
Old 07-30-10, 10:54 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Closed the deal not sure how I did, but really happy with the car. They took 39k but I had to buy the GM 6/100 warranty. When signing the papers they tacked on a $750. Dealer fee which they say everyone pays ( I never do) but did. The real killer is the tax. I have not bought without a trade in a while.
Old 07-30-10, 11:43 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Pics, please. Both top-up and top-down.

Old 07-30-10, 01:05 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Habious
Pics, please. Both top-up and top-down.

Well, learned a lot from your posts, so how can I say no. Here it is top up and down

Old 07-30-10, 01:19 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck with your new car, looks great and fast. Have fun keeping it lookin' that way. I'm goin' to leave this site and go look and see if they have any sport wagons close by. You going to look for any hidden storage areas?
Old 07-30-10, 04:17 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car - congratulations.
And a super deal to boot - I'd pay $39k in a heartbeat for the same year and mileage.
Old 07-30-10, 05:26 PM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, That is indeed nice. Way too many ways to get in trouble with all that power. Congrats, Lucky B - Not the car.
Old 07-31-10, 08:22 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never realized how nice that V looks with the top down.... beauty!
Old 07-31-10, 08:49 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
I got an offer to buy a CTS-V 09 with 14k miles for 43, Dark Gray with black interior. I can get a low mile ISF for about the same. I much prefer the Caddy in the looks department performance is very close. Is there any compelling reason to look harder at the Lexus? I am keeping our LS & SC this next car will be my daily driver.
I never cared for GM.

On the other hand i had the opportunity to try an ISF at Limerock on both the Autocross and Main Tracks. It was a blast. Nice balance, gobs of power and very comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIp142-8MWo
Old 07-31-10, 11:37 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EJC
I never cared for GM.

On the other hand i had the opportunity to try an ISF at Limerock on both the Autocross and Main Tracks. It was a blast. Nice balance, gobs of power and very comfortable.
I'm sure you had fun! But, the video looks kinda boring. You could easily pump it up with adrenaline by editing in some fast fist pumping music!! Try LRB - the Little River Band.

Last edited by Peter_Klim; 07-31-10 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 11:38 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Well, learned a lot from your posts, so how can I say no. Here it is top up and down

Looking Sweet!! Congrats!!
Old 07-31-10, 01:27 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the kind words.

The only cars that made my list (cars I could afford) were the G8, SHO, CTSV, and ISF. Since status is still important to me I was with just two.

I figured the Lexus was more reliable, and felt the Caddy was the looker, but this post took the Lexus out of consideration.

Originally Posted by BNR34
Performance is very close?

0.8 second going 110 mph is like the length of a city block, the V is a few leagues higher performance wise.

09' CTS-V:
Supercharged 6.2L V8
556 hp @ 6,100 rpm
551 lb-ft @ 3,800 rpm
0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.4 secs @ 115 mph
60 mph - 0: 104 feet

09' IS-F
Naturally aspirated 5.0L V8
416 hp @ 6,600 rpm
371 lb-ft@ 5,200 rpm
0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.2 secs @ 109 mph
60 mph - 0: 112 feet
The difference between the CTS and ISF, is the same as the difference between my SC430 and the ISF. Figured buy the car that looks great, drives smoother, actually fits the family, and is beyond my ever wanting to mod it.

Originally Posted by EJC
I never cared for GM.

I hear you on GM. I have never had a good experience with one of their cars. It has kept me away for 25 years. It does feel good to buy American though, losing Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Chrysler, Saturn, and Hummer breaks my heart.
Old 07-31-10, 05:01 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Closed the deal not sure how I did, but really happy with the car. They took 39k but I had to buy the GM 6/100 warranty. When signing the papers they tacked on a $750. Dealer fee which they say everyone pays ( I never do) but did. The real killer is the tax. I have not bought without a trade in a while.
Wow, I am surprised, $39k is so low, good for you, enjoy it
Old 07-31-10, 05:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EJC
I never cared for GM.

I never cared for GM either and I am the biggest Lexus fan. But if reliability and dealer services is put aside, the CTS-V is way nicer and way more car then the IS-F, it is not even a comparison, they are in different class and league.

The CTS-V is in the same level as a GS-F, if Lexus ever make one.
Old 07-31-10, 05:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for all the kind words.

The only cars that made my list (cars I could afford) were the G8, SHO, CTSV, and ISF. Since status is still important to me I was with just two.

I figured the Lexus was more reliable, and felt the Caddy was the looker, but this post took the Lexus out of consideration.
The CTS-V is the best car by far out of that list, you made the right choice

The difference between the CTS and ISF, is the same as the difference between my SC430 and the ISF. Figured buy the car that looks great, drives smoother, actually fits the family, and is beyond my ever wanting to mod it.

I hear you on GM. I have never had a good experience with one of their cars. It has kept me away for 25 years. It does feel good to buy American though, losing Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Chrysler, Saturn, and Hummer breaks my heart.
I test drove a CTS-V before, it was shockingly nice, I didn't expect that at all. I don't have one because it doesn't fit my current needs. But it is definitely a car I have a lot of respect for. Every aspects of the car is beautiful, the suspension is amazing, obviously the power is way more then enough, everything is so smooth. The only thing I am not totally happy with was the front seats, the Recaro is too hard and the regular seat have too little support, but is not a deal breaker.

Now call up Hennessey or Callaway for a few simply mods to bring it up to 700 hp! Power is never enough.....haha....just kidding

Quick Reply: About to buy American Opinions?