SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

The Ultimate SC430 Cruising Music-My Top 5 Pics...What Are Yours?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 12:58 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default The Ultimate SC430 Cruising Music-My Top 5 Pics...What Are Yours?

Just to cruise, a date night or just want to relax with the top down at night these are my favorite SC430 songs...what are yours?

I chose some of these songs due to how they actually sound in the car with the top down and especially at night...especially with my wife.

1) Sailing-Cristopher Cross
2) Anytime-Brian McKnight
3) Home-Kenny G
4) Don't Disturb This Groove-The System
5) After All-Al Jarreau

I favor R&B, Jazz and 80's...maybe I'm showing my age! Gotta have my hip hop during the day. For those of you with iPods in the SC, Pandora is awesome...I've got hundreds of stations on there!
Old 08-01-10, 04:33 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, our very limited Mark Levinson system rules out a lot of music which would otherwise sound great with the top down. Since most of us have to stay within the confines of our ML system (not much bass), I've found that just about any kind of instrumental music sounds good on our system, particularly jazz. But even instrumental jazz is limited if it contains much bass.

I won't name any specific songs, but jazz artists like Joe Sample, Stanley Turrentine and Miles Davis sounded good in my car the other day. I can only take so much jazz, however. And for some reason, I've noticed that the Eagles sound decent in our cars. When dealing with limited bass abilities, I think the mixing of the song becomes very important.

Our cars do a poor job with a lot of the older rock from the 60's and 70's. I frequently find myself wanting to turn it up and listen to it at a volume I did back then. But that's just not possible without busting a speaker. Good thing I'm not a rap fan.
Old 08-01-10, 09:33 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
Unfortunately, our very limited Mark Levinson system rules out a lot of music which would otherwise sound great with the top down. Since most of us have to stay within the confines of our ML system (not much bass), I've found that just about any kind of instrumental music sounds good on our system, particularly jazz. But even instrumental jazz is limited if it contains much bass.

I won't name any specific songs, but jazz artists like Joe Sample, Stanley Turrentine and Miles Davis sounded good in my car the other day. I can only take so much jazz, however. And for some reason, I've noticed that the Eagles sound decent in our cars. When dealing with limited bass abilities, I think the mixing of the song becomes very important.

Our cars do a poor job with a lot of the older rock from the 60's and 70's. I frequently find myself wanting to turn it up and listen to it at a volume I did back then. But that's just not possible without busting a speaker. Good thing I'm not a rap fan.

Thank GOD I finally replaced tha Mark Levinson stereo! Finally today I got to use my Allpine head unit and amp and direct hook up to my iPod. If my ears were younger, I'd rather drive a car costing half the price of the SC430 if it had my new system than the SC430 with the Mark Levinso...

Any way, my list goes something like this:

1. Sting's "Ten Summoner's Tales" - there is one song that has sound so freakin awesome with slow bass notes and sax playing called: "It's probably Me". I remeber driving through Manhatten one night and I hear him sing: "you search the city, for your only friend" and you see the city skyline all lit up. Cranked up you could see, hear, and feel the energy of NYC!

2. Asia's 1st album. Especially "Time Again" and "Wildest Dreams" -incredible drum solos!

3. Various songs by Information Socoiety, Chemical Brothers, TKA and other dance/freestyle songs that I hardly every listen to at home, but good for up-beat cruising tunes.

4. Too many to list -70s/80s Rock - Zeepelin, Boston, U2 (my fave), Journey, Van Hallen, Lover Boy, Def Leppard, Billy Joel

5. Zebra (anyone know them??)