SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Seat Memory buttons stopped working?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 08:14 AM
TxPhantom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toxic
Sitting in the seat would require a driver with the equivalent size of a hobbit.TOXIC
LMFAO

Ok, well I meant like say if you were on a road trip and your passenger wanted to recline the seat back to an almost flat position take a nap...
Old 03-23-12, 11:44 AM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

Default It works for gs models as well

I have a 2001 gs430 and this trick worked to perfection, thanks man!!
Old 10-25-12, 07:22 PM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it should be mentioned that you may have to disconnect the battery for at least 3 minutes, then reconnect battery. After battery is reconnected, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position. Then, move driver seat to the most forward position and you hear a beep, then move driver seat back to the most forward position and hear a beep. Do the same thing to the passenger side seat. Now you can program the seats to be in your preferred position.

I tried the above without disconnecting the battery and it did not work. Then I tried it by disconnecting the battery and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all who have posted on the topic, it gave me the nudge I needed to find a solution to my "broken seat memory" issues.
Old 01-01-13, 08:36 PM
Topless3
Driver School Candidate

Default Seat memory prob. Solved

Recently purchased a 2004 sc430 and only found 1 problem with it. The seat mem. Button dead. Thanks to your forum, only problem is now solved. I love my new Lexus and love the forum. Thanks
Old 01-01-13, 08:56 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 211 Likes on 103 Posts

Congrats on the SC430 purchase! I bought a 2004 last summer, and it wasn't as trouble free as yours but with the info found in this forum almost all the bugs are corrected. They are great cars.
Old 01-02-13, 12:31 PM
Juli
Rookie

The battery was changed in my SC on Monday and thanks to this thread I was able to fix my seats. I followed the directions on page 1 but it didn't work so I had to look in the manual. It said to move seat forward until you hear beep, then recline it forward until you hear beep. Then you can set it how you want it and press SET and Seat button. I've only had my car for 6 months and the passenger side never worked. It does now!
Old 01-17-13, 01:37 PM
cnbg
Driver School Candidate

I recently bought a 2006 sc430 and am so thankful for this forum. You have saved me from having to return to the dealer! Thank you very much! I love this car!
Old 07-12-13, 09:39 AM
bjhille
Rookie

I have a 2006 sc430 and have been having problems with the drivers memory seat although the passenger one works fine.

I have disconnected my batter for 5 minutes, moved the passenger seat all the way forward, heard the beep. Moved the reclining part all the way forward until I heard the beep, and the memory seat for the passenger works great.

I moved the drivers seat all the way forward, heard the beep. Moved the reclining part all the way forward until I heard the beep, but the memory seat won't beep (when you hold set and a number). I even replaced my drivers mirror (didn't tilt down due to bad motor), but that didn't help.

I should also add that this is the exact procedure my owner's manual says I should do.

Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Last edited by bjhille; 07-12-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 12-03-13, 07:58 AM
davensd
Rookie

Default Problem solved with ES300

same procedure as dictated above but no obvious 'beep' at the most forward positions.

davensd
Old 11-13-15, 01:53 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

No one seems to have the answer this one:
I have a Lexus '95 SC400. I can set the seat memory and it works right after it is set. Even if I turn off the car right after setting it. But if I turn off the car for more than a few minutes, the memory loses the settings. Does anyone know what's going on?

MadlyMad
Old 11-13-15, 03:47 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 881 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by MadlyMad
No one seems to have the answer this one:
I have a Lexus '95 SC400. I can set the seat memory and it works right after it is set. Even if I turn off the car right after setting it. But if I turn off the car for more than a few minutes, the memory loses the settings. Does anyone know what's going on?

MadlyMad
I have an SC430 and not sure how many similarities there are between the cars.

Do you have shop manuals?

They might provide a procedure to test these ECUs. They may also provide information on where the memory is stored.

Does your owners manual provide the instructions to set your seat memory?
Old 11-14-15, 07:24 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I have an SC430 and not sure how many similarities there are between the cars.

Do you have shop manuals?

They might provide a procedure to test these ECUs. They may also provide information on where the memory is stored.

Does your owners manual provide the instructions to set your seat memory?
Memory ECU are inside the doors.
Old 11-14-15, 02:12 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, Bgw70, for responding. I have the original owner's manual. I don't think the manual has what you stated: "They might provide a procedure to test these ECUs. They may also provide information on where the memory is stored." It does give instructions on how to set the seat memory and they are strictly followed. And the result is that the seat memory works but soon - within minutes - loses that memory when the car is shut off. Do you know where I can get shop manuals for my '95 SC400?
Old 11-14-15, 02:33 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 881 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by MadlyMad
Thank you, Bgw70, for responding. I have the original owner's manual. I don't think the manual has what you stated: "They might provide a procedure to test these ECUs. They may also provide information on where the memory is stored." It does give instructions on how to set the seat memory and they are strictly followed. And the result is that the seat memory works but soon - within minutes - loses that memory when the car is shut off. Do you know where I can get shop manuals for my '95 SC400?
This would be a good place to start...send the sellers emails and make offers...trust me, there are so many forsale and someone will take your offer or they will negotiate.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...anual&_sacat=0
Old 11-14-15, 05:25 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 411 Likes on 360 Posts

You might be able to find them on-line also. Try this link:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...nual-search.do

Quick Reply: Seat Memory buttons stopped working?!