SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Seat Memory buttons stopped working?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 12:36 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Sounds like there is some type of battery in the ECUs that have lost their ability to charge. Do both sides have this problem?
Old 11-15-15, 03:09 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, Harold57, tried that link. Doesn't go back to '95.
Old 11-15-15, 03:14 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

Retroplay, I only a driver's side memory seat control in my '95 SC400.
Old 11-15-15, 08:36 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 411 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by MadlyMad
Thank you, Harold57, tried that link. Doesn't go back to '95.
Are you sure that you clicked on the SC400? When I did that, it had all of them, the 1995 included. Try this link.

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...1995&x=47&y=11
Old 11-16-15, 07:01 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

I did print out the Electrical one, Harold57. It's the only one that looks relevant to my problem. I'll bring it to my guy and see if it helps. Thank you.
MadlyMad
Old 01-04-16, 07:12 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried following the steps in page one but no success. Disconnected the battery for more than 5m, reconnected, turned ignition on, moved seat forward all the way (no beep), moved seat back forward all the way (no beep), moved seat backward, seat back backward, set memory (no beep). I think maybe the seat memory ECU is not working since nothing beeped as it should. Anyone has any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-04-16, 07:44 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
I tried following the steps in page one but no success. Disconnected the battery for more than 5m, reconnected, turned ignition on, moved seat forward all the way (no beep), moved seat back forward all the way (no beep), moved seat backward, seat back backward, set memory (no beep). I think maybe the seat memory ECU is not working since nothing beeped as it should. Anyone has any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
You also have to be in PARK to set the seat memory. Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 01-05-16, 03:03 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
You also have to be in PARK to set the seat memory. Just thought I'd mention that.
Of course I was in "Park" when doing that. What else could I be in when disconnecting, reconnecting the battery?
Old 01-05-16, 04:27 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry, didn't mean to state the obvious. Honestly, I wasn't considering anything with the battery connected/disconnected. I just threw something I've zoned out on before. I have tried to set the seat memory or adjust the mirror while parked momentary at a stop light and of course I won't get any confirmation beep. I thought that might be part of your issue. My b.

You can always remove the seat and check all the wire harnesses under it. Pretty quick and easy. I posted a DIY on the thread about changing the seat belt receivers to white LEDs.

Additionally, My1998LS40, I've connected and disconnected the battery in Neutral this past weekend. Allowed me to push the car forward and backward to move it around the garage while my seats where out of the car (to avoid airbag deployment).. Just making a point.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 01-05-16 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-05-16, 04:32 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Sorry, didn't mean to state the obvious. Honestly, I wasn't considering anything with the battery connected/disconnected. I just threw something I've zoned out on before. I have tried to set the seat memory or adjust the mirror while parked momentary at a stop light and of course I won't get any confirmation beep. I thought that might be part of your issue. My b.

You can always remove the seat and check all the wire harnesses under it. Pretty quick and easy. I posted a DIY on the thread about changing the seat belt receivers to white LEDs.
Shawn I've done that stop at a stop sign and try to use the presets. Have to pull off put it in park. Sometimes the simplest things are overlooked.
Old 01-05-16, 07:50 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 881 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
I believe I read a TSB that said this procedure only worked on the 2005 SC430 and newer.
Old 01-11-16, 03:36 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I believe I read a TSB that said this procedure only worked on the 2005 SC430 and newer.
You might be right. Looking back and all the people that confirmed it worked were for 2005 and up except one person with a 2001. The ones with 2002's never did confirm if it work for them, specially the OP.

ShawnOK: I'm sorry but I didn't mean anything harsh, just overlooked the situation and didn't consider special occasions. But, if the seats still are still moving as they should, I don't think it's a wiring problem. Not at least at the seats. I've been trying to move it all different ways to see if it would beep and it never did. Searched but didn't found any different solution. Maybe I'll check the ECU in the door when I pop it open to replace speakers.
Old 10-05-16, 10:24 PM
dallas7500
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default thank you, worked perfectly

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Make sure you are in park with ignition ON. Assuming you are....

This sounds like the problem which occurs after power has been disconnected. The seats have to be "re-taught" their limits before the memory will work.

You should check your manual because I think different years have different procedures. Here's a couple posts from another thread:

What you have to do is move the seat back all the way forward using the power seat back switch until you hear a beep , then move the seat cushion back the entire way again using the power seat control, next move the seat cushion all the way forward using the power control. You can now put the seat in the position you desire and push set and #1.

1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seat all the way back.
3. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
4. Move the seat back angle switch all the way reclined.
5. Set the memory now.
i had installed a new battery....before this post, I was left to wonder in bewildered puzzlement as to what happened.
Old 10-22-16, 04:42 PM
tmakogon
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I found that driver seat memory buttons also respond when I have car in park, keys not inserted, and door open. Seat moves to pre-programmed positions once. It's an '05.
Old 01-26-17, 07:30 PM
amitmunjal
Driver School Candidate

Default RX450h- 2012 model- Australia- Dead Memory seat button

HI

I have tried this (below option) on my 2012 model RX 450H-- Australia, as the Driver side seat memory button is dead (the passenger side works fine)

No beeps when I moved seat to the 4 extreme positions. I have also checked

3 fuses that power this circuit:- 1- 30A POWER fuse, 2-10A DOME fuse, 3- 15A ECU-IG fuse. All good.

I bought this off a dealer (in a different city), second owner, about a year ago and never bothered with this feature until now. Don't know if battery was disconnected or not, but also thinking if disconnection of battery will reset other features like power windows etc as read in some other forums)

Any advancements sine last post on how to fix this issue.

Regards
tim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Make sure you are in park with ignition ON. Assuming you are....

This sounds like the problem which occurs after power has been disconnected. The seats have to be "re-taught" their limits before the memory will work.

You should check your manual because I think different years have different procedures. Here's a couple posts from another thread:

What you have to do is move the seat back all the way forward using the power seat back switch until you hear a beep , then move the seat cushion back the entire way again using the power seat control, next move the seat cushion all the way forward using the power control. You can now put the seat in the position you desire and push set and #1.

1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seat all the way back.
3. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
4. Move the seat back angle switch all the way reclined.
5. Set the memory now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply: Seat Memory buttons stopped working?!