SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Parts from other Lexus or Toyota can fit in our SC430(combatable parts)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 12:49 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Parts from other Lexus or Toyota can fit in our SC430(combatable parts)

How many times you bought an original OEM Lexus SC430 part for XXX$ then you discovered that a Toyota part the cost you 50% less can fit perfectly!!!!
Personally, I have been into this experience and many time it was a big deference in terms of $$
One time I was going to buy a MAF sensor from Lexus dealer for 122$ then I discovered that a Toyota corolla MAF is exactly the same (even same part number) and it only cost 70$!!!!!
Also many times I want to buy a part from Lexus dealer but it is unavailable and needs 3 to 4 weeks to be ordered and shipped!!
While any Toyota part is ready on the shelf!!

In this Thread, I would like all CL members to put any info about any combatable part from other Lexus models or Toyotas cars that can fit in our 430SCs
Old 08-10-10, 06:48 AM
R052822
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is a good plan.
But WITH part numbers Lexus and Toyota. And with model year of the Toyota.

If I need say a MAF sensor for my SC I have to go to the Toyota dealer (=also my Lexus dealer) and ask for a Corolla MAF sensor. He want to know my VIN number or specific year type and engine.
Better is asking for a Corolla MAF sensor and the part number.

so

SC 2003 MAF sensor part number = Corolla year part number.

GReeTZ Willem
Old 08-10-10, 07:08 AM
thelopez
Rookie

I was on ebay and saw a MAF for the SC430 = corolla 2000-2002 =Chevy Geo Prizm 2000-2002. OEM # 22204-15010. I bet you can save even more by putting the Chevy part inside, but that just seems so wrong. For anyone that actually bought their MAF at Lexus dealership, does it say Lexus on it or Toyota on it?
Old 08-10-10, 07:32 AM
cjs18
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am tempted to agree with folks who think that "parts is parts," for the most part. But I also think that there may be some parts and assemblies that may be common with other Toyota products which receive some additional secondary operations or more care in matching when used in a Lexus. I have read that OEM tires, for example, are matched on Lexus models. Maybe not so much on Corollas, eh?

In other cases I'm not so sure. I'm about to replace the rear brake pads on my ES330. No matter what quality level of replacement pads I look at, inclucing OEM, they appear to be common to Camrys and some other Toyota models. Superficially it looks like that's the case with my SC430 too.

But so far as price goes, I think it pays to do your homework. I have seen higher prices at the Toyota dealer for parts that are used across product lines. A recent example I found is the two little plastic clips that hold the SC430 door panel to the door frame at the front. They cost about $1.60 each at Lexus which is absolutely highway robbery for that $.05 piece of plastic. But I was quoted substantially more than that by my Toyota dealership. Both dealers had to order them, but Lexus could get them much sooner. That's not on the same price level as an O2 sensor certainly, but it convinced me that it is not a good idea to make assumptions.
Old 08-10-10, 12:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cjs18
I am tempted to agree with folks who think that "parts is parts," for the most part. But I also think that there may be some parts and assemblies that may be common with other Toyota products which receive some additional secondary operations or more care in matching when used in a Lexus. I have read that OEM tires, for example, are matched on Lexus models. Maybe not so much on Corollas, eh?

In other cases I'm not so sure. I'm about to replace the rear brake pads on my ES330. No matter what quality level of replacement pads I look at, inclucing OEM, they appear to be common to Camrys and some other Toyota models. Superficially it looks like that's the case with my SC430 too.
Part is part, if it got the same part #, they are identical. Same box, same part, same place of assembly, same vendor......same same same. The only difference is their price depends on where they are sold
Old 08-10-10, 01:05 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can get the part through Toyota, it's the same part. The Lexus version may or may not have a Lexus logo on it, but that's the only difference.

Lexus dealerships are independent, so they set their own prices on parts. You'll usually see a larger price discrepancy between Toyota and Lexus when there's only one Lexus dealership in town, or multiple dealerships owned by the same individual. This is the case in all but a few cities.

The best thing to do is have your car serviced at Toyota or haggle with Lexus to get them to match (or get close to) Toyota's price.
Old 12-10-21, 02:40 PM
Summerdog
Driver School Candidate

Need to cut an weld the front driver side coner front end frame piece will a Toyota frame be comparable
Old 12-10-21, 02:41 PM
Summerdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Summerdog
Need to cut an weld the front driver side coner front end frame piece will a Toyota frame be comparable
I have a sc430 2013 tat needs fixed
Old 12-10-21, 02:43 PM
Summerdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Summerdog
I have a sc430 2013 tat needs fixed