SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

06-2010 Radio Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-10, 02:42 PM
UnSub
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06-2010 Radio Compatibility

Does anyone know if a 2010 Lexus radio would be a direct replacement for an 06? I am having the radio replaced under warranty and want to upgrade to one with Ipod connectivity. I THINK the 10 SC430 has that.

Last edited by UnSub; 08-14-10 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 03:31 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

I don't know if they are compatible, but when I tried to do the same thing with the dealer, they refused to do it. If I wanted a later model radio, I'd have to pay the full price of a new radio. I would assume that they take this stance to prevent abuse. But what bothered me was that they wouldn't even allow me to pay the difference between the two. Of course, I have an '02 and that radio is not compatible with some of the newer radios anyway because of the interface with the NAV.

Good luck and let us know if you found another way to get them swapped out.
Old 08-14-10, 04:51 PM
UnSub
Driver

Originally Posted by Harold57
I don't know if they are compatible, but when I tried to do the same thing with the dealer, they refused to do it. If I wanted a later model radio, I'd have to pay the full price of a new radio. I would assume that they take this stance to prevent abuse. But what bothered me was that they wouldn't even allow me to pay the difference between the two. Of course, I have an '02 and that radio is not compatible with some of the newer radios anyway because of the interface with the NAV.

Good luck and let us know if you found another way to get them swapped out.
Thanks. The dealership said they would be happy to do it if they are compatible but I won't know until Monday. I am not sure the newer model has the ipod option but I think it does. I will report back Monday.
Old 08-14-10, 05:12 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the Ipod is on the 2010. Check Lexus.com, and look at the 2010 SC info.
Katy
Old 08-14-10, 08:55 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it takes more than just a radio unit.
Good to know that your dealer is willing to do the homework for you.
Old 08-15-10, 08:08 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

what other upgrades are included with a 2010 430 radio unit?
xm radio, etc.?
Old 08-15-10, 10:10 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by UnSub
Thanks. The dealership said they would be happy to do it if they are compatible but I won't know until Monday. I am not sure the newer model has the ipod option but I think it does. I will report back Monday.
Wow, that's great! Glad to hear that you have a good dealership willing to work with you and do the homework (like Talwang said).

Now if I could just convince my dealership to do the same...
Old 08-16-10, 09:26 AM
tinshield
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was wrong with your radio that they had to replace it and if so did they order you a new one while you kept the old one in?? What type of warranty do you have? I am having trouble with my CD player will not eject out 5&6 CD nor can I add any, thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-10, 07:58 PM
UnSub
Driver

Originally Posted by tinshield
What was wrong with your radio that they had to replace it and if so did they order you a new one while you kept the old one in?? What type of warranty do you have? I am having trouble with my CD player will not eject out 5&6 CD nor can I add any, thanks in advance.
My car had 6 Cd's stuck in it and would not play them. I had error 3. I wanted to upgrade if the had to replace the unit under warranty through Mercury Insurance, a policy I bought when I bought the car used. They pay 100% of non consumable items for 7 years or 100,000 miles. The policy was offered through my credit union. The dealership investigated replacing the unit with a newer one and we found out together how the system really works. Lexus has an exchange program where your bad radio goes back to their repair facility. Your Cd's will be remover during the repair process and will be mailed back to you. You get a replacement unit which I assume is a previously repaired unit without having to wait. The charge to Mercury was $739 including labor. The dealership can't offer an upgrade except at full price because of the way the program works. Full price would have been about $2,000 and I did not want ipod connectivity near that bad. The new radio works great.
Old 08-18-10, 03:37 AM
tinshield
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info I will be taking mine in then also and have it replaced. I really appreciate the feedback I just didn't want to run around with a hole in the dash until they decided to replace the unit. If you want Ipod you should install the hook up that goes in the console that is what I did and I have an 80gig unit in there with more music than I will ever use LOL.
Old 08-18-10, 05:34 PM
UnSub
Driver

Originally Posted by tinshield
Thanks for the info I will be taking mine in then also and have it replaced. I really appreciate the feedback I just didn't want to run around with a hole in the dash until they decided to replace the unit. If you want Ipod you should install the hook up that goes in the console that is what I did and I have an 80gig unit in there with more music than I will ever use LOL.
Which unit did you install? That will be my next step.
Old 08-19-10, 03:46 AM
tinshield
Driver School Candidate

I used the VIAS SL2I-UP had them mount it under my controls for the seat heaters so that I would be able to get to it for upgrade in firm ware and had the ipod connector put in the console and I truly love it. I haven't used my Satellite Radio or CD player at all since I had it installed.