Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

what is great upgrade.
really tastefully done and complete.

now, go on a big road trip and enjoy!
Old 08-19-10, 10:39 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Love the sound system! Lookin' great man!
Old 08-19-10, 12:46 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t119

Peter_Klim,

I really love my wheels. I think they accent the car very well. If your wheels are similar, I'm sure that you will be satisfied with them!

As far as the trunk, I plan to make it completely useless by covering it in a black plexiglass to make it resemble this:

I look forward to seeing the finished product of your system!
Now that is classy - the way it should be in a Lexus! Just be careful that your roof will still fit in there!
Old 08-19-10, 01:16 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Nice and clean. Your wheels look great! Like others have said, coils are the way to go. The audio shop did an amazing job on your unit. Good job
Old 08-19-10, 07:54 PM
KBALL
Pole Position

quite possibly my favorite wheels i've seen on an sc430 yet!!
Old 08-19-10, 08:16 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Gorgeous car! I love the stereo job-very creative and professional looking! Wow!!!!

I love the wheels too-dropping may enhance the look, but not critical. Your choice...

I agree with Liquid-do your tail lights. The 06+ would look like it's a normal 06-10 SC, but the red tint would differentiate it some. Your choice...

What about headlights? Maybe DRL upgrade? Or the 06+ headlight upgrade?

Very nice! Keep it up
Old 08-19-10, 09:06 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
very nice. the wheels look great. i few things that would make it even better:

1) a drop. preferably on tein cs coilovers. or with springs if they're out of your budget.
I'd suggest to hold off on springs and get the coilovers once you saved up $$. Or you'll wish you waited... Installation for colovers is much less than just the springs, plus with COs you can adjust the ride height and dampening. Even more so than ride height, my main reason for getting coilovers is for a sportier ride - seems like all "most" (not all) people with SC430s care about when getting COs is height, not better handling.

2) either red out the taillights or get '06+. red tint will run about $20-$30. 06+ lights cost $600+. personally, i prefer redding them out. i think it looks cleaner. but most seem to prefer the 06+ lights.
$600+ for EACH front light, correct?

i would like to just replace the glass the lights are in (the outside glass of the headlights). I got my 02 used 2 years ago, and that is when i sold my IS300 to my friend. The IS headlights still don't have that faded out yellow looking glass like my SC430 does. I heard it's caused simply from the waether and the sun (even though I lived in snowy NY with my IS300 for 5 years, it was garaged so that is why it still looks perfect).

I also was told by Toyota when i got my Rav4 a couple months back that the glass that is used now is made with a material that will not fade out to yellow. I wonder if the headlights they sell use this new material? My Sc430 isn't that bad now, but to me it can make or break the looks of a new car and an old used car.

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 08-23-10, 01:00 PM
t119
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Gorgeous car! I love the stereo job-very creative and professional looking! Wow!!!!

I love the wheels too-dropping may enhance the look, but not critical. Your choice...

I agree with Liquid-do your tail lights. The 06+ would look like it's a normal 06-10 SC, but the red tint would differentiate it some. Your choice...

What about headlights? Maybe DRL upgrade? Or the 06+ headlight upgrade?

Very nice! Keep it up
I ordered the red tail light tint today. I figure I can try the much less expensive alternative to +06 lights first before dropping a substantial amount on the money.
Old 08-23-10, 05:08 PM
bobcat1
Driver School Candidate

I see you have SAT radio, where did you put the antenna? Can you attach a pic? Have any issues with reception?
Old 08-23-10, 05:19 PM
t119
Rookie

Originally Posted by bobcat1
I see you have SAT radio, where did you put the antenna? Can you attach a pic? Have any issues with reception?
The sat radio antenna is ran along the door jam and is placed above the windshield on the drivers side. The cord attached to the antenna is discretely tucked in and one would not notice the antenna if it was not pointed out. I will attach a picture soon.
Old 08-23-10, 05:57 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim

$600+ for EACH front light, correct?
I was talking about taillights. But yes, I think headlights run about $600 each. If you change your headlights though, you'll also have to change the front bumper and grill. Which isn't worth it in my opinion.

As for the yellowing, I'd pick up a bottle of Maguire's PlastX and give that a try.
Old 08-24-10, 08:46 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

I was talking about taillights. But yes, I think headlights run about $600 each. If you change your headlights though, you'll also have to change the front bumper and grill. Which isn't worth it in my opinion.

As for the yellowing, I'd pick up a bottle of Maguire's PlastX and give that a try.
I forgot about the PlastiX. I'm not sure how well it works because the effect is more than skin deep. but I'll give it a try. Thanks agian Liquid!
Old 08-24-10, 09:43 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No problem. If that doesn't work, maybe try the plastix with an orbital buffer.
Old 02-16-12, 11:20 AM
jbar5563
Driver School Candidate

I have the same exact car but my factory radio went bad im looking for an aftermarket one to put in but i want to sustaion steering wheel controls. Do you still have them? If you do were do you get them from i heard of crutch feild do i go there? If you could help me out that'd be great thank you!
Old 04-17-12, 02:29 AM
HOODCELEBS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my factory Navi with a conversion adapter kit so It still funtions the same way and I play ps3 and tv tuner on it...... but the car looks good

Quick Reply: Her first photo shoot + new audio system