SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10 | 05:04 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain

Four topics on one thread-all on my baby! First, after my blow-out/rear quarter damage, my baby looks great as evidenced by the pics. $1800 covered the rear quarter, bumper, and wheel. $250 deductable. The body shop did great work. I would recommend Brea Auto for those in Orange County. BTW-84 degrees today-top down weather (obviously). Here you are. Next post will cover babys next topic.
Attached Thumbnails blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-001.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-007.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-014.jpg  
Old 09-11-10 | 05:10 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Wood grain grows on you!

Like the extra wood grain more every day. Have had a lot of compliments since adding it. The Lexus hat has brought comments related to pimps, drug lords, and old retired guys. Ironically, none describe me! haha
Attached Thumbnails blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-006.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-016.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-017.jpg  
Old 09-11-10 | 05:18 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default DVD's for my listening pleasure...

Since adding my RCA hookups, the only thing I use is music dvd's. And of course with the flip of a switch I am back to NAV. Sound is great and music videos dont grab your attention like any other video, making it a safe option so the wife can check out the videos while I drive. $300 labor after group buys on this forum. Nav wood grain from kit-covers small crack well.
Attached Thumbnails blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-022.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-023.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-024.jpg  
Old 09-11-10 | 05:27 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default and finally the back-up camera.

One of my first mods is now over 2 years old. Always on when in reverse regardless whether the DVD or nav is on. But you must have the nav door open. Cost of camera is $280 and labor was included when RCA's were installed for the DVD. All work was done by Steve at Luxury Motorworks. Steve is the creator of Luxlink and I am fortunate to live only 30 minutes from his shop. My Luxlink and rear quarter window mod is also 2 years old now. Sorry forgot to take picture of nav with camera on but will next time I am out with the camera.
Attached Thumbnails blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-009.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-012.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-010.jpg   blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-sept-2009-020.jpg  
Old 09-11-10 | 05:34 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Back-up view of my garage

This camera is great at night too! Very happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails blow-outs/wood grain/rear camera/wood grain-dsc03726.jpg  
Old 09-11-10 | 06:50 PM
cjs18
Pole Position

Very nifty modifications. And for what it's worth I think I'm coveting your garage also...
Old 09-11-10 | 07:49 PM
scdroptop

John-you've got some great toys, man!!! How did you do your garage floor?

Also, it's not your hat that's getting the "pimp" comments it's all the wood grain and the dubs your car is sittin' on!! LOL

Also, love the DIVERSE music collection! You've got it all covered on that one screen. The backup camera is soooo nice. You are a lucky man to live close to Steve! I really want luxlink bad, but I'm afraid I've missed the boat.
Old 09-11-10 | 08:23 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Hey Droptop. The garage floor is epoxy that was done professionally-meaning they used a leveling grinder and at the end they used a commercial grade of urethane. The urethane is the secret! I have friends that used epoxy from HD and Lowes and they are both affected (melt) from hot tires-like pulling in from a trip. Very happy-been down for 8 years. Yeah, and I am pretty sure the hat gets the comments.LOL. My 32 year old son does claim that the wheels transformed the car. I don't think he meant what you were thinking though. I've reached that point in my life where now that I don't have to buy my three sons toys, I might as well get them for myself! and ITS FUN!!!

Oh, the DVD collection is of my making too. Have a Panasonic DVD recorder with a 500 gig HD (NOT the computer type) and made all my own DVD's off VH1-classic (Hi-Def). A DVD holds about 30-40 music videos and I made about 15. I Keep them in a CD wallet in the backseat and change DVD's when I get tired of the one I am currently playing. You can't believe the sound in the SC. This afternoon I saw a squad car pull up next to me at a light and with a quick switch under the dash and I'm looking at the nav (or close the nav door). Must say that I have NEVER taken my eyes off the road for a video and never play movies. Playback in the house on surround sound with the 7-speakers.

Sorry for going long and off course a bit-it just like me to do that.
Old 09-11-10 | 08:28 PM
scdroptop

I have a painter that uses professional grade stuff you can only get through their wholesaler (except for regular home paint...he's a Sherwin Williams guy) I will check with them to see if they know of any special urethane that is NOT HD/Lowes. Behr and that other crap are a big waste of money. I'm a SW guy too. Maybe they have a good urethane epoxy? At any rate...I love your floor! I've had it on my "project list" for years now and I'm startng to get some cracks so I need to patch and seal anyway.
Old 09-12-10 | 04:42 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

Random question but how do you roll down all 4 windows with the top closed? My back windows only go down when I put down the top.
Old 09-12-10 | 06:43 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Thats another mod that Luxlink offered. Other forum members hardwired it themselves with a separate switch. The luxlink mod actually allows you to operate the rear quarter windows via the front drivers window switch (3 touches to the switch).
Old 09-14-10 | 11:52 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solman
Thats another mod that Luxlink offered. Other forum members hardwired it themselves with a separate switch. The luxlink mod actually allows you to operate the rear quarter windows via the front drivers window switch (3 touches to the switch).
Ahh ok.. I just thought there was maybe a switch somewhere that i didnt know about...