SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Ejecting CD's -> A fine art!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-02 | 06:52 AM
rscharf
Driver

Default Ejecting CD's -> A fine art!

Just thought I'd share my experiences and see if anyone else has any thoughts on this matter.

I've noticed that CD's I've burned on my computer appear to eject fine (have only tried this a couple of times) when you don't slap a paper label on them. fyi - I had to use a letter opener to put a little pressure against the top side of a paper labeled CD while it was ejecting to get it out. I did see the warning in the owner's manual about all the different CD's that aren't compatible with the player. They make it sound pretty darn picky!

The curious thing, on my BOSE stereo in the Cadillac (single disc player in the dash), I have to put the paper label on a burned CD to get it to eject. If I don't put a label on the CD, they get stuck ejecting.

In a nutshell, CD's I've burned to play in the Lexus will not work in the Cadillac and vice versa.

Robert
Old 07-18-02 | 07:21 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Me too!

I had a similar experience just after purchasing my SC. My husband and I were driving to the beach so I burned some new "top down" music for our drive. We enjoyed every minute of it, but once we arrived at our cindo, 6 1/2 hours later, the cd's wouldn't eject.

I was a bit freaked out and asked my husband to take it to the dealer (it's my car) to see what they recommended about getting them to eject. Unfortunately, there wasn't a Lexus Dealer for another hour and a half drive. He thought that the Toyota dealer might have some tools, etc...and the service manager couln't have been nicer and got them out without much trouble
....wouldn't even charge us.

Needless to say, I don't put the label on the cd's for the lexus....but have another player (Bose) in our house that will not play unless there is a label on the thing. Guess there are different strokes for different players? Whatever.
Vicky
Old 07-18-02 | 08:11 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Well Cds are different thicknesses so one would believe that CD players accomadate different sizes as well. Make sur eyou are buying the correct CD thickness, sounds silly but its true. The other big thing is that CD-R's are greatly affected by heat and get much hotter inside a car radio. I have even heard of peoples CD-R's losing quality and etc.
Old 07-18-02 | 10:36 AM
pot_head
Driver

I also have problems with cd's ejecting properly. I'd say half the time the cd gets stuck. What i do is i have useless cd sitting in the armrest and i'd use that to poke at the cd thats having problems ejecting. It comes out every time when i do that.
Old 07-18-02 | 07:19 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Sharpie and Regular CD'R's- 16 months with the SC430 and no problems.
But as a funny aside. I had a the problem with the ML Stereo that sometimes it would turn on at full blast for no reason, so the dealer switched the stereo and didn't think to take the 6 CD's out of the changer, nor did I, long story short I realized this the next day and called them, they had already sent the unit back to the USA and had to track them down.
The following morning I had a FED-EX box at my office with the CD's in it. Pretty Good service...
Old 07-19-02 | 05:32 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Droptop

That "full-blast" situation happened to me three times. The top was down so my ears weren't damaged, but I was sure embarrassed.

Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned that the fix for this was the replacement of only the power amp. I'm not sure if the power amp is a separate self-contained unit or if it's integral to the system in the dash.

In any case, can you tell me (us) what exactly they replaced to remedy the problem? I'll be asking my dealer to do the same for me soon and I want to give him all the details.

Thanks
Old 07-19-02 | 07:53 AM
DropTop430
Driver

1Nice,

I will go back and look at my service record(s) but I am pretty sure that they just replaced the head unit. I also had that weird thing where all of the treble and bass settings were all out of wack. The ranges were from -9 to +9 I think...I will check for you and see what parts were ordered and replaced...But I am 99% sure the head unit was the only part..
Old 07-19-02 | 11:01 AM
RodF
Pole Position

I've read in other postings where the power amp was replaced along with, or instead of the head unit. This is a separate unit that resides behind the back seat, by the subwoofer.

I've only had it happen once. Apparently, the "set" somehow gets set to full volume so when you press it you get blasted. All of the other settings go nuts.

I wonder if once is enough for the dealer to replace it. It was enough for me.