SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC Week in Dallas! Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10 | 06:19 AM
scdroptop

Default SC Week in Dallas! Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!

Wow! I can't think of another week that I've seen as many SC's on the road as I did this week. Ironically, I think I saw absolutely red the most too! LOL Weather has finally dropped into the 80's and down to high 70's all of a sudden after a blistering summer with many days over 100. Seems like we went from 100 to 70 in two weeks---Wait! We did!

So, first up, a collection of SC's in the raw. I counted, all but two of these SC's had a middle-aged woman driving, one was a male and the other a younger female. AR on saddle-very rare. SGM with the gspiders nice!

A few comments-look at the TAP and how beautiful that color is-WOW!

Nice indigo on saddle for sale at Park Place-2003 with some miles on it, but still a strong retail price of $20,XXX. Very very very clean with chromes. Leather reconditioned inside makes it look brand new and brand new RFT's too. Great value, IMO. Question: Would it be more if it was black, silver or white on ecru or black?
Attached Thumbnails SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo4.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo5.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo8.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo11.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo10.jpg  

Old 09-27-10 | 06:22 AM
scdroptop

Default SC's in action...

tried to get as close as I could...some of the mirror shots really need zoom on the iPhone...sorry if they are not super clear!

Nice chardonnay pearl at the dealer in the "make ready" area with some GS chromes on it-interesting! Looks sharp to me!
Attached Thumbnails SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo2.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo6.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo3.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo18.jpg  

Old 09-27-10 | 06:29 AM
scdroptop

Default few more...plus some rare cars

nice old classic Volvo coupe at the porsche dealer! Wow...very cool car.

Here's a classic convertible for you-the 944 series porsche cabriolet! For sure a mazda rx-7 look alike as many paired these two as copycats (who copied who?) with the pop up headlights and similar offerings. The 944 cabrio was a cool car for it's time. Made from 1989-1992. Plastic back window. The later remodeled car, called 968 was a huge improvement, it had a backseat (tiny) but had a great six cylinder and offered a six speed way back in 1993. I've driven both cars and both were fun, but the rx-7 was much more fun with a 9k redline and much easier modifiable and affordable.

How about this beauty? 2001 BMW Z8. Don't see too many of these, do ya?

Silver on red...rarely seen any other colors, but I know they made white, black and red also. Very sharp-rare to find the hard top too. $90k still!!! $$

Ironically-look at the front grill and now look at the styling cues from the current Z4, 5 and 7 series BMW...see something similar???? Very cool car!
Attached Thumbnails SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo19.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo14.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo15.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo12.jpg   SC Week in Dallas!  Saturday Starbucks run and some other gems too!-photo16.jpg  

Old 09-27-10 | 11:41 AM
antigeek
Pole Position

You still haven't tagged me yet. I was beginning to think you don't go far enough north, but the Smart Learning Center is in Addison -- I stomp around there often.

Maybe we should schedule that Dallas get-together I suggested earlier this year (or was it last year?).
What a great planner _I_ am.
Old 09-27-10 | 05:37 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Cars and Coffee/Dallas is this weekend I think (1st weekend of each month). Any SC430 folks going to go and park in the Lexus section? I'll go if others do. Starts at 8am on Saturday but you might want to get there early or else there'll be a LONG line.

I, also, have not been stalked by scdroptop.

Last edited by huy33; 09-27-10 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-28-10 | 01:18 PM
UnSub
Driver

Originally Posted by huy33
Cars and Coffee/Dallas is this weekend I think (1st weekend of each month). Any SC430 folks going to go and park in the Lexus section? I'll go if others do. Starts at 8am on Saturday but you might want to get there early or else there'll be a LONG line.

I, also, have not been stalked by scdroptop.
Where is this and who goes? I might come out.
Old 09-28-10 | 03:08 PM
scdroptop

Yes, count me in. I am fairly free this weekend. Can't stay all day though...my five year old son wants to see Despicable ME for the fifth time in theaters before it goes off!
Old 09-28-10 | 03:52 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Not trying to hijack your thread scdroptop but...

It's at Classic BMW/Plano, TX right off the Tollway in the big parking lot. Goes from 8-noon. Everything is free except for the coffee. Anyone can park their car in the show lot but you might want to come earlier to find a spot. It's always the first Saturday of each month.

Physical address is:

Classic BMW
6800 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024
(214) 778-2600

I'm coming then if scdroptop is there.

www.dallascarsandcoffee.com

If you need a VAIS SL2i-UP, I'll have an extra one. I just made my appointment with Sewell to have them install it but they have to use theirs to get the 1 year warranty. I'm a tool and bought one during the Fall VAIS Group Buy so I'll have an extra one. Bring $180. UPS just dropped it off today and it's starting to collect dust.