SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just test drove Tesla Roadster Sport 2.5, makes me appreciate the SC430 even more....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-24, 01:11 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by buddhi
Yes, although some Tesla owners are having second thoughts due to a lack of charging infrastructure, parts availability,
and long waits for repair time, others love their Teslas for the green statement (see:http://www.petitionproject.org),
cognitive dissonance, and (absolutely) speed. I imagine that owning a Tesla in Nebraska makes one feel good as there's
only one Tesla per 43 square miles. Of course, we all feel the same way driving our SC. Nebraska, not being a
deregulated energy state, must have high electric costs which will increase in the future as more companies and
people move to electric cars and cloud-based data lakes. Regardless, I'd buy a Tesla if I could afford it just for the
speed. I also like the way they look inside and out. Those two reasons alone far outweigh any negatives, including
the lack of V8 sound. The best color for a Tesla or an SC in my opinion is obsidian black.
Yep, I love mine not so much for the green statement (I know it's debatable how "green" they are), but absolutely for the incredible and silent power they provide. I plug mine in at home every night (just like my IPhone), and in the morning I have a full tank of "gas." Which, for my car, can mean just over 400 miles of range if charged to 100% (which I rarely do, as charging to 80% is easier on the battery life and gets me 320 miles of range every day). I'm a Realtor and am constantly driving all over town, so never having to think about getting gas is a real plus for me.

My car also has the Full Self Driving (FSD) option, and it's very fun to plug in a destination on my huge touch screen, and then sit back and watch my car drive itself. It does make mistakes at times, and has to be supervised fairly closely still, but it's pretty magical to see it stopping for red lights, stop signs, pedestrians, etc., and turning corners automatically is pretty cool. I'm an early adopter, so I get excited by the future this car is starting to reveal.

I've owned 5-6 Teslas over the past 5 years, and I've had exactly zero problems of any sort with all of them. And no oil change interval to worry about! I just have the tires rotated occasionally (though even that's not possible on my Model S, as it has a staggered setup with huge tires on the rear and smaller on the front).

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack this Lexus thread for Tesla gushing, I'm just a huge fan. But I'm REALLY excited to pick up my new 2006 SC430 on Tuesday when I get back to Florida!
Old 03-02-24, 01:21 PM
buddhi
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The Tesla is a brilliant car, very definitely an advance over internal combustion engine machinery,
new school versus old school, and likely the future.