SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC Relevant After Production? Here's Proof...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-10, 07:44 AM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Default SC Relevant After Production? Here's Proof...

Good story here: Is the SC still relevant in the marketplace? I think so.

A high end luxury dealer by me that has many more expensive cars on it's lot and currently has dozens of BMW's, Mercedes, and other Lexus vehicles at it currently has the below 2007 Pebble Beach on its showroom floor and I went to go see it yesterday because it looked so beautiful.

The car is sandwiched between a current bodystyle S550 (retails $120k+ new) a 2009 Range Rover SC ($100k) and a few other gems on a very classy upscale pre-owned showroom floor like a Maserati Quattroporte and a Porsche 911 Coupe.

It just so happened that I (rare occassion) got some non-biased comments from the receptionist who's island desk was kind of right across from the beauty. She told me that of all the cars they have ever had on the showroom floor in the five years she's been working there, this car has gotten the most attention out of all of them. Perhaps only she and I were the two most educated/informed people in the dealership as two sales people came up to me (I hate that when one asks if they can help you and then another does right after that!!!) and tried to tell me about the car. One guy called it just a special edition and the other guy didn't even comment on it. I asked one guy what the color combination was called and he said tungsten (which is a silver IS Lexus color LOL) on imola red (which is a BMW exterior red color), LOL . I just continued to ask very basic questions and then politely told them I was not looking for a car just admiring this one.

After the smoke cleared from the not-so-SC-familiar salespeople I was able to really look at my all time favorite SC430 (2007 Pebble Beach Starfire Pearl on Pimento Red interior) and there she sat with only 15k miles and as perfect as you can get for a "pre-owned" car. Hardly ever driven or sat in should be the title for this car! All sets of floor mats, not a scratch, ding or blemish.

Original g-spiders with no rash and perfect new RFT's. Engine looks like you could eat a 12oz filet with lobster tail on it with some double malted scotch.

My leather is pretty near perfect in my SC but this SC even smelled new, a hard feat for a four year old car. Original inservice date was 10/06. What a beauty! At any rate, I thought about how relevant this car STILL IS after I left and although the SC may be a little dated with features and updates, it still is a beautiful, highly desirable car and certainly looks like a million bucks on this showroom floor.

Didn't have my iPhone with me, but here is the link to the car if you want to check it out: http://www.sewell.com/web/vehicle/69...year=All_years
Old 10-30-10, 08:44 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

what an extraordinary specimen.
unreal that a 4 year old 430 could
be so perfect.
know what you mean SC. I've owned my 04
three years now and I still look back at it with
admiration when leaving the garage for the house.
it's a true classic for sure.
Old 10-30-10, 01:05 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the question is.....when will you be getting this dream car of yours, and how much are they going to give you for Ebony?

Just DO IT!
Old 10-30-10, 03:32 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

TooCool-Unfortunately I would probably get a very low ball offer for my SC as they don't value a CPO on trade in as much and certainly don't a pebble beach or all the of the upgrades I've done like wheels, Vais, 06+ tails, etc. So, right now a low ball offer and money washed down the drain with the upgrades I've done is a not a smart decision for me even though my heart tells me HELL YES GET THE 07 PB, my brain tells me not to.

On top of those car financial reasons-personally my company is getting ready for major layoffs in a month for the fourth year in a row so I need to sit tight and wait. I should know by Dec 1st. If and only if she is still there then and I can get an "alright" trade on mine, and perhaps they'll let me keep my Vais, wheels maybe I will do it then. I doubt it will be there though. This car is SUPER pristine.
Old 10-30-10, 06:15 PM
jomo3640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, great looking specimen
My 2007 had only 12k, when picked it up, but has a couple road/pebble marks on the lower front of the hood
Overall, I still can't believe how much I enjoy my new toy
Old 10-30-10, 07:27 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really beautiful car and what a cool post too! Every time I drive my car, I get a smile on my face (especially after replacing the RFTs!). I am looking forward to a long relationship with Alexus.