SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

luxlink help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 10:03 AM
T8LEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default luxlink help

okay so i got this car with luxlink on it and i have no idea how to use it>?
Im trying to figure out how to do the conv top control, Auto start, and if i can do the 1/4 window control with the basic luxlink set up??
Old 02-07-11, 02:06 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The 1/4 window mod is an additional module that gets installed . It is not with the basic set up. Lux link opperating instructions can be different depending on which generation unit you have .

The latest version made you would use your key fob press un lock then press lock then press lock again that would remote start the engine.

To put top down you should be able to press the dash mounted top button twice and that should start the top to go down or up [ With the ignition switch on ]

To remote top down use key fob hold down unlock button till you hear the long audible beep [ 3econds ] then when windows start to move press lock.
Old 02-07-11, 03:38 PM
T8LEX
Driver

Default luxlink help

i was told i would use the key fob for the luxlink so would that mean i do have the latest version>? I know it was installed at the luxury service shop that created it.
Old 02-07-11, 04:16 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The luxlink is awful... totally awful... you don't want it... give it to us
Old 02-07-11, 04:23 PM
mandyfig

Received 415 Likes on 365 Posts

What is this luxlink....??
Old 02-07-11, 04:34 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Luxlink is a great product that when installed allows you to open the top and remote start the car from the key! and also makes it so you can put the top down by double clicking the button on the interior (rather than having to hold it). there is also an additional part that makes it so the back windows roll down with the front windows.

unfortunately, they are not being sold right now unless Luxury motorworks, the makers, get a large enough quantity of people that want them to remanufacture them.!
Old 02-07-11, 04:35 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The two generations of the Luxlink both use the key fob to operate. The differances were in the install insructions and there is a different key fob sequencing. If you know that it was installed by Steve from luxury motor works in Monrovia. I would contact the former owner if possisble if not Steve must have records. The 1/4 window mod works by pressing the drivers window down button three times. The windows will go up or down. The mod is not smart in that it does not know if the windows are up or down . If it does not work the first time you press the button 3 times wait 20 seconds then try again. The best way to put it is the 1/4 window mod does work it can be a bit buggy at times if you dont get the triipple press of the button timing right. The cars computer could interperet the tripple press as a error in case you press it to soon after the first tripple press. If that happens you have to shut off car open door close door restart car and that will reset the luxlink. When I first got mine it took a little practice to get the timing down. I now am good at it and it is reliable. You also can if you want remote start and also remote the top at the same time.,That is done by holding down the unlock button for approx 3 seconds wait for the long audible beep then press the lock button twice . Important to make the lock press timing equal. Good luck

Last edited by mrblister; 02-07-11 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-07-11, 06:19 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Probably the easiest way to see whether the LuxLink is actually installed is to give the top down switch a double click. If there is a LuxLink, the top should go down automatically without holding the switch.

After that, you can work on the key fob, which takes some learning to know how long to press.

I have an ad in the WANTED forum -- I'm paying top dollar for anyone who is selling their car and wants to pull the LuxLink first (which is extremely easy to do).
Old 02-13-11, 07:58 PM
mandyfig

Received 415 Likes on 365 Posts

The quarter mod is talked about often. Is this the option to pull up the rear quarter windows?

Why is it not an option to pull up the qtr windows?

Is it throug luxlink only?

Today ot was 60 degrees in ATL, the Top was down! And really wanted the qtr window up.

Nice day to have the SC around town with the top down! Yes people look and talk about the car.
Old 02-14-11, 06:40 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
The quarter mod is talked about often. Is this the option to pull up the rear quarter windows?

Today ot was 60 degrees in ATL, the Top was down! And really wanted the qtr window up.

Nice day to have the SC around town with the top down! Yes people look and talk about the car.
Hi Mandyfig,

I just realized you were in Atlanta as well. We just moved here about 6 months ago. Do you ever get any problems about your 15% tint on the window?
Old 02-14-11, 07:26 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig

Mandyfig,

The quarter window mod gives you two options that you don't have from the factory...

The ability to raise the rear windows while the top is down.
The ability to lower the rear windows while the top is up.

Being able to raise the rear windows while the top is down aids in deflecting some of the wind.

Being able to lower the rear windows while the top is up...is very nice looking!

Although, personally, if it's nice enough to drive around with the windows down, I just lower the top! Isn't that why we all bought convertibles?

And no, you don't need a LL to do this...it can be done with a set of relays and a couple of pushbuttons (or a DPDT, center-off switch).

There are also a number of companies that make power window roll-down/roll-up modules that can be installed in the car to do this (they get wired to the rear window motors and have a trigger wire). I think this is easier than dealing with the multiple relays, but it's more expensive.

I actually bought a roll-down/roll-up module last year but, never got around to installing it. It's in my basement...somewhere. I made a mistake when I first ordered one. There are companies that make one-way modules. So, they JUST roll down the windows (or roll them up)...they don't go both ways. You don't want this. The idea behind the one-way modules are if you wanted to do something like - have the windows roll up when you activate your alarm.

I don't know enough about specific brands to offer a recommendation; I couldn't even tell you which one I bought and, since I haven't installed it yet, I can't tell you if it works! But there's no reason why they shouldn't; this is what those modules were made for.