SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Parrot MKI9100 - Installation update (Mark Levinson question)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 06:22 PM
neilsix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot MKI9100 - Installation update (Mark Levinson question)

Hey CL folks,

After reading through the forums, I actually picked up a harness for my 2002 SC430 so I can get it installed at Best Buy. The technician started working on it, but then called as he was taking the stereo apart, saying he can't do it without the security code for the Mark Levinson radio. He says that for Mark Levinson radios, he'll need the stereo security code in case the Mark Levinson activates the anti-theft system (meaning it shuts down with no way of turning back on). Did anyone have to deal with retrieving the stereo code when their MKI-9100 was installed? Does our ML stereo even have a security code?

Technician recommended I take it to the Lexus dealer to get the code, and having Lexus leave the stereo out after they retrieve the code so he can just easily install the Parrot. I want to say that the Best Buy guy doesn't know what he's doing, but at the same time, I don't want to run into this problem with another installer if what he says is true.

Let me know when you get a chance. Been kind of a nightmare trying to get this thing installed.
Old 02-17-11, 08:11 PM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

I've never heard of nor have I read anything about a lockout code for the headend unit in the factory service manuals....at least for my 2002 SC. One of the other members, Habious, has done extensive mods on the electronics. Send him a PM he may know with more certainty.
Old 02-28-11, 10:51 AM
neilsix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks VVTiBob (and Habious who I reached out to).

Turns out the first installer I went to just wasn't familiar with a Mark Levinson radio. I took it to another installer and had no problems installing it into my car. There have been little quirks here and there with the iPhone and Bluetooth at first, but overall it's been a life changer.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice. Much much appreciated.