SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

BEST mod ever!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 07:59 PM
UnSub
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Two for me...one for now and one for my last SC...imported Eternal Jewel? Pristine NM (maybe Vietprinces???) or 2007 PB??? Who knows. Or just a replacement if one dies.

I'm in for sure. Already on FB.
I'm curious if this is something you would install yourself. If not, who would you pick to do the job.
Old 02-24-11, 09:05 PM
VVTiBob

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

there are very detailed instructions with photos etc etc available.
Old 02-24-11, 09:30 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how much were they originally? I wonder how much a shop charges anyone do it at a shop?
Old 02-25-11, 06:22 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I paid the same thing that Steve is asking now, back in 2008. Steve is a stand up guy that i have been using since I bought my SC in June of 2008. I even had him do the timing belt. He has a great background with Lexus and created the Luxlink himself. If he were questionable at all, he would have raised the price when he saw our interest on club lexus.

John
Old 02-25-11, 01:50 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Signed up for one
Old 02-25-11, 07:01 PM
VVTiBob

23 ....check it out. new posts!
Old 02-25-11, 07:04 PM
VVTiBob

Originally Posted by Solman
GUILTY!! BTW, I plan on buying 2 more. One for my next SC and a second as a backup. I plan on SC's for the rest of my life and don't want to be caught w/o the Luxlink.

John

Hey John, Do you the rear window module too?
Old 02-25-11, 07:47 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

I do have the rear window module. Nice to have it on the oem drivers window switch. Kind of finicky tho. You can't use it and luxlink at the same time w/o restarting the car. In other words, if I roll the back windows down and then later I want to put down the roof, I can't with luxlink unless I restart the car. While the car is running you have a choice of using the rear windows or luxlkink for the roof-but not both. By turning the car off, you reset the luxlink and can then use either the the luxlink (roof) or rear windows.

On the other hand, I usually either want the hardtop look with the roof up and all windows down OR I want the top down. I still love the oem part of this system. There is no way you can tell I have luxlink without tearing the dash apart. BTW-my lexus dealer has gone into the dash to replace the stereo system, and they never complained about the luxlink installation-as a matter of fact they asked me to demonstrate it to them, while about 10 sales people and service technicians checked it out. They were impressed.

FUN STUFF!!!!
John
Old 02-26-11, 05:21 AM
mcmahonft
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't post to the Facebook page (settings?), but put my order in via the Web site. Thanks for the gouge!
Old 02-26-11, 08:18 AM
VVTiBob

John
Here's you chance for you, well maybe just your SC, to be a YouTobe star once again. I'm sure we all could benefit if you'd be so kind to demonstrate, via video, the rear window module features and then post the YouTube link.
Old 02-26-11, 08:28 AM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you guys ever seen this??? Look at the wheels and the remote???? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD116t-3zY

Looks like a RHD car in Japan. Very interesting!

Kaiser-little pony rims in Pink!!!!
Old 02-26-11, 08:31 AM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Another interesting one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLgiY...eature=related
Old 02-26-11, 08:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Originally Posted by focsle
Sign me up!

Couldn't post on facebook.
Originally Posted by Darthspeed
I want one. Where do I get it ?
Originally Posted by VVTiBob
up to 20 now....have you signed up?
Originally Posted by scdroptop
Two for me...one for now and one for my last SC...imported Eternal Jewel? Pristine NM (maybe Vietprinces???) or 2007 PB??? Who knows. Or just a replacement if one dies.

I'm in for sure. Already on FB.
Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
Signed up for one
Originally Posted by VVTiBob
23 ....check it out. new posts!
SC430 Members, this is the last thread I'll close on the LuxLink group buy. After this I'll be forced to ban members who post about it... this is the fifth thread with the same issue and it cannot continue.

I sincerely don't want to do this and recognize how much you all want this product. However, you all also agreed to follow our forum rules when you joined Club Lexus including this one:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys, Bulk Sales and Gathering Interest Posts
Group Buys (GB) or bulk sales are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ posts for group buys or new products are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.
Simply pushing the group buy off the forum onto facebook and then still gathering interest for it on CL is the exact same issue.

Only our approved vendors can offer group buys on Club Lexus. These vendors pay each month to keep CL up and running FREE OF CHARGE to all of you. Steve at LMS used to do this but does not any longer... he can't run a GB here and he should not ask members to risk their forum accounts by posting it for him. It isn't fair to our current CL vendors or CL for you to do this either.

As I've asked several of you (some more than once), you can ask Steve to sign back up to be a forum sponsor or you can suggest an existing CL vendor work with him to carry this product and have them host the group buy.

This thread started off as a great discussion about a product but soon turned into yet another GB roll call with the posts I quoted above and is now closed. Please please please do not do this again.