SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Color combinations - rarity?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 03:52 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Wil44, your exhaust tips are nice! But those wheels are to kill for. Love the!! What are they called, who makes them and are they from your side or our side of the pond? And last but not least what size? She'll look sweet once you get her down.
Hi Eddy

I love my wheels too. Cannot remember what the are called, will check it out and let you know. I bought them from Scotland, found on Ebay. Not much choice in the UK, but I think they are perfect. They are probably made in China as they were not that expensive.
They are 8.5 x 19 and 10 x 19. The photo shows the labels from the boxes.
I will see if I can find the details and post the link for you. Time for bed now, almost midnight here.
Should have the Megans on in a few weeks and will post the install.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Color combinations - rarity?-dsc_1127a.jpg   Color combinations - rarity?-dsc_1433a.jpg  
Old 03-01-11, 05:06 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info. Hope you had a good night-night. Please do the picture thing after you get the megans on. I didn't go that route, I went with just the lowering springs. We both feel that it rides a lot better with the new springs. Can't wait for the tires to wear out so we can get new ones. I likes the tread that I see on your tires. What brand are they? How do you like them? Would you buy them again?
Old 03-01-11, 12:16 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Thanks for the info. Hope you had a good night-night. Please do the picture thing after you get the megans on. I didn't go that route, I went with just the lowering springs. We both feel that it rides a lot better with the new springs. Can't wait for the tires to wear out so we can get new ones. I likes the tread that I see on your tires. What brand are they? How do you like them? Would you buy them again?
Yes, good sleep thanks, it's almost time for another now.....
Where are you in the US, I see your message was at 5.06 am this morning???

My tyres (spelt in English) are Avon ZZT's. Only done about 1,000 miles on them, but very pleased with them (although anything is better than the RFT's).

I found the details of where I bought the wheels, but unfortunately the company, DP Motorsports have suffered some really bad feedback in the last couple of months and they have removed all there listings from Ebay.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-11, 04:54 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks WIL44, glad to hearthat you had a good night-night and now it's time for another. You ain't wrong about anything being better than a runflat. If I can get mine wore out. It's hard when it sits all winter in Pennsylvania on life support (battery tender) and I'm in Florida soaking up the warm weather. We brought too much stuff, and the SC just wouldn't handle the stuff. Maybe next year. As far as the 5:06 or whatever, I'm an early riser, have been for years, when I worked. Now that I'm not I just can't break the habit. Never heard of Avon tyres. To bad about DP Motorsports to cause I think I remember them on ebay. Better get going. Later
Old 03-01-11, 06:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sapherynth
So, it is a slow day at work today and I was just thinking, what are the rarest regular color combinations for the SC through its production (excluding the PB & NM editions).

When I was looking for an SC the saddle interior was a must and it was much harder to find than the ecru or black. I ended up purchasing a Midnight Pine Pearl & Saddle and I rarely see the same combo.

I think the strangest color is the Twilight Amethyst Pearl. It just seems to limit the appeal.

Any thoughts?

The Twilight Amethyst Pearl SC430 is featured on the first ever SC430 brochure in Canada and USA I believe, one of most beautiful Lexus paint ever in person
Old 03-01-11, 07:43 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Thanks WIL44, glad to hearthat you had a good night-night and now it's time for another. You ain't wrong about anything being better than a runflat. If I can get mine wore out. It's hard when it sits all winter in Pennsylvania on life support (battery tender) and I'm in Florida soaking up the warm weather. We brought too much stuff, and the SC just wouldn't handle the stuff. Maybe next year. As far as the 5:06 or whatever, I'm an early riser, have been for years, when I worked. Now that I'm not I just can't break the habit. Never heard of Avon tyres. To bad about DP Motorsports to cause I think I remember them on ebay. Better get going. Later
I am like you steadyeddy, I can not wait for the RFT to be done. I set it at 30 psi to give a little better ride. It is just rough. I have Pirelli Nero Zeros.
Old 03-02-11, 11:54 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Hi Eddy

Sorry, I said my tyres were ZZT's should have said ZZ3's.
Here's the link, but don't think they are available in the States.
www.avon-tyres.co.uk/car/zz3
Glad to hear you don't have to work anymore, when I eventually retire I will stay in bed till lunchtime.
Thanks for letting me know you are in Florida soaking up the sun while it's 3 degrees Centigrade here!!

Best Steve
Old 03-02-11, 03:02 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

WIL44 (Steve) 3 degrees centigrade is real warm, Right? lol I think you should be going night-night sooner. I think you're not getting enough sleep. lol Thanks for the info on the tyres. I think you are probably right about them not being available here in the states.

Later Ed
Old 03-02-11, 06:15 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by westrella1
... and these are examples of why it's rare to find TAPs out there. Wherever I go, I'm the only one around, & I quite like that. We can agree to disagree. If it's an acquired taste, then there's more for me.

Quite frankly, I like them all. But if you like yours, that's all that matters.
i actually really like Twilight Amethyst Pearl.. very unique.. looks good with any wheels color
Old 03-12-11, 12:12 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Thanks a lot. This is great. When you get another chance, please take some more pics.

I am trying to figure out what type of side repeater was installed. I actually installed side repeaters on my RX, too. For the RX330 I bought the side repeaters in Asia so I was sure it was the right lamp assy. Looking at this picture, they look the same as my RX330.

Thanks again.
Hi Mandyfig

Photo's you asked for, weather was better today so gave her a clean.

Sorry about the dodgy bloke in the reflection!!!
Difficult to hold the tape and take a photo, but the measurement from the top of the cill to the centre of the repeater is 13.5 inches.
Hope this helps.

Regards Steve
Attached Thumbnails Color combinations - rarity?-dsc_1576a.jpg   Color combinations - rarity?-dsc_1579a.jpg   Color combinations - rarity?-dsc_1578a.jpg  
Old 03-13-11, 11:04 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Absolutely great. Thanks a lot! I will be doing this DIY soon. But it means the bumper will need to be off and the whole headlamp. Unless I find a way to tap into the signals other than the front.

Need to do some research.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Last edited by mandyfig; 10-02-11 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-01-11, 06:20 PM
maninpaso
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amethyst

Originally Posted by westrella1
... and these are examples of why it's rare to find TAPs out there. Wherever I go, I'm the only one around, & I quite like that. We can agree to disagree. If it's an acquired taste, then there's more for me.

Quite frankly, I like them all. But if you like yours, that's all that matters.
Dang near everytime I drive my amethyst '03 I receive compliments on it.. I love this color. The only other color I love is the Tigereye, beautiful. To each our own, for sure.
Old 10-01-11, 10:09 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we drove about an hour to bonita springs to get the indigo ink pearl, around here they are usually silver, black, or red.
Old 10-07-11, 08:05 AM
DrawDog
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3p6

I just recently purchased an Indigo Ink Pear/Ecru with birdseye maple (matches the neck on my Telecaster;-) but my favorite is Twilight Amethyst Pearl (3P6). I've only seen one in person and the color was mesmerizing!
Old 10-07-11, 12:11 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my Twilight Amethyst Pearl (3P6) about 6 months ago. I have always been attracted to Burgundy coloured cars as they are extremely classy.

My apologies to those who have white, silver and (shudder) gold coloured vehicles but they are just too boring!

Next favourite would be the Indigo and Dark Green.

Quick Reply: Color combinations - rarity?