SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Would you buy a 2010???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-11, 06:11 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WoW.. Didnt expect so many replies so soon; was really excited/worried what you guys were to say.

Okay, let me rectify some things.

Firstly, the SC has 200KMs (124M) ONLY!! No thousands

Secondly, i didnt realise my location was still set to Colorado, i've relocated back to my home town on the other side of the world actually.. I'm currently situated in Doha, Qatar in the Middle East (The country which won the world cup bid for Fifa 2022 to any football guys out there - Im not one just thought i'd use the publicity).

Back to the SC.. Basically, only 9 SCs have been sold in Qatar from 2006 to date.. Only 1 2010 (Finale Edition - As my dealer refered to it) has been sold and shortly after (124M) traded back in for a new LX570.

I have spent yeeeeeaaars looking for a 2006 SC with no luck.. All people who have purchased the vehicle in Qatar seem to be uninterested in selling it (which is a good thing ). I always thought it was too expensive new and then this comes along which seems perfect. If i am honest, it is a little more than what i'd like to pay but for what it offers and availability of SCs here.. I feel its worth it, and you guys have verified my thoughts.

Options wise, the finale edition SC comes with all upgrades on US-Spec vehicles minus the new stereo head unit - The car has the same old tape player and no Ipod connection... Bummer i know. New nav, mirrors, wheels etc etc are all available though.

Reason i never looked at a pre-2006 is because ME-Spec SC's before 2006 did not offer Navigation and Mark Levinson audio PERIOD! I feel those are a necessity on Luxury cars. I also prefer the 6-Spd to the 5; whats nice about the 5-spd is you can modify the Torque Converter to High Stall Speed but the 6-spd is a nicer shifting transmission IMO.

I think ive got everything pretty much covered. Oh, lastly; the car is Black/Camel not Ecru.. I was mistaken

Lastly,
SCDROPTOP:- My mother drives an 06 LX470 Silver/Beige.. So thats available only it doesnt snow here .. @ summer temperatures reaching 120 (YES 120!!!) its quite the opposite.. As stated though, my daily driver is a Toyota Tundra which does quite well and performes superbly offroading on the weekends

76210GUY:- Your SC was exactly what i was looking for only 2006 (Same color combo and wheels - Since some 2006 models still featured the dinner plate wheels from factory).. Only one vehicle was sold in that color combo and it was an 06; never found it for sale though unfortunately

Great meeting you all and thanks for the help.. Truly appreciated. With all the positive replies, i think i will be picking up that SC as soon as this Tuesday or Wednesday.. Pics will follow ASAP

Moe
Old 03-05-11, 07:48 PM
jomo3640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the plunge, it's a new car and someone else paid the initial depreciation.
Old 03-05-11, 09:56 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok well that changes everything given the rarity of the car where you are and with that very low milage def. get the car. Its still under warranty and you wont need to mess with mods since it would be harder for you to get these parts.

Do it!
Old 03-06-11, 05:43 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Thats what i was thinking...

Regarding mods, i am in the US quite frequently, i can simply purchase all the parts i need and put them on a shipping crate for less than $1000.. So thats no issue either.

I have started the financing paperwork today. Should be taking delivery by Wednesday max.

Moe
Old 03-06-11, 06:22 AM
jomo3640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even better that it is black/saddle
When I was buying mine, it was down to a 2007 black/saddle and a 2006 black camel, and my wife insisted on the saddle, even though it was several $ more (about the same miles <15K).
The first thing that anyone comments about is the saddle colored interior
Old 03-06-11, 06:53 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Can not wait for the pics!
Old 03-06-11, 07:38 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep....go for it. Jump on it quick. Put a refundable deposit to hold it while you get it checked out and financing/money lined up so you don't lose. Different story that you are NOT in Co. You shoulda mentioned that. The rules for exclusivity is different. Another member from UAE was on here and faced similar exclusivity.

mmmmmmmmm maybe I need to start an export business?????
Old 03-06-11, 09:54 AM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Wasn't there a mention in another thread about 2010 Lexus SC430 being the last vehicle on Earth to have a cassette player, according the NY Times.... maybe we found it in the U.A.E.
Old 03-06-11, 01:48 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Wasn't there a mention in another thread about 2010 Lexus SC430 being the last vehicle on Earth to have a cassette player, according the NY Times.... maybe we found it in the U.A.E.
Hahaha... I replied to that thread, my bro drives a 2011 200-series Landcruiser which has a cassette deck standard

Pics will follow very soon...

Thanks for the advice guys... Trully appreciated

Moe
Old 03-06-11, 01:56 PM
VVTiBob

Congratulations on your pending purchase...I think we're all a little jealous of your good fortune! Except for that cassette deck .... Maybe you should inquire with the dealer about upgrading the headend to the North American version as part of the deal, and loose the useless deck.
Old 03-06-11, 03:03 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Congratulations on your pending purchase...I think we're all a little jealous of your good fortune! Except for that cassette deck .... Maybe you should inquire with the dealer about upgrading the headend to the North American version as part of the deal, and loose the useless deck.
That would certainly be awesome but it's a no can do ...

Issue is with American head units in the middle east is that radios don't work properly... American radio channels all end on an odd number e.g COs KS1075 is 107.5.. In Qatar, Radio 1 is on 92.6.. An American radio wool allow for 92.5 or 92.7; you cannot locate 92.6 because it will skip even numbers.

What I would want however is that USB connection for IPOD integration. Heck I have that on my Tundra but won't on a Luxo con. Bummer
Old 03-06-11, 03:16 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I test drove cars in that price range to see what I may get down the road, I never buy new. Audi has the A5, Volvo has the C70, Infiniti with the G37, and BMW offers the 6 series and the M3. The Audi and Volvo are both more than a full second slower to 60, and none of the cars have a comparable interior. I was really amazed how much plastic the Germans throw at you for 60K.

Where the SC430 really kicks butt, is long term durability. Of all the cars I listed, the one I really like is the M3, but four years old, with the treatment they get, you can not use them as daily drivers. I could not see spending 50K on the Lexus, when you can get one that looks almost identical, pretty much problem free for less than half the price.

I paid less for my Caddy, and SC used than I would of paid for a new SC. Very happy with my decision, I have two cars that will be fun to drive for the next ten years.
Old 03-06-11, 05:18 PM
VVTiBob

Wonder if the European or Australian models would tune the radios properly?
Old 03-06-11, 09:17 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Wonder if the European or Australian models would tune the radios properly?

Dunno about the Australian models but the European certainly do. I have been in several cars in Europe and recall radio stations ending with even numbers.. How difficult would it be allocating a unit from Europe though, SCs seem rare there too

Guess ill just have to live with it; ill stick to an FM transmitter
Old 03-06-11, 09:52 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can hook up your ipod with an aux cable if you get an SLU thats what I did...well actually I have an SLU and a NAVTOOL which also gives me a back up camera and my WDTV which lets me play music and video from a portable hard drive.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a 2010???