SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Got my Megan EZs! DIY coming

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 05:03 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That a boy!!! Rub it in to these poor guys without their coilovers. You're sorry you got the last ones. Right!!! You're smiling from ear to ear on the inside aren't you? I see you must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Sleepy head! lol
Like they say timing is everything!!!! You should always be first in line. You never know how many they have.
This is where the hate comes in that was talked about in another thread. They just hate to wait. They hate it when someone has it first. they hate that they missed the last one. And it goes on and on. Don't forget the pictures before and after.
Hey have a nice lunch. I'm thinking about what to have for breakfast. lol
Old 03-16-11, 08:06 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WIL44
Sorry guys. I wasn't aware mine were one of the last. Hope I have not upset anybody, but feeling pretty smug really

haha! we all give you a E-MiddleFinger
Old 03-16-11, 08:42 AM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
If you're in LA talk to a guy named Tommy at MusicBox (626.823.2853). He installed my coilovers (and many other members') for $200. He did a perfect job.
Darn I am in SF bay area. Thanks though.
Old 03-16-11, 10:23 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
haha! we all give you a E-MiddleFinger
lovin it, is there a Smiley for that?
Old 03-16-11, 10:26 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
That a boy!!! Rub it in to these poor guys without their coilovers. You're sorry you got the last ones. Right!!! You're smiling from ear to ear on the inside aren't you? I see you must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Sleepy head! lol
Like they say timing is everything!!!! You should always be first in line. You never know how many they have.
This is where the hate comes in that was talked about in another thread. They just hate to wait. They hate it when someone has it first. they hate that they missed the last one. And it goes on and on. Don't forget the pictures before and after.
Hey have a nice lunch. I'm thinking about what to have for breakfast. lol
Feeling really guilty Eddy, not!!!

On the way home for Dinner now, what's for lunch?
Old 03-17-11, 12:49 PM
WIL44
Instructor

For the initial setting of the coilover heights, I would try 1-1/2" less than the OEM lengths and make sure the pre-tension on the springs is set to zero. Mine were set at zero out of the box, but you need to verify.

Hi Poqman

Could I ask you to explain what the pre-tension of the springs is and how it is adjusted please?
I am aware of the height and ride adjustments, is the pre-tension something else?

Regards

Steve
Old 03-17-11, 01:14 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Could I ask you to explain what the pre-tension of the springs is and how it is adjusted please?
I am aware of the height and ride adjustments, is the pre-tension something else?
Megan does a better job than I could at their website. Go to http://www.meganracing.com/tech/installations.asp I read all their instructions before starting and it was very informative.
Old 03-17-11, 01:34 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poqman
Megan does a better job than I could at their website. Go to http://www.meganracing.com/tech/installations.asp I read all their instructions before starting and it was very informative.
Thanks Poqman, brilliant. I will go there right now.
Old 03-17-11, 01:52 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poqman
Easy when you know how, thanks.
Old 03-17-11, 02:41 PM
tentoys
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank goodess for the online directions. the directions that come in the box are by someone who failed "english as a second language."
Old 03-18-11, 03:32 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Wil44 well it's real late Friday, do you have them on yet? lol What are you waiting for? You shouldn't be looking at the forum, you should be burning the midnight oil. lol I take it you paid your electric bill for this month. lol Oh yeah that's right you pay the "other" electric company, not mine. Hope everything is going smooth. Actually I hope you are getting a good nights sleep so you can work harder and faster tomorrow morning.
Work safe, and Take Care don't forget the pictures.
Old 03-18-11, 04:58 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Wil44 well it's real late Friday, do you have them on yet? lol What are you waiting for? You shouldn't be looking at the forum, you should be burning the midnight oil. lol I take it you paid your electric bill for this month. lol Oh yeah that's right you pay the "other" electric company, not mine. Hope everything is going smooth. Actually I hope you are getting a good nights sleep so you can work harder and faster tomorrow morning.
Work safe, and Take Care don't forget the pictures.
Thanks Steady

Yep, time for bed.
Shame I have to wait for the weekend, as yours is permanent!!!
Heaters on in the garage(using the 'other' electricity) and all prepared. hopefully I will be well on the way by the time you get up!!

Best Steve
Old 03-19-11, 01:54 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Well guys, the front is done and the boot/trunk stripped out for the rears tomorrow.
Loads of pictures to come and a lot of tips for others about to go 'Megan'.

All the info I gleaned from this forum made it so much easier. I am no fool around car mechanicals, but it's great when other peoples advice helps so much.

Thank you all on the forum for your endless knowledge and help.

I must say I am completely kn....kered now and hope the old bones recover for tomorrow.

Best regards

Steve
Old 03-19-11, 06:08 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Glad to hear the first day went so well!!! Now go night-night and get ready for tomorrow.
Old 03-19-11, 09:58 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet man!! Always feel good to mod a car yourself. Definately take lots of pics and info. Best of luck in the morning!

Quick Reply: Got my Megan EZs! DIY coming