SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Disappointing some people are on some forums...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-11, 05:58 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disappointing some people are on some forums...

Prior to purchasing the SC, I was considering one of the higher end Mustangs, either a Shelby GT500 or a Roush 5XR.. I was leaning towards the Roush which made me join a Roush forum and post a thread asking for advice..

It all went sweet until i bought an SC which happened to be a car I really wanted for so long but never had the choice of purchasing.. When i broke the news; i was surprized at the way some members responded...

How on earth do they consider an SC ricer; especially in stock form??!!!

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/2010-r...y-gt500-5.html
Old 03-18-11, 06:44 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Screw them... Smh at the everything Japanese is rice comment. Idiots..
Old 03-18-11, 07:37 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a lot of avid American car fans. Doesn't phase me too much...I have what I like, they have what they like.
Old 03-18-11, 08:11 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

LOL I read their comments, and these are some of the details I picked up:

Forum name: fnsweet??? No need to comment on that.

Member names: Fergie016 with an avatar of a woman in a bikini (who is not fergie)

LIracer-who accused you of being a "ricer" then saying he "got your panties in a twist" seems like a really classy individual, especially since he touts his vehicle as a Stage 3 JDM (which I doubt he even knows that it stands for Japanese-Domestic-Market)!!!! LOL isn't that ironic???? I don't get this guy "Bruce" But...he has major street cred on this forum becuase he is a "roushzilla"

Lastly, these folks have been members for a little over a year...not sure how old the forum is but seems like a start up forum. They have 6445 members with two moderators/administrators.

Interesting.
Old 03-18-11, 08:17 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Different strokes for different folks.. I love my SC. Hardtop convertible, luxurious, classy.. what else can you ask for?
Old 03-18-11, 08:21 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing and went to S2k forums and got some haters too.
I just learn that don't brag or talk about "other brand" cars out there that does not belong to the forums. They will tell everything what they hate about it and start a thread war.
Old 03-18-11, 08:27 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
LOL I read their comments, and these are some of the details I picked up:

Forum name: fnsweet??? No need to comment on that.

Member names: Fergie016 with an avatar of a woman in a bikini (who is not fergie)

LIracer-who accused you of being a "ricer" then saying he "got your panties in a twist" seems like a really classy individual, especially since he touts his vehicle as a Stage 3 JDM (which I doubt he even knows that it stands for Japanese-Domestic-Market)!!!! LOL isn't that ironic???? I don't get this guy "Bruce" But...he has major street cred on this forum becuase he is a "roushzilla"

Lastly, these folks have been members for a little over a year...not sure how old the forum is but seems like a start up forum. They have 6445 members with two moderators/administrators.

Interesting.
i think he means it as a joke, it says stage 3, but jdm stage 6 like the ricers always say they have the stage 8 blah blah....those guys are retarded,.
Old 03-18-11, 09:01 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol their responses and mentality doesn’t surprise me what a joke and bunch of clowns...SC430 is gorgeous and I would choose that beautiful machine then any stang. Congrats on the SC
Old 03-19-11, 01:50 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Hi Guys
When I was looking to buy a car. Last year I was looking at a 2003 SL 500 nice car. That night I went on the Mer. forum read about all the problems and decided to keep looking wasn't the first SL I owned. Went back the next day I saw this car sitting there with the top down and asked what it was, they told me a 2002 Lexus
430SC. I said now thats me. Went home came on this forum, found out all about this car. Went back in the morning test drove it gave them a check and the rest is history.
Regards
Old 03-19-11, 04:29 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL.. Okay not I feel a lot better sharing my story with fellow Lexus fans..

A major factor that drew me away from the Mustang was the 'Ricey' image associated with owning a Mustang almost anywhere in the world.. Then when I purchase a top notch Luxo Touring Convertable with relatively modern engineering techniques, I get accused of being Ricey by a bunch of people who roll their sports cars on a rear live axels? I honestly don't usually allow these things to bother me but what happened on the forum was plain ignorance and damn right rude!

SCDROPTOP.. LooooooooL; seriously wtf are they thinking.. GT agree with MDSC though; I think LIRacer was kidding about JDM because his vehicle is a Stage 3 Roush hammer.. Certainly made me laugh though

I am relatively new to this Forum but on TundraSolutions and any most other forum I've been on; that level of stupidity is non-existant.. We get people asking about the Tundra and buying a Ford or GM truck which is (In our opinion @ least) of no comparison to the mighty Tundra.. We all however congratulate him and wish him luck; we tend to point out any pros in his choice trying to skip the cons in order of motivating the individual because at the end of the day, to each his own and one must respect another's choice nomatter what your personal opinion is.

Very sad but I'm sorry to say its what you get considering purchasing a Mustang

I still like Roush offerings and think they are great vehicles even with their ancient engineering.. I just love the SC and Toy/Lex in general to much to drive anything else.. I'm sure many others on here would agree
Old 03-19-11, 07:52 AM
Kristi
Driver School Candidate

LOL most mustang owners are douches...
Old 03-19-11, 08:15 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

when i think mustang, i think redneck. there were a couple in that thread. i think that first guy meant "ricer" in a racist sort of way. but it seemed like an equal number were cool.
Old 03-19-11, 08:51 AM
xl8rguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
when i think mustang, i think redneck. there were a couple in that thread. i think that first guy meant "ricer" in a racist sort of way. but it seemed like an equal number were cool.
I agree 100%. To me, Mustangs are ok but you have to consider the level of sophistication of a Lexus owner vs. a Ford owner (Ford...LOL!). Anytime I've seen a Mustang on the road, it's driven by some kid who has his windows, music blaring, and flying down the road. You certainly don't see that in a Lexus driver. Also, I'm pretty confident that an SC owner gets a lot more "Man, love your car" comments than someone in a Mustang.

I love pulling up next to someone in a Mustang (or someone with a tricked-out Honda, for that matter) and just kinda toy with them like I'm going to attempt to race them. Then when the light turns green they gun it, go flying down the road and I just casually drive off (as a sophisticated car owner would do). They look like such fools...haha!!
Old 03-19-11, 09:19 AM
tentoys
Rookie

Prior to buying the SC we had a MB 280SLK. Loved the car but had it in the shop 4 times the 1st year so we traded for the SC. I bowed out of the MB forum and drew a few intelligent responses. However, those were far outweighed by snide and derogatory comments...as if I was betraying them. I often wonder why people are so critical of what other people like.
Old 03-19-11, 09:46 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tentoys
I often wonder why people are so critical of what other people like.
Insecurity. I had an SLK too before my SC. Worst car I'd ever owner. It cost me over $5,000 in repairs the two years I had it. I've never seen anyone on here bash someone for buying a different car. But very few people on here get rid of their SC.

Quick Reply: Disappointing some people are on some forums...