SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-11, 08:44 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No i want the rear quarters up not down...they arlready go down automatically which is what I do not want. I want the reduced air noise in the cabin...also want to know how the whote remote start works.
Old 03-20-11, 09:18 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

To remote-start...

Press "unlock-lock-lock" on the key fob. Then the car will start (and the doors will be locked).

Once the LuxLink has remote started the car, the buttons on the key fob are locked out so, you need to use the key to unlock the car.

What I do is "unlock-lock-lock" (pause 1 full second) "unlock". Then the car will start with it UNlocked.

Once the car is running (without a key in it) and you want to drive away, simply get in the car, put the key in the ignition, turn the key to the third position (OFF is the 1st, ACC is 2nd, ON is 3rd, START is 4th), step on the brake (this disconnects the LuxLink's control over the ignition - and you have to step on the brake to get it out of Park anyway), put the car in gear, drive away.

If you don't have a key in the ignition when you step on the brake, the car shuts off.
Old 03-20-11, 09:48 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Habious and I go through the same routine. When I get to where I'm going (top down)-you then press the top closed button twice--remove the key and walk away while your SC closes up. That is when you get all the looks and comments-VERY IMPRESSIVE!

John
Old 03-20-11, 10:29 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Awesome now just need to know about keeping the 1/4s up, everything else sounds good
Old 03-20-11, 11:09 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

I hope it comes with dummy instructions or a to go card guide since I'm going to forget all this while I'm in the car.
Old 03-20-11, 11:42 AM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solman
Habious and I go through the same routine. When I get to where I'm going (top down)-you then press the top closed button twice--remove the key and walk away while your SC closes up. That is when you get all the looks and comments-VERY IMPRESSIVE!

John
Hi John,

As of right now, I am not inclined to buy a LuxLink since I only put the top down ~3 - 4 times a year; it does rain here in Oregon.

But I think I'll call Steve on Monday and talk to him; it might just be a good selling point when & if the day comes.

Now a question: I have the 1/4 window mod ( I had it done last summer ) so:

1. What version, type, etc of LuxLink would I order?

2. Will my current 1/4 window mod work with a LuxLink?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I think that this info might be of interest to others who already have the 1/4 window mod ( I hope ).
Old 03-20-11, 02:25 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Hi Jerry,

It was great to see you when you were in town. Good that the twins could see each other=white gold/ecru!

The rear quarter mod you did should be unaffected by luxlink.

Their is only one model of luxlink now. Early on their was a different model that could not do all the things this model does.

I'm not sure I would buy luxlink if I used the roof as rarely as you do.

We rarely get rain here, so my current rule is to not take the SC in the rain. Whenever its over 70, the top goes down. I'm probably a good example of the reliability of the luxlink, since mine is used nearly everyday. On top of that you can't get a more friendly and knowledgeable guy than Steve. He not only invented luxlink, but you be hardpressed to find someone who knows more about the SC 430 than he does. BTW, the first time I met Steve was 2 weeks after buying my SC 430, 3 years ago-been going back to him ever since for all my mods. I feel fortunate to live only 30 miles from him.

John
Old 03-20-11, 09:04 PM
gentouru
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I install luxlink, will the top down / up button work the same as before. I think it is nice to be able to stop the open / close transition for safety reasons.
Old 03-20-11, 09:32 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

I would think a great selling feature right now is the shock sensor and the remote start even if your not dropping the top so much.
Old 03-21-11, 03:04 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The top switch will still work the same way as before if you want to press it and hold it till it completes the cycle. OR you can double tap it and not have to sit there and hold it
Old 03-21-11, 06:12 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

And, to add to what Mr. Blister said above...

Not only does the LuxLink let you double-click the top button to raise/lower the top, but it also holds the ignition on while it does it so, you can...

- Pull up to a parking space
- Put the car in park
- Double-click the "Close" button on the top
- Turn ingition key to "Off" and remote key
- Open door
- Get out of the car
- Press the lock button on the door
- Close door
- Walk away

Meanwhile, while all of that it going on, the car is still running, the top is still going up.

Once the cycle completes...the top is up and the windows are rolled up...the car will shut off, all locked up.

I do this all the time. More than once have had someone tell me "Hey, your car is still running" - "Oh, it shuts off."

Smooth!...like Keith Stone!
Old 03-21-11, 08:03 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

thats so boss
Old 03-21-11, 08:04 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

sweeeeeeeeeet! I am definately in for one. I am still kind of scared about doing this install on my own.
Old 03-21-11, 08:06 AM
gentouru
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
And, to add to what Mr. Blister said above...

Smooth!...like Keith Stone!
Dude, that is awesome
Old 03-21-11, 09:31 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryB
Hi John,

As of right now, I am not inclined to buy a LuxLink since I only put the top down ~3 - 4 times a year; it does rain here in Oregon.

But I think I'll call Steve on Monday and talk to him; it might just be a good selling point when & if the day comes.

Now a question: I have the 1/4 window mod ( I had it done last summer ) so:

1. What version, type, etc of LuxLink would I order?

2. Will my current 1/4 window mod work with a LuxLink?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I think that this info might be of interest to others who already have the 1/4 window mod ( I hope ).
Hello Jerry B.,

How, where and how much did you get your 1/4 panel mod? This is the mod where you are able to raise the 1/4 panel window up with the top down right?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?