SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 06:11 AM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LuxLink remote SC 4300 roof

I fiited this myself and find that it works most time when I wish to open the roof. There sis no need to solder anything, just tap into the exising loom where indicated with the squeeze and lock connectors. However, it will not close the roof. Perhaps I am not pressing the key fob button long enough? Also, the rear windows cannot be lowered independently.

I anyone knows of a reliable system to open and close the roof and open the rear windows, please tell me and I will buy it immediately
Old 11-25-12, 11:30 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 107 Posts

While I do not have the LuxLink system in my SC430, the properly installed LuxLink will close the top. My first suggestion would be to go back and check all your connections and verify you have the correct vehicle wires. The second suggestion would be to properly solder and insulate each of the connections as per the install guide provided with the system. T-Taps and ScotchLocks do not provide long term reliable connections, soldering does.

A question : Does pressing the factory top button twice ( open or close ) perform the chosen task? That would indicate that the LuxLink is working properly and you have made connections to the correct vehicle wires. If that works, then the problem is your FOB button press sequence / timing. If either direction fails, recheck your wiring.

There are other ways to achieve the remote start, remote top and 1/4 window control besides the LuxLink system. I used a Viper remote start system to provide the remote start & top control but it uses separate FOB's that provide 2 way confirmation and greater range. Here is the link that gives the basics of that remote start & top control installation : http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ID~131859~PN~1 You may not be able to obtain these parts in Spain.

The LuxLink system is a very nice, well designed, reliable unit. Being as you already have it, I think with a little wire connection verification, soldering and factory FOB button pressing practice, it will give you full and reliable operation.

Last edited by FlopTop04; 11-25-12 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-02-12, 08:51 AM
murrlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know somewhere in the Washington, DC area that will install a Luxlink system or something like it?

Thanks