SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Anyone changed their interior completely ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 09:24 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone changed their interior completely ?

I really REALLY like the SC430 red seats with the blackwood. It goes so well with black exterior. I know there are a lot of crazy people on here(mean it in a good way) that would/could/have done it already. Heck if people can spend 10k-20k on stereo what does a few more $$ matter right?

The only way I can possibly even remotely come close to to doing this without getting divorce papers from my wife is..

1) By luck(i mean extreme luck) find a wrecked SC430 in a junk yard that SO HAPPENED to have the red interior/blackwood and pay a fraction of what it would cost me from a dealer.

2) Find someone who has this combo and willing to trade with my ecru + money on top for labor/hassle etc. * i really doubt this but I can dream can't I!*

I am suspecting if I get everything new from the dealer it would cost me 5k-7k?
Old 03-24-11, 10:02 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope you signed a prenuptial agreement.
Old 03-24-11, 10:22 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
I hope you signed a prenuptial agreement.
LOL. ummm
Old 03-24-11, 11:36 AM
Bon
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SystemShok
I am suspecting if I get everything new from the dealer it would cost me 5k-7k?
Much, much more. Heck, just four new headrests, on a good day, will set you back nearly $2,000 alone; and the dealer list is over $3,000. The front two seats will cost the same and we haven't touched the back seat, console or doors yet. I'll guess it'll be closer to $13,000 new for parts with good prices.
Old 03-24-11, 11:42 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by Bon
I'll guess it'll be closer to $13,000 new for parts with good prices.

Old 03-24-11, 12:01 PM
T8LEX
Driver

yea i think your best bet is going to be to take your stock seats and just get the leather redone!!!
Old 03-24-11, 12:18 PM
Sapherynth
Driver

IMHO I think you should look for the red interior SC, buy it and sell your ecru int one (or trade). It will end up being cheaper and less of a in and out of the shop hassle in the long run, even if you have to pay more for the new SC.

Now let's say you wanted to do a color or style different from stock like Ice's center inserts or Turboo's then start up saving LOTS of $$$$$ :-D.

It scares me to think about how much a total car modification like Ice's costs. Ice, I don't want to know!

Last edited by Sapherynth; 03-24-11 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-24-11, 12:37 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by T8LEX
yea i think your best bet is going to be to take your stock seats and just get the leather redone!!!
That is an option but I also have to change out the maple wood to the blackwood because its not going to look right with red seats/maple wood.

I remember when I was lurking around CL some time ago there was a vendor who did leather upholstery work.... can't remember the company's name now
Old 03-24-11, 12:39 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by Sapherynth
IMHO I think you should look for the red interior SC, buy it and sell your ecru int one (or trade). It will end up being cheaper and less of a in and out of the shop hassle in the long run, even if you have to pay more for the new SC.

Now let's say you wanted to do a color or style different from stock like Ice's center inserts or Turboo's then start up saving LOTS of $$$$$ :-D.

It scares me to think about how much a total car modification like Ice's costs. Ice, I don't want to know!

Ice's car is out of my league man !

Your idea of find a black/red sc430 and just buying that then sell mine is a good idea.

Btw, whose that car with the black/red seats ? Is he on this forum?
Old 03-24-11, 01:05 PM
Kristi
Driver School Candidate

I am looking for just the black wood grain

I have been searching the internet and all that I find is the normal wood colors
Old 03-24-11, 01:15 PM
Sapherynth
Driver

Originally Posted by SystemShok
Ice's car is out of my league man !

Your idea of find a black/red sc430 and just buying that then sell mine is a good idea.

Btw, whose that car with the black/red seats ? Is he on this forum?
Yes, at least he was at some point. His car has a awesome paint job (my husband disagrees ). He (Turboo) posts a bunch of pics in Scdroptops fantastic tread about the Special Edition SCs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-thread-3.html
Old 03-24-11, 03:52 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

just change the color. period. dont look for a wrecked car, etc. companies like katzkin etc you can call reps and get a nice kit for 1000. its an easy replacement and you can actually do it yourself. the zippers in the back allow you to easily remove and replace.
then REMEMBER, you can sell your old leather to someone... like you... for about what you spent in custom leather or maybe more. check out my car, you have no idea how much was free because of me selling my exisiting parts. speakers, head unit, amp, original wheels and tires, etc etc etc...
consider it
Old 03-25-11, 07:33 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by Sapherynth
Yes, at least he was at some point. His car has a awesome paint job (my husband disagrees ). He (Turboo) posts a bunch of pics in Scdroptops fantastic tread about the Special Edition SCs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-thread-3.html
Very nice paint job indeed !! Thanks for the link ! The 2 tone is a good idea for the interior... maybe i should do 2 tone ecru with black down the middle?
Old 03-25-11, 07:37 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by langsdale
just change the color. period. dont look for a wrecked car, etc. companies like katzkin etc you can call reps and get a nice kit for 1000. its an easy replacement and you can actually do it yourself. the zippers in the back allow you to easily remove and replace.
then REMEMBER, you can sell your old leather to someone... like you... for about what you spent in custom leather or maybe more. check out my car, you have no idea how much was free because of me selling my exisiting parts. speakers, head unit, amp, original wheels and tires, etc etc etc...
consider it

You do make a really logical point. Cant believe i never thought about this.
Old 03-25-11, 08:29 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I found my interior is just great & I will never modify it. I was sold by the sc430 interior than the exterior.

I don't find that SC with the black & red looks good at all.......can't find any luxury in it. Maybe its only me that don't like that black-red interior & two tone exterior
Attached Thumbnails Anyone changed their interior completely ?-lexus-sc430_pebble_beach_edition_2004_1024x768_wallpaper_0d.jpg   Anyone changed their interior completely ?-2009-lexus-sc-430-pebble-beach-edition-interior.jpg  

Last edited by grabber2; 03-25-11 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone changed their interior completely ?