SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: Will you be attending the Dallas meet on 05/07?
Yes
81.82%
No
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

RFDSM - Request For Dallas Spring Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-11, 11:58 AM
darnot10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
My car is probably the most modded out of DFW regular group. Texas83 has the luxlink which I don't have (yet) and LSin75075 has the megan coilovers too and some nice TRD wheels on his. Don't forget about LSin75075 he's in Frisco.

Just my two cents, but maybe Addison off the Tollway/Beltlline would be good??? Lots of places to eat, centrally located, etc. Maybe this would get a greater draw from our southerners!

Texas83-come show off your Luxlink!!! We want to see it

Plano Bill??? You out there?

Sean (Lexus!!!) will come if I tell him on personal e-mail. We need a mailing list/distribution list.
I'm in except for the weekend of the 30th. I live in Frisco as well.
Darrin aka darnot
Old 04-12-11, 01:23 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Take lots of pics when this happens! With faces we can put cars on.
Old 04-12-11, 04:59 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Will do!!!
Old 04-12-11, 06:31 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This DFW thing is taking off.. Include me in if the date is right.
Old 04-12-11, 07:45 PM
darnot10
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
That should be interesting as long as someone doesn't do any photoshopping like that one photo from a few months ago! That was hilarious.
dnot
Old 04-12-11, 07:54 PM
mandyfig

Jealous about your meet. Gotta get one started. VIPNiSS where are you?
Old 04-12-11, 11:44 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...unfortunately both of those weekends I'll be working on saturday,but I may see if I can take off.Also SCdrop,have you seen Gottagitmines 430..man it's on another level !!! I think he might have the most mods in the dfw...no mods here,other than speaker replacements.
Old 04-13-11, 10:24 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...unfortunately both of those weekends I'll be working on saturday,but I may see if I can take off.Also SCdrop,have you seen Gottagitmines 430..man it's on another level !!! I think he might have the most mods in the dfw...no mods here,other than speaker replacements.
Nope...totally forgot about gottagitmines being in DFW! He has me beat for sure!!!! If we had stages, he would be like a stage III and I would be stage II for sure or I. No body kit for me (yet), although I'd love one. No exhaust mods. Injen intake sitting on workbench looking at me smiling!
Old 04-13-11, 01:17 PM
mandyfig

Come on, install the injen and let us know.
Old 04-13-11, 05:15 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Thanks SCDropTop for the private message, I hadn't even seen this thread!

I didn't realize the Luxlink was so rare, I've had mine in for 4 years and can not imagine the car without it. As amazing as the SC looks, the automatic top alwaysssss turns heads, especially when you walk away from the car, the music is still playing and the car closes the top and windows and turns itself off. I get atleast 2 bat-mobile references every month.

I'm in to meet, although my car is in disarray. Recently have 2 new door dings and my leather seats are in bad shape, but i'll come show off the Luxlink. I'm warning you now you're gonna be jealous! I'm ok with either date. Just made a doodle poll or something and let me know here, i'll subscribe.
Old 04-14-11, 07:46 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...hey guys just another suggestion also...why don't we shoot for something on a regular bases also,like every other month or so ???...it may work out for those(like me) that can't make it out on some dates and we can discuss or do DIY projects...just a thought
Old 04-14-11, 10:32 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Since this is a local DFW thread - I'm looking for some help. I have the ecru leather and am going to attempt to 1) fix a small rip in my driver's seat and 2) paint the arm rest and drivers seat. I've got all the SEM paint, primer, adhesive, etc. Wanted to see if any of ya'll were experienced with this? I tried to do the arm rest once but always end up with a sub-par job. If you're interested in meeting up and trying to do this with me, shoot me a message. Unlimited drinks and lunch on me!
Old 04-14-11, 02:41 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Texas83-I would just pay Sewell to do. It's worth it, trust me. The time, the perfect materials, etc etc. It will last longer too than DIY. The best thread we have is by AZKaty where her husband Bob did his Ecru-there's a great write up.

I had a 02 red/ecru and had my drivers seat done twice at Sewell. Talk to Sarah Cockburn in Service. She's great! It's reasonable to have done and you get a loaner car, don't have to worry about screwing it up and it lasts for a long time. The reality is that with ecru you always will have to touch it up because it's so light. PM me or e-mail me at sheada74@verizon.net if you want to chat more about it. I'd be glad to help.

I've watched them do mine in the back and it's pretty labor intensive. The sanding, the cleaning/stripping, the re-spraying and the sealing is all done with top notch material and when they are done your seats look BRAND NEW...like magic. When I first bought my 02 the seats were all cracked and nasty looking...4 hours later they were like no one ever sat in them. I can't remember how much...might have been $150 or so???
Old 04-14-11, 02:49 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
I'm in to meet, although my car is in disarray. Recently have 2 new door dings and my leather seats are in bad shape, but i'll come show off the Luxlink.
Fear not -- I have more door dings, scratches, and a driver's seat that is in worse shape, and it's saddle, so a color match won't be a piece of cake like it will with your ecru.

This has had a great response! The only other person I haven't seen here from is Harold57 (I'll PM him). Derek, what is "Plano Bill"s ID? Would you send him a PM?

Time to nail down a date.
Huy's post gave us a start:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6288879-post3.html

Dates are Saturday, 04/30 or 05/07.
Would a Sunday option be worse for some (to accommodate those who can't make it Saturday without changing plans)? If it was Sunday, 05/08, someone could buy me a beer for my birthday.

I really like Brick House Tavern (SE Park & Preston) in Plano. Lots of parking space to consolidate the wares, and a covered and open (air) bar. Closer to Addison, Jake's (5505 Belt Line, Dallas) has a huge patio and usually lots of available parking during the day. I could also talk to the manager tomorrow about a setup for us.

Tons of other options, and I'd like to be considerate to those that are mostly E & W of downtown. Uptown?
Your input is requested.
Old 04-14-11, 03:08 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I took it to Sewell, and they eyeballed it and said it would be around $600 bucks to do the interior! Doesn't sound like that much but I figure I can try it myself and spend 10% of that on materials.

If it was $150 - $300 I would've been sold, but $300+ encourages me to give it a shot myself. I did the arm rest and it looked great, but I didn't use the adhesive and it started flaking on me.

Quick Reply: RFDSM - Request For Dallas Spring Meet