Search this Thread

Old 04-05-18, 11:39 PM
ohRiley
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Roho
I don' believe you, sorry,.
It didn't happen if there are no pictures.
Hate to post this ugly photo from the dealer lot but I can't have my good name besmirched by Roho . I'll post better pics of my new baby when it stops raining outside. Enjoy!
Old 04-06-18, 05:59 AM
Roho
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice and welcome!
please keep us posted when you personalise your car. You'l learn alot in here, good crowd.
Don' keep all the rain up there, send some down So.Cal. we need some.
Enjoy your ride!
Old 04-07-18, 08:59 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Looks nice Nancy. Welcome back and congratulations on your acquisition. That was a good find!
Old 04-15-18, 01:53 PM
Roho
Rookie

Does this forum have bumper stickers?
if so, where do I get them?
before I get blasted, I tried the search button already and no luck.
Old 04-27-18, 09:46 AM
ehill520
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2003 sc430

Old 04-27-18, 06:11 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Roho
Does this forum have bumper stickers?
if so, where do I get them?
before I get blasted, I tried the search button already and no luck.
....actually there is a Club Lexus sticker.......it's sized more for the back glass or windshield, but could be put anywhere. I would check with the moderators to see if there are any available. There once was a sticky that you could request them
Old 04-27-18, 06:37 PM
Roho
Rookie

Originally Posted by ehill520

very nice! I like the stance, what's your supension? I am planning on lowering mine but have not decided how yet.
Old 05-11-18, 12:29 PM
maarp
Pole Position

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I posted a month or so ago getting a white 2002. As it turns out, luckily that deal fell through. I ended up getting this one-owner, Lexus-serviced, 74K mile example in Florida. Drove it home to Ontario, got in yesterday.

A few impressions...

The steering is quite heavy, especially at parking lot speeds, but it seems appropriately weighted on the highway. Little feedback, which is not a surprise with a Lexus. Somewhat more surprising, however, is that it handles quite well. You can feel its weight, but running US 220 through VA was a blast. There is about a stretch of road there, maybe 30 miles south of Roanoke, that has curves with tipover warnings for trucks...60mph limit, but these are labelled as maximum of 40. Where most everyone else was slowing down, I sailed through at 60+ with no problem at all.

I also found out, when I was nearly home, that this car is faster than you think. A highway merges from the left just outside of Hamilton, and I was in stop-and-stop traffic in the left lane. Well, there was a gap in the merging lane opened up, so I gunned it. Glad I had both hands on the wheel - this thing just took off! First V8 I've ever owned, and by far the fastest car.

The interior is all Lexus...leather, deep carpet, everything opens on dampers. When you start the car, there is a brief V8 snarl audible, but it only lasts a second, almost as if the car is embarrassed to have made such an extroverted sound. I noticed a little wind noise at the top of the A-pillar, where the top meets the windshield header, but other than that, it's pretty silent. Top down, there is less buffeting tan the Miata, and the wind noise is better subdued, as well. I was on interstates (75mph), mostly, but when on more sedate state highways (<65mph), the buffeting is much more subdued, especially is you keep the passenger window up, a little trick I learned from owning a Miata.

According to the trip computer, and later verified twice by calculating, I averaged over 25mpg on my trip home, mostly 75+ mph. Much better than EPA ratings, and better than I was expecting, too. And, after 1600 miles in 3 days, I can testify that the seats are amazingly comfortable, and the Mark Levinson stereo (whoever the hell he is) makes the trip more enjoyable as well.

I'll wait a few months to give you my winter driving impressions.

Last edited by maarp; 05-11-18 at 12:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (07-13-20)
Old 05-12-18, 08:19 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Congratulations on your acquisition. Enjoy! Sounds like you had a fun trip, good timing too, weather-wise.
Old 05-18-18, 05:09 PM
mrdefense
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 sc430

Hello everyone,
My name is Irv and I live in beautiful Berkeley Springs, WV. I love the forum, lots of great information. I purchased my SC430 from a FL dealer on 12/26/17 and had it shipped up to WV. They delivered it during a snow storm and had a hellava time getting it up my driveway. First time the car ever saw snow...
The car is silver with camel interior and 116,000 miles on it. Never even drove a Lexus before but my buddy swore by the SC and he was right. Loving the car. First thing I did was lose the summer tires for decent all seasons.

2005 SC430

SC430 top down

The factory radio was fine but lacking XM and the speakers were of course all bad.

SC430 speakers dry rot

I had BestBuys do the work. They changed out all the speakers and head unit with XM/Sirius. They did a great job. I just did this a week ago. It took a good bit of research and planning. I credit much of my research to this site.

SC430 New touchscreen radio with XM

Yes the door still closes

Satellite antenna placement

The system sounds great.
Other than that I changed the motor mounts this week trying to locate a vibration I get when the AC is on.The mounts were completely shot.
Still looking for my vibration that comes and goes.

So that is the scoop on my SC430. I look forward to being a part of this forum and hopefully being able to contribute.

Irv

Last edited by mrdefense; 05-19-18 at 03:15 PM. Reason: left out a word
TitanG545 (07-13-20)
Old 05-18-18, 06:42 PM
mandyfig
Forum Moderator

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Beautiful car! Welcome to CL!
mrdefense (05-19-18)
Old 05-19-18, 07:11 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Looks great, congratulations on your acquisition! (Looks like your dog wanted in on the action too.)

When do you notice the vibration, when you're driving or idling? If driving, does it occur between 50 & 60 mph?

Does your antenna motor still work or is it disconnected? If it still runs, you might put it all the way up and lube it with an oily rag (silicon or something like that) and it may go all the way down.
Old 05-19-18, 01:12 PM
mrdefense
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
Looks great, congratulations on your acquisition! (Looks like your dog wanted in on the action too.)

When do you notice the vibration, when you're driving or idling? If driving, does it occur between 50 & 60 mph?

Does your antenna motor still work or is it disconnected? If it still runs, you might put it all the way up and lube it with an oily rag (silicon or something like that) and it may go all the way down.
Thanks. The vibration kicks in when I turn on the AC driving or sitting still. I was hoping the motor mounts fixed it but it it did not. It comes and goes which is strange. It almost feels like a bent pulley or something but it is not constant.
As for antenna, it still works.I am guessing it got bent at a car wash or something, it has a kink right where is stops. That is all the further it goes in. New radio sends it up all the time even when listening to XM. I did buy a new replacement antenna and could not get the old one to release.It came all the way out and stops. Somehow some of the teeth on the must be catching. When the nylon cord comes out with the radio on I cannot pull it out. It almost feels like the roll up wheel has tension on it.
Old 05-19-18, 07:18 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Bummer about the bent antenna. Did you use the radio key code for antenna replacement?
Old 05-20-18, 08:06 AM
mrdefense
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
Bummer about the bent antenna. Did you use the radio key code for antenna replacement?
No I just ordered one from AntennaX that said it would fit. It looks exact but the old one just won't release. Followed instructions to a T. I'll keep researching it. Thinking about the stubby change out, just dread the teardown ;-)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread