Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-18, 08:01 AM
Pep59
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Thanks maarp!
There are a handful of other SC owners in my general area but many more down south in the Calgary region.
When you can (should) only drive your car for a few months a year up north, you really appreciate it even more!
Old 08-22-18, 10:18 AM
okievision
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New Owner, 2003

Just picked up this Black 2003 from the 2nd owners who've had it for the past 9 years.
Rolled 44,000 miles on the way home. Have spent hours on this site reading and learning.
It's a garage queen but looking forward to many weekend trips w/ the top down. We had recently sold a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT hardtop convertible w/ 31K miles and it was a roomy, enjoyable ride also but I've definitely made a move up. We're very excited to have found a 2003 in this condition.
I have 18x8 Lexus G Spider wheels ordered w/ 20mm front and 32mm rear Ichiba V2 spacers

and new TPMS sensors.
Old 08-22-18, 09:10 PM
RichardMor
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Beautiful color combo and obviously in great condition. We looked at an 09 G6 Hardtop Convertible. It was very nice, but you are correct - it's not an SC :-)

May you have many enjoyable, safe miles and smiles.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA
2006 SC430 Matador Red Mica, Saddle Int
The following users liked this post:
okievision (08-24-18)
Old 08-25-18, 01:39 PM
VintageSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ‘05 White Gold Crystal in North Texas (new to me)

Found this beauty in Waco. Previous owner said it was a garage queen and it was in really nice condition. Black interior with burl walnut interior and 66k on the clock. Will need tires in a few months, and I will do the timing belt & water pump maintenance next. I removed the wheel trim (hubcaps) and had them resprayed as they were showing some wear.
Thinking about disabling the tpms before I do the tires. Have family working at local Lexus store but not enamored with tpms in general and parts are ridiculous in price. About the only repair I need is the speakers on the left side. May do them all. Also looking for spare tire kit and reading this forum has been amazing. A real wealth of information here. Thanks to all of you for the effort to make it easy for us new owners.
Old 08-25-18, 06:09 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Looks sharp, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your acquisition.
VintageSC (08-26-18)
Old 08-25-18, 06:11 PM
dengreene
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride, enjoy and welcome to the forum! :-)
VintageSC (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 07:51 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

....good looking car & welcome to the forum !!
VintageSC (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 08:52 AM
Tomster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to see if can fit in an SC

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum. I am thinking of buying an SC and around the 2005 year. I live in Ottawa Canada and most cars for sale are several hundred miles away. I don't want to drive that far just to find out I don't fit in the car. I've read many of the posts on tall people fitting into an SC but it comes down to actually sitting in one to see if you fit. I am 6'5" and fit comfortably in my Ct200h... I'm more leg than torso.

So... I'm just putting out an ask if there are any SC owners in or close to Ottawa that would allow me to sit in their car to try it out... I'm not looking to drive it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
Old 08-26-18, 09:04 AM
Pep59
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VintageSC, that really is a Texas beauty! I love that colour combo, nicely done and welcome!
VintageSC (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 11:19 AM
maarp
Pole Position

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomster
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum. I am thinking of buying an SC and around the 2005 year. I live in Ottawa Canada and most cars for sale are several hundred miles away. I don't want to drive that far just to find out I don't fit in the car. I've read many of the posts on tall people fitting into an SC but it comes down to actually sitting in one to see if you fit. I am 6'5" and fit comfortably in my Ct200h... I'm more leg than torso.

So... I'm just putting out an ask if there are any SC owners in or close to Ottawa that would allow me to sit in their car to try it out... I'm not looking to drive it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
Hi Tom. I wish I was closer, but I'm 150km west of Toronto. Odd, the closest available car I can see for Ottawa is Montreal or Kingston. I know these are rare, but not that rare.

As an aside, I flew to Florida and bought a car sight-unseen, and I had never even sat in one before. I know they are based on the LS, and are actually pretty big inside. Mind you, I'm vertically-challenged, at only 5'9".
Old 08-27-18, 04:20 AM
njsteve
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 07 Pebble Beach Edition

OK have some time to post.

Steve from Wayne,NJ
Had a house fire on FEB 19, lost the house and 3 cars, sold the house and bought another house and 2 new cars (RC F and SC430)
So I have been pretty busy taken care of all the BS that goes with it.
In the fire I lost my last hobby a 05 PT Cruiser GT Convertible

Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-n9jxieo.jpg

So I needed a new hobby, discovered the SC430 with the help of these forums was able to buy a SC430.
Test drove a couple that needed a lot of work
Had my eye on a 05 PB up in Boston it got sold before I had a chance.
Starting talking with seller on the 07 PB when He let me know that he had a local buyer
So I look on Craig's List and found a 02 for sale for $4900 with 105K miles
Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-xkvf7ww.jpg
we had a deal for $4700 but the next day he text me back and said his wife would not let him sell the car for that price.
At least some one in the house had a brain.
So that day the seller in Virginia called me back and said his buyer got turn down for the loan and did I still wanted the car.
I flew down to Norfolk, VA and drove the car back to NJ the same day.
2007 PB 86K miles $18K

at the rest stop in Delaware
Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-h1pknqk.jpg

waiting for the ferry to NJ
Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-y1sdowj.jpg

Old 08-27-18, 05:03 AM
maarp
Pole Position

Beautiful! I have a real soft spot for red interiors.
Old 08-27-18, 05:50 AM
dengreene
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gorgeous car! Well done!!!
Old 08-27-18, 06:39 AM
CdnColin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day you lucky SC430 owners. I am beginning my SC430 search with the goal of having my own on the road this coming spring. My son will get a family deal on my current car to make room for its repacement. In my youth I restored a few vintage Corvettes. I’m keen to again lust on a collectable. Why the SC430? A good friend has had two beauties which he bought new. I should have scooped one of them but didn’t. It’s been a serious regret I hope to correct. What a fabulous site help get a new family member. L8R
Old 08-27-18, 07:13 AM
maarp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CdnColin
Good day you lucky SC430 owners. I am beginning my SC430 search with the goal of having my own on the road this coming spring. My son will get a family deal on my current car to make room for its repacement. In my youth I restored a few vintage Corvettes. I’m keen to again lust on a collectable. Why the SC430? A good friend has had two beauties which he bought new. I should have scooped one of them but didn’t. It’s been a serious regret I hope to correct. What a fabulous site help get a new family member. L8R
Hi Colin - I hope you can find one soon. Whereabouts in Ontario are you? I'm about 40km NW of Waterloo.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread