SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-20, 05:10 AM
Madameew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car! Welcome. I too am an older female and I do tinker a bit. I'm learning a lot about the SC car I own and will be upgrading my electronics soon as well. My car's name is Pearl since she has the Egyptian Sand Pearl exterior color. I learn a not from this forum and receive some great tips and guidance on the vehicle.

Again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-20-20, 05:38 AM
3rdLexus65
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So cool to "meet" you!! Thanks for the reply. I have a daughter in NC..Wilmington. Maybe someday Pearl snd Scottie will pass on an NC road!! lol
Old 03-20-20, 05:44 AM
Madameew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good!
Old 03-20-20, 12:11 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 567 Likes on 433 Posts

Welcome Pearl and Scotty to the club. Come to think about it, I need to name my car too. It's an 07, black on black, so I’m thinking Ebony or something on that line....
Old 03-20-20, 12:21 PM
3rdLexus65
Driver School Candidate

Ooo..Ebony is good...or Panther! Lol
Old 03-20-20, 06:09 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3rdLexus65
Ooo..Ebony is good...or Panther! Lol
Yep, Black Panther sounds good ...
Old 04-02-20, 08:07 PM
NZBruce
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello , Kia Ora from New Zealand,

Been lurking here for a while, making use of all the great information available in this forum, thankyou !!

I have recently bought a sc430 2006 , Black on Black , imported from Singapore . 120 k on the clock , and has had timing belt/water pump at 100k .
Has a GTA kit fitted , stereo is ML with the blown speakers !!
No nav fitted

First mod I have had done was muffler delete , very happy with that . Very lucky to get it done the day before we went into lock down ( 4 weeks min for us )
The to do list :

Repair speakers , have ordered a kit for front 6x9 , ( simply speakers ) read just about every thread here,& downloaded pics, tutorials , bought some stereo/ panel removal tools, ready to go when repair kit arrives .... could be a while if it's deemed a non-essential goods.

Air con not working , has charge but low pressure side is too high , will have to wait until business resumes to get the professionals to look at it , have also read lot of threads about this , so have an idea where they should be looking.

New tires & rims

Short ram intake

Bit of a bummer I have the ideal car for the weather we are having, but can't use it or really do any work on it until covid19 is under control and life returns to normal ( whatever that may look like ) but have been known to go down to the garage and just sit in it !

Thanks again to everyone involved in CL and making this great resource of knowledge

Last edited by NZBruce; 04-03-20 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-03-20, 03:42 AM
3rdLexus65
Driver School Candidate

Hi, NZBruce--

What a great project!! Sounds like you have a plan. Bummer that you can't work on the car while you are in lockdown.

I'm sure you will love it when it all comes together. Speaking as a Florida girl, there is nothing like top down sunny driving!!

I just replaced virtually all of my electronics..and by I, I mean I had it done at a professional shop..lol.
I went to a local sound company that has been in business for 42 years. They removed the old nav system and permanently closed that door. Then removed radio and replaced with a new Kenwood Excelon screen with Nav, phone, Apple Play, DVD. etc. and a cool backup camera that I can engage whenever I like. They were able to keep the door over that unit operational, so I have the clean interior look.
Also new 5 channel amp and all nine speakers replaced.
I too was lucky to get in under the wire on a virus lockdown. Picked it up the day before.

The company returned all the old equipment and said if I ever sell and want to restored to original they can do that easily. I figured if ..a big If..I sell I could just give the new owner all the old equipment.

Here's hoping we al stay well and control measures stop the virus progression.

​​​​​​​Stay well!

The following users liked this post:
NZBruce (04-03-20)
Old 04-03-20, 02:51 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Welcome to the forum NZBruce and congrats on you acquisition. Once you get it up and running, you're going to love it. Sounds like you've got the projects all lined out. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have just gotten a new toy and can't play with it! I've owned my SC430 for 14 years now and still love it.
NZBruce (04-03-20)
Old 04-04-20, 06:56 PM
Ozrkcowboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joined the club... 2002 SC430.

65k on the odometer. Smooth as silk and can really get up and go.

Been checking out all the mods, getting a lot of ideas.

Thanks to all and be safe out there.

Old 04-05-20, 07:14 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Welcome to the forum Ozrkcowboy. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Ozrkcowboy (04-05-20)
Old 04-05-20, 10:02 AM
cwolfkill
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Our new addition!

"Xcelli" (Sally) was offered to us after the previous owner, a friend's mother, died. It took six hours and a visit to this forum to say yes! FAR too long!

Ozrkcowboy (04-05-20)
Old 04-05-20, 01:56 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Very nice. So your original post stated 2002 and the picture states 2006. Which is it?
Old 04-05-20, 07:14 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Harold57
Very nice. So your original post stated 2002 and the picture states 2006. Which is it?
She looks like an 06.
Welcome to the club Xcelli . Enjoy your SC.
Old 04-06-20, 02:40 PM
Lomaha
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In Florida too Would love to consider media upgrade!

Hi! You mention you are in Florida. I’m a gal in Florida also and I have a2007 SC430 wish I love. I have bought the speaker sponges for the front ML speakers (not installed yet) but would love to upgrade the system without sacrificing the look of the console dash. I’ve yet to figure out how to use the GPS system. It is so clunky. About all I can use is the phone but randomly and no access to phone contacts.

If you don’t mind, please share your installers name and approximate cost and time to have completed. Please post a photo or two.

BTW, nothing like top down. I replaced a convertible Corvette which had a manual top. Nothing like pushing the button for ease!

Originally Posted by 3rdLexus65
Hi, NZBruce--

What a great project!! Sounds like you have a plan. Bummer that you can't work on the car while you are in lockdown.

I'm sure you will love it when it all comes together. Speaking as a Florida girl, there is nothing like top down sunny driving!!

I just replaced virtually all of my electronics..and by I, I mean I had it done at a professional shop..lol.
I went to a local sound company that has been in business for 42 years. They removed the old nav system and permanently closed that door. Then removed radio and replaced with a new Kenwood Excelon screen with Nav, phone, Apple Play, DVD. etc. and a cool backup camera that I can engage whenever I like. They were able to keep the door over that unit operational, so I have the clean interior look.
Also new 5 channel amp and all nine speakers replaced.
I too was lucky to get in under the wire on a virus lockdown. Picked it up the day before.

The company returned all the old equipment and said if I ever sell and want to restored to original they can do that easily. I figured if ..a big If..I sell I could just give the new owner all the old equipment.

Here's hoping we al stay well and control measures stop the virus progression.

Stay well!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread