SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-21, 06:30 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 564 Likes on 430 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club Lexalot. Enjoy your SC touring topless the coastal.
Old 03-06-21, 06:43 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to the forum Lexalot and congrats on your purchase. Regarding the TPS light, most likely the batteries have gone down and the sensors need replacing. You can buy the sensors from Rockauto and have a tire place install them. Then you'll need to get a Techstream (for about $25 to $50) and register them into the system.
Old 03-08-21, 09:28 PM
jnnfrprkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st Time Owner 2005 SC430

Hello! So, I have never been a car person. I've always been a "truck girl". Last year, my husband was looking for a Lexus SUV for me when he came upon a SC430.. he was excited (he's a sports car guy), I was like "really??" I begrudgingly went to look at it. The second I laid eyes on this car, I fell in love. I guess you can say it was love at first sight. She makes me happy, I take her out whenever I can! Right now she is at a detailer getting an overhaul on her exterior. The paint was on the brink of deuteriation beyond repair (We were told the car was garaged but I don't think that was totally true). I'm excited to learn more about this car and looking to replace the rims because the rims were chrome dipped that is flaking, causing a slow leak in one of my tires. So, any suggestions on rims are appreciated!
  1. Exterior color: Red
  2. Interior color: tan
  3. Audio options (Mark Levinson): Levinson
  4. Other major options or packages: No idea
  5. Any modifications: other than new rims, not much I want to change, maybe tint the windows
  6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc): Never thought I'd own a sports car!
  7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!: From Tri-Cities. Washington
  8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery):

The following users liked this post:
SC300Es (03-09-21)
Old 03-09-21, 08:25 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Welcome to the club. What year is your SC? Mileage? Judging on the rim, she must be a pre-06.
I like your color combo. I am not a big fan of modification but I did changed all interior lights to LEDs, added a pair of puddle light and DRLs.
Join us in the discussion below, you will learn a lots about your SC. If you have any question, just ask.
Old 03-09-21, 10:13 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Welcome to the forum Jnnfrprkr and congratulations on your acquisition.

Your reaction is similar to many of the forum members here (including mine) that the car just makes you smile. I've owned my 2002 since 2006 and it is still my favorite car of all the cars that I've owned and I don't see any out there that I would want to replace it with. Like GmanSC suggested, start your own personal thread regarding your car. Trust me, you'll get more suggestions than you can handle, at least on the short term. There's lots of suggestions out there and folks have made lots of tweaks to personalize their cars. Enjoy!
Old 03-09-21, 11:02 AM
RichardMor
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful world of SC owners! And welcome from a fellow Washingtonian! Tri-cities is a beautiful area. You'll have plenty of great drives in that area. We've had our 06 for 5 years and taken several extended road trips. We love the top down experience and security of a hard top. Ours is a similar color combo. Other than normal maintenance (timing belt, O2 sensors), ours has been trouble free. Hoping the same for you.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA
Old 03-09-21, 01:06 PM
user 720820
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New SC owner and club member

Hello,
just loving our SC. Drove it home from eBay purchase in Scottsdale to Seattle-great drive.
Just working through a small checklist:
damp floor under pedals
backup lights not working
small seam opening driver seat
foggy head lights
loose front seat back panels

looking forward to meeting folks and sharing experiences.

newbie,
Call me Bo

2004 SC 430
Egyptian Sand Pearl
Saddle/Peanut Butter
Mark Levinson audio
Axle back racing exhaust
Check off the”Bucket list”

CA / NV used
Low miles -91K

Last edited by user 720820; 07-27-21 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 03-09-21, 01:35 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Welcome to the club, Bo. You will like your SC. I’m concern about the damp floor, it’s the sign of the vehicle might be leaking water which could lead to electrical problems.
Old 03-09-21, 01:56 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 491 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Welcome to the club, Bo. You will like your SC. I’m concern about the damp floor, it’s the sign of the vehicle might be leaking water which could lead to electrical problems.
Welcome Bo. I agree with Gman about the water leak...it needs to be addressed immediately! If you aren't able to garage it, get a good, custom-fit, waterproof car cover. To dry out the SC, on dry/sunny days, put the vehicle out in the sun with windows cracked open so you can address ASAP. In the garage, you could alternatively use a space heater to dry out the cabin. The longer there's moisture in the vehicle, the more likely you will get corrosion started in your electrical system. Once this happens, it can turn into a total loss (more expensive to fix than to junk and buy another one).

Some forum members have had leaks which start at the front seal where the roof seats. Those leaks can easily end up on the floor below the dash after running down the A-pillar and kick panel. Another possibility would be a heater core leak, but less likely.
Old 03-09-21, 03:00 PM
RichardMor
Driver

Welcome to the SC world, Bo! And particularly to the Seattle SC scene. There are several in this forum from Washington State.

Although the SC is a very reliable vehicle, it's no different in maintenance that others. Hopefully you'll be able to address those things you believe need attending and enjoy it for a long time.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA
Old 03-10-21, 07:12 PM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Just bought a new (to me) 2003. Details are

1. Millennium Silver
2. Ecru
3. Stock Mark Levinson set-up (as best as I can tell)
4. I think it's a base model
5. Not yet, but I'm actively reading up on infotainment upgrades.
6. I bought this with the idea of driving it for a couple years and then moving on to a diesel Gladiator when prices settle down (I know, two completely different vehicles but, hey, they're both convertibles!). I was leaning towards an Audi S4/5 (AWD is nice here in CO) but stumbled on this while searching used car forums. After researching it, I was intrigued by it being designed as a convertible and liked the reliability of a 'fancy Toyota.' I like unique cars and am really glad I found this.

Best,

Patrick

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your SC430, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new SC430;

1. Exterior color
2. Interior color
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson)
4. Other major options or packages
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
teedawg83 (05-26-21)
Old 03-10-21, 08:31 PM
RichardMor
Driver

Your weren’t wrong, Patrick! We all understand the attraction you felt for the SC. Don’t be surprised if this little car tugs at your heart for a long time. It’s THAT worthy. This forum has been around a long time and the wealth of information about the SC is not surpassed anywhere else. You found home base. We wish you many miles of smiles.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA
430in303 (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 09:49 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Welcome to the forum Patrick and congrats on your acquisition. How many miles does it have on it?
Old 03-11-21, 10:55 AM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks! About 93,000
Old 03-15-21, 06:52 PM
AlCayman
9th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tiger Eye Mica

The following 3 users liked this post by AlCayman:
430in303 (03-15-21), Conraxus (05-04-21), SC300Es (03-17-21)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread