SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I recently became a Lexus owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11 | 09:43 AM
8Mile
Rookie

Default I recently became a Lexus owner

Hi my name is Staffan and I am new to this nice Forum, as you can see I'm not from USA, I live in Stockholm, Sweden. Recently I sold my Volvo C 70 convertible

By mother55b at 2008-07-18

By mother55b at 2008-07-18

that we had in the family for seven years for the benefit of a Lexus SC 430, 2002. Although I turned 55, I think it is nice with modified cars, perhaps a professional injury when my employer is not less than Universal Pictures, so you could say that I clearly influenced by Fast And The Furious movies

Here is what my Lexus SC 430 looks like today, something that will change in coming months. The photos were taken a week ago in a chilly Stockholm

By mother55b at 2011-04-18

By mother55b at 2011-04-18

Hope I have not violated any of the forum rules with my first post.

Greetings

/ / Staffan
Old 04-18-11 | 10:01 AM
mandyfig

8mile welcome to CL. What is the official color of your SC? How many miles? For an 02 it looks very good. If you do not mind how much are they selling for in Sweden?
Old 04-18-11 | 11:12 AM
Sapherynth
Driver

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new (to you) SC!
Old 04-18-11 | 11:29 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

congrats and welcome
Old 04-18-11 | 12:44 PM
8Mile
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
8mile welcome to CL. What is the official color of your SC? How many miles? For an 02 it looks very good. If you do not mind how much are they selling for in Sweden?
Many thanks, mandyfig, Sapherynth and Jadu. I notice that there is no difference at your forum compared to the Swedish Volvo Forum which I naturally visited before this one. I've tried the Swedish Lexus forum for almost 2 weeks but soon realized that it is on your forum that I will be visiting and chat.

Now some answers to your questions (mandyfig), it is called champagne beige and I paid $ 33,724 only it had just passed 30150 miles which in Swedish standards is 4.820 mil, it has been imported from Spain in 2007, only three owners before me, all Swedish and it includes the first owner, full documentation in Spanish. The last owner worked at Toyota Center here in Stockholm and he had it for two years. Had it not been for the documentation, I had never bought it. Unfortunately, there is a lot of imported Sc 430 to Sweden from Estonia and Poland with very different kvallité.

If there is interest, I will continuously inform you what will happen with my SC. it is commonly found on the Swedish forum that adding a picture or two to keep everyone updated.
Old 04-18-11 | 12:47 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Congratulations Staffan, welcome to CL.
I too am not from the USA, but these guys will help you with any queries about the SC you have and you will find many ways to modify your car amongst the posts here.

Good luck

Steve
Old 04-18-11 | 01:06 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Welcome Staffan
Old 04-18-11 | 01:08 PM
mandyfig

Staffan, a refreshed picture is always welcome.

We are a bunch of information hungry SC owners. Always on the look out for new and interesting things about our SC's. Please feel free bout chatting about your SC and if we can help we will certainly offer you our advise.

Is the dollar amount you mentioned in US $? How much is Krona vs US $?
Old 04-18-11 | 01:13 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Nice sc, and that was a great looking c70. Were those s60r rims you had on it? I always thought they were very attractive cars
Old 04-18-11 | 03:05 PM
Sapherynth
Driver

Originally Posted by 8Mile
If there is interest, I will continuously inform you what will happen with my SC. it is commonly found on the Swedish forum that adding a picture or two to keep everyone updated.
Please do! We all make sure that everyone is spending money on their cars by posting pictures and walkthroughs of modifications . It is wayyyyyy too easy to get carried away making our car fit our style.
Old 04-19-11 | 04:06 AM
8Mile
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Staffan, a refreshed picture is always welcome.

We are a bunch of information hungry SC owners. Always on the look out for new and interesting things about our SC's. Please feel free bout chatting about your SC and if we can help we will certainly offer you our advise.

Is the dollar amount you mentioned in US $? How much is Krona vs US $?
Thanks for the warm welcome: gray_es300, bacardi and WIL44

Yes i ment US $, 1 US $ = 7.12 kronor (april 19, 2011. it was slightly cheaper today than yesterday) so in lokal curency the price tag was 240.000 SEK, we are still using our own curency,
no Euro here yet!! or what do you say Steve
Old 04-19-11 | 04:36 AM
8Mile
Rookie

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Nice sc, and that was a great looking c70. Were those s60r rims you had on it? I always thought they were very attractive cars
Tanks, Glad you also liked my C 70, it a 2003 and it came into my possession 2004.
The rims are quite right Volvo orginal for S 60 and V 70 Model R, 18 ". Here are some more modifications that I made, the sound was switched to Pioneers largest navigator unit, Alpine amplifier 4x150 w + a secont Alpine amplifier 1x1200w for the 2x10" Pioneer subwoofers i the rear seat. Volvo S 80 phase 2 rear mirrors, Volvo S 40 rear wing, modified to fit on a C 70, new custom exhaust, chip tuned, of course
lowered, and D.I.M from a V 70 R

By mother55b at 2008-05-08

Excuse forgot that I am now in a Lexus forum,
Old 04-19-11 | 05:43 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Welcome, and congrates on your new ride. I'm sure you will find us very friendly, no matter were you're from. The people are the greatest. They know so much and are willing to share that knowledge. My wife likes your wheels. lol
Old 04-19-11 | 11:25 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Staffan,
First, welcome to the forum.

You'll find that folks on this forum enjoy reading & seeing what the other members are doing with their cars. Pictures are always welcome (and somewhat required, in some folks minds). Discussions about previously owned vehicles and how that led to their ownership of the SC430 is common. (We've even had a couple of threads that were somewhat dedicated to that subject in the past.) So feel free to discuss what you did to previous cars and definitely what you plan to do to this one and definitely post pictures.

On top of all that, this forum holds a wealth of knowledge that from my experience far exceeds what you will find from any dealer or probably any Lexus resource publicly made available to owners. There are many of us here (including me) that have solved problems that baffled the dealers or problems were the dealers were just flat out wrong and stated something like "oh, they all do that". (If you ever hear that, bring the issue to the forum and most likely someone on the forum has already dealt with and solved it!)

Enjoy your new ride!
Harold
Old 04-19-11 | 12:36 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

very nice, welcome! what is that black circular thing under the tail light and behind the side marker?

Quick Reply: I recently became a Lexus owner