SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC430 Owner! yayaya hello spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 10:51 PM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SC430 Owner! yayaya hello spring

I got a nice 2004 Black SC430 with the yellow wood and white interior. Man it is so sweet! I was looking for either a SL500, M3, SC430, CLK 55 AMG, or a AMG Sedan. The CLK 55 AMG Convertible was sold before I could test drive it. The interior of the SL and M3 weren't very appealing after driving the SC430. And as for the AMG Sedan. Sure the seats of the CL 55 AMG had massage function. But I couldn't put the top down. Its the cure to claustraphobia that plagues all cars in my opinion. And Although you can just put all the windows open and have the window blow at you its just not the same without the whole top of the car off!

I had seen the saddle in person and it didn't appeal to me because I like more vibrant colors. I think if the steering wheel was more "red grained and lighter" it looked sort of brownish. I would of liked it more. Also the orange seats were a darker orange. I actually could live with the seats it looked good. Its just that the steering wheel didn't appeal to me at all and thats the piece I would be interacting with in the car. It was just brownish and after holding the yellow steering wheel it was a no brainer.

I would like to get RIMS for this car I either want to go black or chrome. What rims do you recommend I get? Can you tell me the exact model and size that I can order off the internet. Last time I bought some rims for my car the steering wheel shaked on the highway. They told me that I needed hub rings and that didn't cure the problem either. So I'm very afraid off spending money on RIMS and then having my steering wheel shake on the highway when Im going over 60+. I was really dissappointed last time with another car and I just need you guys to tell me the exact model for my chrome options and black options if you are so kind to do so.

I'd like to do the Parrot thing. Can someone make a youtube video of it in action?

I want to upgrade the subwoofer. I felt like there wasn't enough BASS in the current sound setup. Where to get it and whats the best one?

The above image appealed to me. Does that roof spoiler glue on or something or is it hard to install that. Will it get in the way of the roof functionality of going from top down to top up. Seems like it would cause a problem.

As for the bodykit. I won't be doing any body kits cuz I just don't have the time or funds for it haha. But that body kit on that car is pretty awesome.

I use this car to cruise the Long Island Expressway. I find that in NY if you speed you get a ticket and a headache of having to get it settled. Or there is alot of traffic. So the SC430 felt like it fit the bill. It won't get you a ticket but you'll enjoy getting to where your going.
Old 04-19-11, 02:47 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowtrim
I got a nice 2004 Black SC430 with the yellow wood

Last time I bought some rims for my car the steering wheel shaked on the highway.
Please don't call it yellow wood

You are dead on with the wheels, I bought a set of 20s and get compliments all the time, but sometimes they shake. If I had it to do over I would have bought the factory Spiders. I had the wheels road force balanced, and depending on the temp they vibrate until the tires warm up. Not bad enough for me to throw away the wheels, but I notice it every day.

Not too much you can do to this car without spending big bucks, luckily it does not need a lot. Congrats on your new toy!
Old 04-19-11, 06:02 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrates on your new ride and welcome to the forum. You said you wanted a spoiler? I don't think I have ever seen an SC without one. I never looked up to see how they are attached. I'll have to check it out. I also agree with scdroptop about the g-spyders. They are a stock wheel, but do look very nice IMHO. That black one that you posted looks fine.
Old 04-19-11, 07:20 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

He was talking about the roof spoiler. They were made fir thr car and function with the car. It will go down with the top no problem.. Congrats on your vehicle! Make sure you get the car inspected properly! My complicance bushings are torn a bit.. I'm hoping once i change wheels and replace the bushings the vibration i have will be gone.. For some reason the stock 02 pie plates aree veryy sensitive with balancing.
Old 04-19-11, 08:24 AM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
He was talking about the roof spoiler. They were made fir thr car and function with the car. It will go down with the top no problem.. Congrats on your vehicle! Make sure you get the car inspected properly! My complicance bushings are torn a bit.. I'm hoping once i change wheels and replace the bushings the vibration i have will be gone.. For some reason the stock 02 pie plates aree veryy sensitive with balancing.

I already signed for the car but have only paid the deposit of 500. How can I get the car inspected properly?
Old 04-19-11, 08:57 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the car! Love it!!!
Old 04-19-11, 09:30 AM
Rancher
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a rear spoiler in Carbon fiber for sale:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-weave-cf.html
Old 04-19-11, 10:14 AM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1

You are dead on with the wheels, I bought a set of 20s and get compliments all the time, but sometimes they shake. If I had it to do over I would have bought the factory Spiders. I had the wheels road force balanced, and depending on the temp they vibrate until the tires warm up. Not bad enough for me to throw away the wheels, but I notice it every day.

Not too much you can do to this car without spending big bucks, luckily it does not need a lot. Congrats on your new toy!
Yea i wana get chrome factory wheels... i dont want my steering wheel to shake. You should sell those rims and get chrome wheels too . you shouldn't be unhappy just to have 20's. the car makes the wheels
Old 04-19-11, 10:22 AM
cyberlexus
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1

FYI, I have been using 2 different sets of OEM wheels, and I have exactly the same problem as yours. Vibration or steering shake will go away once tires warm up, but not 100% gone. So the problem can't be the wheels.
Old 04-19-11, 03:29 PM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

ya it is the wheels aftermarket ones shaked noticebly. i put the onrs that came w the car and it went away. maybe ur oems are deformed or ur cars messed up
Old 04-19-11, 03:55 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Yikes! Yellow Trim, huh? How about birdseye maple wood? Doesn't that sound much better? Congratulations! Your interior is called Ecru and it's fun to keep clean. Please post some pics and see the new owner post I just made for you and others below. Wheels are the # 1 topic for new owners, so please do some searches and read up on the forum-there is a TON of information. Spend some time to get to learn about your car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...and-april.html

Wheels thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...l-fitment.html

This is an amazing resource...read this: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_libra...0_options.html

+1 on non-oem wheels. My last 8-10 cars have all had aftermarket 19, 20"s and 22's on various cars with obviously various types of tires on SUV's, sedans and coupes and I am absolutely certain that some wheels are just not made for a car despite the mfg saying "they fit". I'm like you, Kaisersea, if I had to do it all over again, I would get the chrome g-spiders and call it a day. Do some spacers, maybe a red colored center cap to offset Ebony's interior and that's it. I'm constantly rebalancing my tires. They balance them, I drive off, and they wobble. Road force balance and all. Both current cars too! Both have hub centric rings, but who knows if they truly are the right ones and if the wheels really should even be on the cars. There's something to be said about OEM. But then again, I sure like the look of my 20's!!!

Last edited by scdroptop; 04-19-11 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-19-11, 04:14 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

are you guys running HUB rings when installing aftermarket rims? That would help a whole lot. when i installed my iforged retro i had NO vibrations whatsoever.

Yellowtrim - Just take it to Lexus and they will do a free vehicle inspection for you
Old 04-19-11, 04:27 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep, I mentioned it in my post. All my cars I have bought the hub centric rings. They helped a little (maybe in my head) but not much. Typical wobble over 55/60mph. 75+ good to go, and under 55 good too. Especially bad on cold mornings or after not driving for a few days. My 09 FX35 has 17k miles on it (bought December 2008) and has wobbled since day one when I bought the car new and put new wheels/tires on it.
Old 04-19-11, 05:07 PM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

cool thanks guys for your feedback i think i want luxlink and better subwoofer f
Old 04-19-11, 06:30 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Yep, I mentioned it in my post. All my cars I have bought the hub centric rings. They helped a little (maybe in my head) but not much. Typical wobble over 55/60mph. 75+ good to go, and under 55 good too. Especially bad on cold mornings or after not driving for a few days. .
Same exact problem. Usually after driving 10 minutes it goes away. Over 80 it is as smooth as driving on glass. I am a little worried it could loosen things up, but compared to driving over pot holes up north I think LB will survive.

Quick Reply: New SC430 Owner! yayaya hello spring