SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Now I Want One

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11 | 01:04 PM
focsle
Rookie

Default Now I Want One

Should've stayed away from this forum, now I'm hunting, what do I tell the wife?

This is nice, just not by color, maybe another hunter perhaps.

Enjoy the reading over here, even tried to order the Luxlink the other day, looks bad.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2329851556.html
Old 04-19-11 | 03:04 PM
Sapherynth
Driver

Ha ha! Welcome. You have been bit by the bug . I am not a big fan of silver but the mileage is great! She apparently drove it to the store and back. If you are really interested SCdroptop is a wealth of information and can help you track down some really nice cars for almost any price range. You already know that you like driving a Lex now it time to do the same without being restricted by a roof, you won't be sorry!
Old 04-19-11 | 03:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

tell her its for her, thats how i got mine...always works you just actually have to let her drive it and then you enjoy it on the weekends. and of course the mods are for her as well. also you can add that this is discountinued and will be worth money in the future!
Old 04-19-11 | 03:53 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

I was perfectly fine with my ES350 but then I saw the 09 SC Pebble Beach and was sold. One day I couldn't control the craving anymore so I called up the car broker and he found a great one for me within the week.

The pictures of people's SC430 will make you lose control.
Old 04-19-11 | 04:24 PM
scdroptop

Silver on black will always be a classic. We did a forum POLL on the favorite color combinations and the results were favorable to silver/black-you can do a search for it, I believe it came in second place.

I think $42k is a little high, albeit the super low miles. Some things to think about, which I sincerely DOUBT since the car has been sitting:

Tires probably have dead spots or even rotting/cracking a little. Tires are $$$$ especially run flats.

Battery?

Belts and Hoses need to be flexed and might have some cracks too.

I'd do a complete flush and fill on the following fluids:
Oil
Brake
Transmission
Rear differential
Coolant
Power Steering

Why in the world would I tell you this? Because Lexus vehicles recommended service intervals for the big service is 30k miles or 36 months whichever comes first. Being a perpetual garage queen collector myself, I can personally vouch for many serpentine belts, hoses, fluids and tires going bad by just sitting. Not to mention batteries! LOL

So...for $42k and limited maintenance, the exterior blemishes, I'd offer about $35-$37k for the car and cite the above reasons if you are serious about the car and really want it.

You can find GREAT 2007's all day long in the mid to upper $30k's.

One of the best sites to find quality pre-owned, reconditioned cars is the Lexus Certified Pre-Owned section of www.lexus.com Here's a search already done for you on SC430's.

http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_poresults.ps...Search_Results

BTW-the CPO program is outstanding. 3 years/100k miles bumper to bumper plus loaner car, free emergency roadside assistance and free car washes for life, not to mention the best part: 161 point refurbishment/inspection where they replace anything not up to lexus "new specs". During this process, if the vehicle has not had the major service interval (30k/60k) which includes filters, fluids, belts, hoses, wipers and battery sometimes as well, tires and brakes as needed-they replace them!!!!

This car is amazing. IMO it's the prettiest Lexus ever built. 2007 Pebble Beach white on red. $5k less than the silver one and CPO warranty and all maint up to date.

http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_podetails.ps...alerCode=64630

Here's an awesome black on camel (dark tan)...you can probably get for close to $42k.
http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_podetails.ps...alerCode=64602
Old 04-19-11 | 04:30 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scdroptop
This car is amazing. IMO it's the prettiest Lexus ever built. 2007 Pebble Beach white on red. $5k less than the silver one and CPO warranty and all maint up to date.

http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_podetails.ps...alerCode=64630
awesome choice!
Old 04-19-11 | 04:58 PM
Sapherynth
Driver

Sweet wheels on that PB! OEM nice.
Old 04-19-11 | 05:40 PM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

test drive every interior color they have pik the colors u want so u wont regret it dont settle for any other color outside or inside
Old 04-19-11 | 11:53 PM
yellowtrim
Driver School Candidate

Oh My God. I do not know why people bash this car. It is the most amazing car in the universe! Dude it drives like a rocket on the highway and it cruises on the streets. The feel of the wood is like your handling a car that cost a million bucks. My God! i love this car hahahaa. Tonight I got to drive it as my own and man... it was so amazing i had to post this. SL500 owners missed out. and People who bash this car jeez. This car is the shizzznattttttttt wow. Im really impressed by this car. the Sound system is amazing! its so punchy with the top up or down. and the yellow wood has like a few layers in it cuz when light hits it at different angles it looks like u can see the patern shifting . Its really something
Old 04-20-11 | 06:33 AM
mandyfig

Low miles but a bit steep in selling price, just from afar. Look, touch and drive.
Old 04-20-11 | 09:25 AM
Sapherynth
Driver

Originally Posted by yellowtrim
Oh My God. I do not know why people bash this car. It is the most amazing car in the universe! Dude it drives like a rocket on the highway and it cruises on the streets. The feel of the wood is like your handling a car that cost a million bucks. My God! i love this car hahahaa. Tonight I got to drive it as my own and man... it was so amazing i had to post this. SL500 owners missed out. and People who bash this car jeez. This car is the shizzznattttttttt wow. Im really impressed by this car. the Sound system is amazing! its so punchy with the top up or down. and the yellow wood has like a few layers in it cuz when light hits it at different angles it looks like u can see the patern shifting . Its really something
Soooooo... can I assume that you are happy with your purchase . I feel the same way!