SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Motorized door for the radio stopped working, popped the cover off and the wire...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-11 | 11:53 PM
skitzo
Driver School Candidate

Question Motorized door for the radio stopped working, popped the cover off and the wire...

Motorized door for the radio stopped working, popped the cover off and the wire was not connected. I don't see what it connects to, can anyone tell me where it snaps in?
Old 04-27-11 | 07:29 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

*I believe there is a conenctor you need to plug the wire into which is located on teh center consol look at the wood top consol and around the ashtray I think that is where the connector is
Old 04-27-11 | 07:44 AM
Habious
Pole Position

If you can provide us with a little more information, I bet we can help you out.

The wire that's "not connected"...I'm assuming this is the wire that goes from the door switch into the dash, correct?

Which end is not connected? Do you have the switch assembly with a pigtail of wire attached to it...and the OTHER end isn't connected? Or do you have the wire dangling loose, not attached to the switch?

Does the "not connected" end terminate in a connector, or is it bare wires (like it was pulled out)?
Old 04-27-11 | 08:55 AM
skitzo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Habious
If you can provide us with a little more information, I bet we can help you out.

The wire that's "not connected"...I'm assuming this is the wire that goes from the door switch into the dash, correct?

Which end is not connected? Do you have the switch assembly with a pigtail of wire attached to it...and the OTHER end isn't connected? Or do you have the wire dangling loose, not attached to the switch?

Does the "not connected" end terminate in a connector, or is it bare wires (like it was pulled out)?
Correct its the pigtail end of the switch that opens the door, it has a white two pin connector, but I can't find the female end it goes to.
Old 04-27-11 | 12:10 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skitzo
Correct its the pigtail end of the switch that opens the door, it has a white two pin connector, but I can't find the female end it goes to.
On the back of the switch for the door there is a black connector that pluged into the switch and I believe that the white connector you have would then plug into the black connector. You may have inadvertenly pulled out the black connector [ This is easy to pull out ] When I was doing install work in the same area as the radio switch I made the mistake of unplugging the connector on the back of the switch instead of just removing the white 2 pin that you have . You may have lost it or else your not seeing the place it plugs into. It is very hard to plug the white conenctor in with the black part I am talking about in place . Take a close look at the door switch assemble and see if you see what I am talking about.