SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Debadged

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-11, 02:05 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tensi
I don't want the emblems... but I am curious about Sewell.. how do you access their parts, or know whats on clearance? Their website didn't seem to show anything... unless I am looking in the wrong place.
Tensi go to the Club Lexus Vendors Market place. Click on that then go down toward the bottom of the page, (just went there) and look for the Sewell's closeout page, click on that and then click on the highlighted c and then go down the list. Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-11, 02:18 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! Thanks. I don't think I will be copying your style, but I thought it was a really unique look on the SC I hadn't seen before. Good idea.
Feel free to copy it. The back actually looks slightly different now. I moved to New Mexico and they don't have a law against tinted license plate covers, so I added one of those. Looks a little better now.
Old 05-06-11, 02:21 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by WIL44
Love the clean look of yours Liquid, I wish we didn't have the rear fogs in the UK.

Best regards Steve
Thanks. I never noticed them until you said something. Maybe you could do a clear lens with a red LED.
Old 05-06-11, 06:35 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Tensi go to the Club Lexus Vendors Market place. Click on that then go down toward the bottom of the page, (just went there) and look for the Sewell's closeout page, click on that and then click on the highlighted c and then go down the list. Hope this helps.
Wow! Very cool. Thank you for the guidance. I never would have found it if you didn't give me thorough directions. Appreciate it!
Old 05-06-11, 06:36 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Feel free to copy it. The back actually looks slightly different now. I moved to New Mexico and they don't have a law against tinted license plate covers, so I added one of those. Looks a little better now.
Thanks, but too scared of the police hassling me about it. I just love the unique look. Great job.
Old 05-06-11, 09:00 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Mandyfig, it isn't me, it the forum. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. lol
Ok, yeah it is the Forum...but the Black Pearl Emblems sure looks good...
Old 05-07-11, 12:01 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks. I never noticed them until you said something. Maybe you could do a clear lens with a red LED.
Now that is some idea, why didn't I think of that?
The search starts for clear lenses, thanks Liquid.

This forum never ceases to amaze my, you guys always have an answer to ever question.

Best regards Steve
Old 05-07-11, 12:11 AM
Yes

Now that is some idea, why didn't I think of that?
The search starts for clear lenses, thanks Liquid.

This forum never ceases to amaze my, you guys always have an answer to ever question.

Best regards Steve
No problem. I'm guessing this do it yourself would probably work for the rear fogs too if you can't find something already made.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ners-done.html
Old 05-07-11, 02:13 AM
WIL44
Instructor

No problem. I'm guessing this do it yourself would probably work for the rear fogs too if you can't find something already made.

Again, I am amazed, Liquid.

Thanks so much, I would never have found that thread.

While on the subject of the corner lights, I have removed almost every screw from the front wheel liner and still cannot get to the lights. They are just reflectors here and I want to paint them body colour. Any info on removing them would be a great help.

Best regards Steve
Old 05-07-11, 02:20 AM
WIL44
Instructor

How cool would this be if it could be done on the rear lights as well.

Clear with LED's wow.

Probably a reason it can't be done or someone on here would have done it allready, I'm sure.

Thanks again Liquid.
Old 05-07-11, 08:09 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Debadged and "despoilered".

I also removed the emblem from the grille for a while, but decided I liked it there and put it back. I don't like a lot of text on my cars, but I don't mind an initial here or there.
Attached Thumbnails Debadged-dscf0020.jpg  
Old 05-07-11, 11:07 AM
Yes

Again, I am amazed, Liquid.

Thanks so much, I would never have found that thread.

While on the subject of the corner lights, I have removed almost every screw from the front wheel liner and still cannot get to the lights. They are just reflectors here and I want to paint them body colour. Any info on removing them would be a great help.

Best regards Steve
I've never messed with them, so I'm not sure how to get to them. I'd try doing a search and if you can't find anything post a new thread. I'm sure someone here knows how to get to them.

Regarding the rear lights, my guess is that because they're more curved it would be a lot harder to make a do it yourself lens. You'd probably have to heat the material and mold it. I'm sure it could be done, but I'm guessing it's a lot more work than the side markers.
Old 05-07-11, 11:08 AM
Yes

Thanks, but too scared of the police hassling me about it. I just love the unique look. Great job.
If all you're worried about is the police, I wouldn't worry. You can't tell they're tinted. It looks stock.
Old 05-07-11, 02:31 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

If all you're worried about is the police, I wouldn't worry. You can't tell they're tinted. It looks stock.
really?? nice. now i weigh the only other factor... in case of an accident.
Old 05-07-11, 03:11 PM
Yes

really?? nice. now i weigh the only other factor... in case of an accident.
I was just in an accident last month. Someone hit me when I was making turn (had nothing to do with the tint). The police officer didn't notice it. It's basically impossible to know they're tinted unless you have an SC430 and know the rear lights have amber turn signals. The tint looks like plastic. Also, most newer cars have solid red rear lights, so it doesn't look unusual.

Quick Reply: Debadged