SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

$33k for 2007 SC 430...40,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11, 06:18 PM
raywest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? $33k for 2007 SC 430...40,000 miles

I'll be buying this car....and like I said it is a Black 2007 model with 40,000 miles. It's in excellent condition with no dents/scratches. What do you think? I couldn't get the dealer to bring the price down, but I did get a free paint protection (worth $700-800 the guy said), plus CPO. The car drives great (from my view anyway!)...so is it worth it and did I get a good deal?

Plus...what do you think of a 23 yr old male driving it? Because that's how old I am! I'm thinking that SC drivers are much older than I am, so I'm curious to your reactions.

Last edited by raywest; 06-03-11 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-03-11, 06:25 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Raywest
you'll find out when the girls see it.
Old 06-03-11, 06:31 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Raywest
you'll find out when the girls see it.
Old 06-03-11, 06:35 PM
rcroller
Rookie

Sounds like a fair deal...is it a Lexus CPO warranty? I paid $35K for my '07 CPO Black Saphire Pearl with 34K on the clock back in December. It has probably depreciated that much in 6 months. Enjoy it!
Old 06-03-11, 07:32 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, congrats! Mine was purchased in September 2010, a 2007 with 17K miles on it... CPO...for $40K. Worth. Every. Single. Penny. You'll love it.
Old 06-03-11, 09:29 PM
raywest
Driver

thanks for the responses...looks like I'll be signing that contract tomorrow! and yes, the warranty is CPO.
Old 06-04-11, 12:30 AM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is an average deal.

But for a 23 yr old, OP should start with a BMW 3 series first, much better driving dynamics. The sc430 is indeed for older drivers caring for a comfy serene ride over driving excitement.
Old 06-04-11, 08:04 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

I suspect that the original target market for the SC430 is the older (40+) driver, just because of the starting price. However, since there is a fair used market out there and there are 9 & 10 year old cars available now, the market demographic is changing. There are several of the under 30 folks on this forum and driving the SC430 now. Right Huy? Of course, there are a few in the under 30 group that can afford the new or almost new vehicles too, they are just a smaller percentage of that demographic.
Old 06-04-11, 08:35 AM
tfischer

Received 227 Likes on 167 Posts

It's a pretty good deal, but that free "paint protection" is worth exactly what you paid for it - nothing. Don't let the paint go bad. Keep it washed and polished and protected with either wax or a polymer protectant, like Zaino.
Good luck with the babes.
Old 06-04-11, 11:59 AM
raywest
Driver

jzwu - I actually prefer a comfy ride over a true sport car...I had driven the ES 300 for over six years, and I drive a lot so I think the SC is perfect in that respect...a nice sporty car yet a comfortable one!

Harold - That's funny...my brother's name is also Huy, but he doesn't drive an SC though

tfischer - thanks for the tips, I will try, although my last black car's paint got so messed up. I'm not really good at protecting the paint, other than washing it...that's why I wanted the paint protection for this.

so excited!!! glad to be part of the SC club =)
Old 06-05-11, 07:35 AM
tfischer

Received 227 Likes on 167 Posts

I have had a black SC 430 for ten years, and last week at a gas station another customer complimented me on the car, and he did not believe me when I said the car was just over 10 years old. I have had Zaino on it since it was new, and highly recommend it. Without good protection (wax every month or so, or a quick reapplication of Zaino (which is much easier - no buffing) every six months or so, washing does little to help; improper washing techniques and tools will scratch and add swirl marks to the paint. Last year I saw my neighbor actually put the bucket on the hood of her car while she washed it. Very convenient, but . . .
Old 06-05-11, 09:33 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by raywest
Harold - That's funny...my brother's name is also Huy, but he doesn't drive an SC though
All the Huy's in world come together!!! It's actually a very common Vietnamese male name. But congrats though sir, you'll love it!!!

Originally Posted by Harold57
I suspect that the original target market for the SC430 is the older (40+) driver, just because of the starting price. However, since there is a fair used market out there and there are 9 & 10 year old cars available now, the market demographic is changing. There are several of the under 30 folks on this forum and driving the SC430 now. Right Huy? Of course, there are a few in the under 30 group that can afford the new or almost new vehicles too, they are just a smaller percentage of that demographic.
Yes sir!!! There was no doubt that I wanted the SC430 when I was looking for a hardtop convertible. You can't beat the SC430's reliability, luxury amenities/comfy ride, good owner's altitudes/positive stereotypes. The fact that, it was a Lexus car sealed the deal. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it was a BMW SC430 or any other brand because of the dealerships.

Last edited by huy33; 06-05-11 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-05-11, 10:50 AM
raywest
Driver

Thanks for reassuring me that I made a good decision!
Old 06-05-11, 11:17 AM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
I have had a black SC 430 for ten years, and last week at a gas station another customer complimented me on the car, and he did not believe me when I said the car was just over 10 years old. I have had Zaino on it since it was new, and highly recommend it. Without good protection (wax every month or so, or a quick reapplication of Zaino (which is much easier - no buffing) every six months or so, washing does little to help; improper washing techniques and tools will scratch and add swirl marks to the paint. Last year I saw my neighbor actually put the bucket on the hood of her car while she washed it. Very convenient, but . . .
I have a 2002 black sc430 too. All I do is use the spray on polymer and wipe it with a microfiber cloth every few weeks. It shines like new and no need for waxing.

My car is kept in garage at home and work. That's the best thing for the paint.
Old 06-05-11, 04:33 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Very good deal, IMO if not great. Those of us who have the CPO's and extended warranties can vouch for the fact that they pay for themselves over and over again. PLUS remember it HAD to go through the 162 point inspection process to get it there, which means most likely a 30k service was done in the process.

Regarding the age thing-I have never really followed this, although when I was younger (I'm 36 now) I did favor Supras, 300Z's, Rx-7's, etc but then again that is what was popular. After you've had a SC it's pretty hard to top it in this price range. So if you want a V8 classy hard top convertible with the flexibility of a rear seat and lexus dependability-you cannot top it! Especially at that price.

We have hashed this out many times, trust me!

You like what you like. If you are worried about the comments from your "homeboys" about the SC being a "chick car" just smile and say, "yeah, it's a chick car alright, all the ladies smile and look and comment when I roll by!!!" LOL You might get these comments from you manly men friends. Who cares, right? One of my good friends who drives a F250 dually for a daily driver has a mom who has a SC430 and he fell in love the first time he drove it and gave me big time compliments on mine...yet another knucklehead friend of mine in a Vette calls my car and me female anatomy names! Have some fun with it all...take it in stride and make sure you point out to them all the trouble free, fun and luxurious time you have with your SC!!! Enjoy, congrats! Please post some pics and do searches on the forum for all the standard SC430 newbie questions.

All the answers are at your fingertips!

Quick Reply: $33k for 2007 SC 430...40,000 miles