SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Resurrection part II

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-11, 06:26 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resurrection part II

Okay, so I've done all the mechanical work necessary to bring her back up to date and now it's time to bring back her showroom shine!!!

I just ordered Zaino...never used it before, but heard great things.

Below is what I ordered:

Z-18 - for proper surface prep
ZFX - for fast curing base
Z-2 Pro - for good shine on my crystal white/gold paint
Z-CS - for more shine and to seal it all in
Z-7 - for future washing
Z-6 - for touch ups in between washing

My question is...did I pick the right products and how long are we talking for this process to take if I put on about 5 coats of the ZXF and Z-2 Pro to start?
Old 06-07-11, 07:00 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I too have the white gold and have used zaino since I bought my sc 3 years ago. You wont use anything else once you find how great their product is.

It is very important to follow their instructions carefully. Be sure to use dawn to remove all waxes before you use the clay bar. I always use the zfx whenever I apply polish. Living in southern california, my sc gets dusty more than dirty, so I use the california duster and use z6 enhancer spray usually every other day. That may sound labor intensive-its not we're talking 5 minutes to do it. Needless to say my sc is in the garage, when its not at my work or being driven. My sc is a daily driver, but my commute is only 3 miles round trip. I use the car wash as needed (usually 1 or 2x a month) and dont normally drive when it rains (usually from december to february). That may sound odd, but it rarely rains here. The last rain we had was several months ago. I think the sc was made for this type of climate. I always use the zaino car wash and even use their bucket with the screw top lid. Whats great about it is the strainer at the bottom so the dirt doesnt go back on the car. I polish 2 or 3x a year and always use the zfx. When people look and touch the finish they think I polish weekly-it really is show car quality. Since buying the original kit, I now stock up on the car wash and the z6 spray. Everything else is from the original kit. I am considering using the clay bar again and putting fresh polish on, in the next couple of weeks.

This is my routine. Yours will be based on where you live and how you use your sc. The one thing I do know-you will be pleased with the outcome. There in nothing like Zaino that I've found!