SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-11, 07:16 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing

This Sat. I had my car Professional Detailed by ( CP Car Detailing ) the guy's name is Ciro. He will use any product you want even Zaino, he used Black Fire on mine, equal to or better then Zaino. He came at 9:30 am and finished at 7:00 pm. He will come to your house. First he washed the car and wiped off, then he completely Clay Bars the car every inch of the car..Then he apply's sealer to the car, buffed it in, wipe the car down. Then apply's polish and buffed the car. Then dose the rims and tires. When my friends seen the car, he got 2 more jobs. Ciro is from N.Y. he came 70 miles one way. Then he helped me put my new car cover on. If you want a car Professional done Ciro is the guy, knows what detailing all about. Services N.J., N.Y., Ct., Pa.
CP Car Detailing Web Site
201-525-0861

Last edited by bacardi; 06-07-11 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-07-11, 08:33 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

And the cost??

I did a complete detail on my SC430 back in April, same process...wash, sand, clay, polish, buffer, wipe.......& interior. It took 5 hour & it was $120 + $20 tip (optional). I'm happy with teh result but I'm sure there's better one out there

Here a picture after the detail:
Attached Thumbnails Detailing-sc430-photo.jpg  

Last edited by grabber2; 06-07-11 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-08-11, 03:30 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bacardi
This Sat. I had my car Professional Detailed by ( CP Car Detailing ) the guy's name is Ciro. He will use any product you want even Zaino, he used Black Fire on mine, equal to or better then Zaino. He came at 9:30 am and finished at 7:00 pm. He will come to your house. First he washed the car and wiped off, then he completely Clay Bars the car every inch of the car..Then he apply's sealer to the car, buffed it in, wipe the car down. Then apply's polish and buffed the car. Then dose the rims and tires. When my friends seen the car, he got 2 more jobs. Ciro is from N.Y. he came 70 miles one way. Then he helped me put my new car cover on. If you want a car Professional done Ciro is the guy, knows what detailing all about. Services N.J., N.Y., Ct., Pa.
CP Car Detailing Web Site
201-525-0861
He seems to have done a few things out of order. Sealant before Polish and no Paint correction at all?
Old 06-08-11, 03:57 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

harleydjce
it was done properly, waxing is done after you use the sealer. If you check Black Fire web site wax gos on after you do the sealer. the wax causes an ever deeper whine. right from the their web site.
Old 06-09-11, 12:12 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

I know a little bit about detailing. It may be your terminology. Wax is not a polish

The normal order is:

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Wash
4. Paint Correction (you may call this Polishing but it really is the removal of any Swirls, scratches etc)
5. Wash
6. Polish (to bring up the shine)
7. Wash
8. Surface prep for Sealant Adherance
9. Seal
10. Wax

If you don't believe me, check any Detailing website/Forum
Old 06-09-11, 03:02 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

harleydjce
thats what was done. maybe i just didn't say it properly. there is so much involved in doing a car right. now i know what you pay for done right. i never had a car done like this before or seen it done. i left out the swirl removal part. it was just step after step after step. your right to do a car right is a hell of a lot of work. i wouldn't want to do it. thats why i didn't, it was better to pay someone. i thought he would never finish. i just watched.

Last edited by bacardi; 06-09-11 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-09-11, 04:08 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Good. Just making sure you used someone who actually knew what he was doing. I do this myself to my cars 3-4 times per year
Old 06-09-11, 05:06 AM
raywest
Driver

Can any of you recommend someone good that is in Massachusetts, or would be within traveling distance to do this for me? Thanks a ton.
Old 06-09-11, 05:31 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydjce
I know a little bit about detailing. It may be your terminology. Wax is not a polish

The normal order is:

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Wash
4. Paint Correction (you may call this Polishing but it really is the removal of any Swirls, scratches etc)
5. Wash
6. Polish (to bring up the shine)
7. Wash
8. Surface prep for Sealant Adherance
9. Seal
10. Wax

If you don't believe me, check any Detailing website/Forum
Good info. Thanks. Recommend any specific products that work with a buffer?
Old 06-09-11, 07:18 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

redliner8
he used Black Fire on mine. i wanted Zaino, he explained to me that he thought Black Fire was equal to or better. which ever one i wanted. it takes the same amount of time. the guy was worth the money to me. i'm to old to do what he did, forget it. i have customers in the detail business and they use their own products and i know they don't put that kind of time in or work. to do it right it will take 1 to 1 1/2 days.

Last edited by bacardi; 06-09-11 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-09-11, 04:47 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redliner8
Good info. Thanks. Recommend any specific products that work with a buffer?
Different products for different things and a lot of them are down to personal preference.

Zaino is overrated (IMHO) and Blackfire is very good but not the best.

Menzerna or Optimum would be my pick for paint correction via Buffer.

Wash - Optimum or Liquid Glass
Polish - Liquid Glass
Sealant - Liquid Glass
Wax - Ioncoat Naviwax
Detail Spray - Prima Slick or Liquid Glass
Old 06-09-11, 05:12 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by bacardi
redliner8
he used Black Fire on mine. i wanted Zaino, he explained to me that he thought Black Fire was equal to or better. which ever one i wanted. it takes the same amount of time. the guy was worth the money to me. i'm to old to do what he did, forget it. i have customers in the detail business and they use their own products and i know they don't put that kind of time in or work. to do it right it will take 1 to 1 1/2 days.

I always wondered how much difference there is between top level polishes. I been using zaino for 5 years and maybe it might be splitting hairs on which one is better because at the end of the day I doubt anyone can tell the two brands apart on the same car.. Curious did he tell you why he thought Blackfire is better than zaino?

Do you have a before and after pic of your car ? Curious to see blackfire in action. I heard rave reviews about them as well.
Old 06-09-11, 05:14 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by harleydjce
Different products for different things and a lot of them are down to personal preference.

Zaino is overrated (IMHO) and Blackfire is very good but not the best.

Menzerna or Optimum would be my pick for paint correction via Buffer.

Wash - Optimum or Liquid Glass
Polish - Liquid Glass
Sealant - Liquid Glass
Wax - Ioncoat Naviwax
Detail Spray - Prima Slick or Liquid Glass
Curious have you ever tried Pinnacle Souveran Wax and/or Wolfgang Fuzion? A lot of people rave about pinnacle souveran paste wax on a black/dark color car.
Old 06-09-11, 08:38 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

ciro feels zaino is over rated, he feels black fire lasted longer when done properly. i have the midnight pine med. now the color sparkles in the sun. i went by what he said. wish i took pictures before and after i didn't. but the car looks like night and day. like i said i think car came out great.
Old 06-10-11, 12:10 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SystemShok
Curious have you ever tried Pinnacle Souveran Wax and/or Wolfgang Fuzion? A lot of people rave about pinnacle souveran paste wax on a black/dark color car.
Yes to both along with Zymol, Swissvax, chemical guys etc. You name it, I have tried it!

They are all good waxes. The Ioncoat Naviwax is insane though!

Liquid Glass has exceeded all my expectations. Compared to Zaino there is no comparison. Zaino isn't in the same league from a Sealant perspective

Quick Reply: Detailing