SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Do people still compliment you on your car?? Yes they do!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 01:40 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SC430 stock is already a beauty, especially the interior. Though when you add enhancements like wheels, kit, lowered etc... even the slightest change like adding a roof spoiler goes a long way because if you take society as a whole no one really mods an SC430.

I never liked the 6-series for some reason.. I just don't like the shape. I do admit the SL's are nicer looking cars but there is a trade off like spending a lot more money, more mechanical problems I assume (from what I read) and IMO an inferior interior to our cars.

Really if I think about any other convertible that I like better exterior AND interior is going to cost me $60k more
Old 07-10-11, 01:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SystemShok
The SC430 stock is already a beauty, especially the interior. Though when you add enhancements like wheels, kit, lowered etc... even the slightest change like adding a roof spoiler goes a long way because if you take society as a whole no one really mods an SC430.

I never liked the 6-series for some reason.. I just don't like the shape. I do admit the SL's are nicer looking cars but there is a trade off like spending a lot more money, more mechanical problems I assume (from what I read) and IMO an inferior interior to our cars.

Really if I think about any other convertible that I like better exterior AND interior is going to cost me $60k more
Thanks for the concurrence

Yes the next level of cars that I feel is superior to the SC430 is Aston Martin Vantage Roadster or R8 Spyder, at least $60k more.
Old 10-18-12, 08:02 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today on my way home from the airport, a guy in a Bentley Continental GT convertible came along side me at a stop light. I looked over and saw him checking out my car. He said "Very nice". I thanked him and we both went on our way. Highlight of my day.

Old 10-18-12, 08:18 PM
New2this
Driver School Candidate

Love those 2002 SC430's!
Old 10-18-12, 09:31 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time I leave work and walk toward my SC I am thinking what an awesome car. Wish it was mine! Then I smile to myself when I realize It IS!

Last edited by SlvBullet; 10-19-12 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-19-12, 01:48 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slvbullet
every time i leave work and walk toward my sc i am thinking what an awesome car. With it was mine! Then i smile to myself when i realize it is!
absolutely.
Old 10-21-12, 05:00 PM
MrVancey
Rookie

Yesterday a friend said when I'm ready to sell or trade it in to let him know because he wants it. Regretfully, I told him, he has to get in line. First in line is my sister, whose first words when she first saw it were: "your will says it goes to me, right?" And yes, my will does give her the car.
Old 10-21-12, 07:45 PM
eliotd
Rookie

I had the opportunity to show of my wife's sc430 to my coworkers when she went out of town last week. She gave me permission to drive it while she was gone! I had to wipe the drool off the car afterwards! They can't believe it is six years old! Popped the hood and heard wow! "Absolutely Gorgeous" was the popular response on the interior. Unfortunate for me, people think I make too much money now that they saw the car! On the way home at a stop sign, a girl yelled out "nice car", but I didn't even see where she was. My wife says she gets compliments on the car, everywhere... stop signs, parking lots, gas stations, traffic lights....and it happens all the time!!! The best compliment was when I passed her going the opposite direction on a major road and thought there's a blonde lady driving a gorgeous car and then realised it was my wife!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 10-21-12, 07:52 PM
J954sho
Pole Position

We took my customer’s car to a show last weekend and got a lot of looks on the road.

Old 10-22-12, 02:29 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Every time I leave work and walk toward my SC I am thinking what an awesome car. Wish it was mine! Then I smile to myself when I realize It IS!
Happens all the time with me! Best car in the world!!
Old 10-22-12, 02:31 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eliotd
I had the opportunity to show of my wife's sc430 to my coworkers when she went out of town last week. She gave me permission to drive it while she was gone! I had to wipe the drool off the car afterwards! They can't believe it is six years old! Popped the hood and heard wow! "Absolutely Gorgeous" was the popular response on the interior. Unfortunate for me, people think I make too much money now that they saw the car! On the way home at a stop sign, a girl yelled out "nice car", but I didn't even see where she was. My wife says she gets compliments on the car, everywhere... stop signs, parking lots, gas stations, traffic lights....and it happens all the time!!! The best compliment was when I passed her going the opposite direction on a major road and thought there's a blonde lady driving a gorgeous car and then realised it was my wife!

Great story, thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-22-12, 05:56 PM
sebtown
Driver

Today I was asked if my debadged 2002 was a new AUDI , when I said no he exclaimed Mercedes? I couldn't resist and told him it was a prototype for a new Lexus!
Old 10-22-12, 08:39 PM
eliotd
Rookie

Originally Posted by sebtown
Today I was asked if my debadged 2002 was a new AUDI , when I said no he exclaimed Mercedes? I couldn't resist and told him it was a prototype for a new Lexus!
we can all wish that was true! can you imagine if they brought it back with newer technology and better performance....(there's an idea for a thread!!!)

Old 10-22-12, 09:49 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=J954sho;7555584]We took my customer’s car to a show last weekend and got a lot of looks on the road.

WOW!
Old 09-10-13, 12:24 PM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Besides the verbal compliments, we all must get the automotive form of a compliment. As turning into my drive way with a muscle car behind and it burns a little more fossil fuel as it passes. This also happens at stop lights where they must show their muscle with fuel and marking the pavement.
It's fun.

Quick Reply: Do people still compliment you on your car?? Yes they do!!