SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 08:57 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
Let me correct myself in the last post. If you open the door BEFORE you take the key out, luxlink will NOT work the next time you start the car.

Sorry about that omission.--John
Quoted for importance.

This...right here. Everyone new to the LuxLink needs to read what Solman said.

When I drive my car exclusively, the LuxLink works flawlessly...literally every...single...time.

Then, my wife will borrow the car for something. Next time I go to get in it, the LuxLink won't work.

Because she feels the need to open the door...take a breath...find her purse...find her cell phone...put her cell phone in her purse...take another breath...shut off the car and take the keys out...put the keys in her purse...get out of the car...close the door...realize the keys are in her purse...dig through her purse to find the keys...take the keys out...lock the door.

Women.
Old 09-12-11, 10:39 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

Habious....

Hard to live with them, but can't really enjoy life without them.

John,

Thanks for your patience, clarifications, and most of all talking Steve into another LL production run. While LL is definitely a "finicky" device, with a little practice and your excellent tutelage, mine is working as represented.

I think I may have one more small expense to support my LL... I'm going to get some new remote key batteries for my two keys. With all the practice and amazement watching and showing off the new functionality, I think I've drained them. Or it might just be because they're more than 10 years old.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 09-12-11 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-12-11, 03:21 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me correct myself in the last post. If you open the door BEFORE you take the key out, luxlink will NOT work the next time you start the car.

Sorry about that omission.--John
So if you happen to open the door before you take the key out and the LL doesn't work on the next time you start the car, is it assumed that the NEXT time after that, it'll work again??

Or is there a sequence you have to do to get it working again?
Old 09-12-11, 04:04 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I'm going to get some new remote key batteries for my two keys. With all the practice and amazement watching and showing off the new functionality, I think I've drained them. Or it might just be because they're more than 10 years old.
You read my mind. I know mine are at least 3 years old, probably older. Cheap price for piece of mind and I know that if I'm a little too far away, there goes my sequence. I too get a kick out of how impressed people are watching LL at work.

Originally Posted by huy33
So if you happen to open the door before you take the key out and the LL doesn't work on the next time you start the car, is it assumed that the NEXT time after that, it'll work again??
NO other sequence! In case you never noticed, if you open the door before you turn off the key/remove it, your headlights will NOT turn off if you have them set to auto-off. LL works the same way. As soon as you turn off the SC correctly everything works right-Door never opens until the key is OUT of the ignition. I find it interesting that periodically my lights did NOT turn off automatically and finally I found out from Steve why. Tricky, complicated cars we got here!

John
Old 09-12-11, 05:30 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

NO other sequence! In case you never noticed, if you open the door before you turn off the key/remove it, your headlights will NOT turn off if you have them set to auto-off.
John
That is crazy!!! I always pull the key out first before doing anything but that's good to know.
Old 09-12-11, 07:27 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

I may be guilty here... Need to study that part of my actions! Thx!!

Btw- the CR1616 battery for our remotes can be found very cheap at home depot. $2.99 I just bought all of them at my HD! Lol
Old 09-12-11, 08:55 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

No other sequence! In case you never noticed, if you open the door before you turn off the key/remove it, your headlights will NOT turn off if you have them set to auto-off. LL works the same way. As soon as you turn off the SC correctly everything works right-Door never opens until the key is OUT of the ignition. I find it interesting that periodically my lights did NOT turn off automatically and finally I found out from Steve why. Tricky, complicated cars we got here!

John
wow, thank you so much John, you just pointed out the major key I have been looking for that disable my top!! I almost always open my door before I take the key out of the ignition.......and sure enough my top don't always work when the car start everytime. I know I was doing everything right that I know of, I was just missing something. Key out before door open is not mention anywhere.

I just tried it, key out before door open, top come down the 1st time

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

Last edited by BNR34; 09-12-11 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 08:58 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Btw- the CR1616 battery for our remotes can be found very cheap at home depot. $2.99 I just bought all of them at my HD! Lol
$2.99 for one or for two? I buy mine from Walmart and no one beat Walmart on retail prices I forgot how much I pay though, I think is $4.00 for two.
Old 09-13-11, 06:16 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Today I went 3 for 3 on the remote start/top down and also 2 for 2 on the remote start + door unlock. Yes!!! I think the key is to have a fast thumb finger with the right timing.
Old 09-14-11, 04:19 PM
Stompor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my car in yesterday for the install. It took them 6 hours for the LuxLink and the back window mod.

I like the remote start and roof up/down, but I realllllly like the back window mods.

Everything works as advertised. I am a happy man
Old 09-14-11, 08:07 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Stompor
Took my car in yesterday for the install. It took them 6 hours for the LuxLink and the back window mod.

I like the remote start and roof up/down, but I realllllly like the back window mods.

Everything works as advertised. I am a happy man
Who did your install? Who said Bestbuy can do it?
Old 09-14-11, 08:09 PM
mandyfig

Habious....

Hard to live with them, but can't really enjoy life without them.

John,

Thanks for your patience, clarifications, and most of all talking Steve into another LL production run. While LL is definitely a "finicky" device, with a little practice and your excellent tutelage, mine is working as represented.

I think I may have one more small expense to support my LL... I'm going to get some new remote key batteries for my two keys. With all the practice and amazement watching and showing off the new functionality, I think I've drained them. Or it might just be because they're more than 10 years old.
Hi Bob,

Did you get the alarm upgrade?

Mandy
Old 09-14-11, 08:36 PM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, got the shock sensor. Works well. You can bump the car and nothing happens, but hit like you're breaking a window and the alarm goes off.
Old 09-15-11, 06:18 AM
mandyfig

Yes, got the shock sensor. Works well. You can bump the car and nothing happens, but hit like you're breaking a window and the alarm goes off.
Thanks, so when they did your install, did they have to add a SW to the hood? I really should be reading your posted DIY a lot better to check if there was a mention.
Old 09-15-11, 06:53 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum is turning into the HAVES and HAVE NOTS!
Damn.

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test